Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #3496
Duplexdis
Dis veteran

Thank you Natebenma! Yup, checking in the 15th and leaving the 22nd. Glad to be added to the gang!
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #3497
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I think it may be bird poop
Geez! I mean in know you attempted to marry the pool noodles last year but now you are telling us your DH is a bird!?

This is way beyond my expertise. I just can't help you...

Do they even have nappies for birds?? Pampers for pidgeons??? Huggies for hawks?

I'm at a loss...

~NM
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #3498
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

We are checking in on the 26th, just wondering if there are pool noodles available for purchase at the BC and if so, how much they cost?

Thank you!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #3499
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
We are checking in on the 26th, just wondering if there are pool noodles available for purchase at the BC and if so, how much they cost?

Thank you!!
I saw some in the Marketplace two weeks ago. I think they were $4.99, but I'm not sure.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #3500
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Off topic: my 13 1/2 year old dog, Bubba, passed away today in his sleep. We'll miss him so much.
So sorry for your loss

Old 08-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #3501
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post

Why was a bird wearing his trousers?

People still say trousers? Or dungarees?

Might be one of NM's seagulls
Baaaahaaaaa! :-)
Old 08-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #3502
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

OMG!!!!

I am always lurking on this thread, but this one brought me out...
I think some of this crew could be featured at the improv. Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #3503
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Feckless-- sorry about your trip and bump! We are here YC CL too and I agree... Great staff and experience so far! I'll keep an eye out for you ...

Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #3504
TxTiggergal
Mouseketeer

Home from YC

We are home from our wonderful stay at the Yacht Club. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. Our room was in great shape with a fantastic view of the lagoon & we could see Illuminations fireworks from our balcony. Mousekeeping was terrific this trip and kept us well stocked in supplies & had our room cleaned by the time we returned for our mid-day break. Also, much to my surprise, we had turn-down service even though we weren't staying club level.

We thoroughly enjoyed Stormalong Bay. We had no trouble finding chairs mid-afternoon. We did have to use our key cards for access though as the Magic Band scanners weren't operational. And the drinks from the bar are sooo good too

Transportation was great. We never had a long wait for either buses or boats. And the walk to Epcot was convenient as well.

We were glad to have the opportunity to test the Magic Bands. Personally, we liked them very much. There was a little glitch with one of our bands at the airport getting on the Magical Express & another one upon checking in, but both were resolved. We had selected our FP+ before we left home. It was so nice to "sleep in" on our Epcot day, knowing that we already had secured Soarin' fastpasses for 9:00-10:00 a.m. & could just walk over at our leisure.

But the thing that really sticks in my mind is the high level of service at the resort. Each and every CM we encountered was helpful and friendly while seeming genuinely interested in providing service. This was our third stay at the YC and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #3505
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Geez! I mean in know you attempted to marry the pool noodles last year but now you are telling us your DH is a bird!?

This is way beyond my expertise. I just can't help you...

Do they even have nappies for birds?? Pampers for pidgeons??? Huggies for hawks?

I'm at a loss...

~NM
LoL you are keeping my mind off the pain in my toe!

Now I need to rethink my packed footwear. I think it may well be 11 nights in flip flops
Old 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3506
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Enjoy your trip!

Weather is supposed to be gorgeous up here for the next several days.
Weather is gorgeous! Wish we could live here year round and be that much closer to family and WDW! I keep telling the office we need an East Coast location but they aren't biting yet...

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #3507
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie View Post
Feckless-- sorry about your trip and bump! We are here YC CL too and I agree... Great staff and experience so far! I'll keep an eye out for you ...
She'll be the one with the black eye!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #3508
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Sorry to break up the poop talk but I have a question with the new mug business coming up...

DH and I are just staying 4 nights, but we enjoy our daily coffee in the morning on our walk to the park as well as something to drink on our way back. Will we have to go out of our way to fill mugs? I'm used to Pop Century where the mug refill station is on the way to and from the bus pick up. If we have to go farther away, I'll just bring our plastic refillable water bottles and some crystal light single packs and drink water and pay OOP for coffee.

Segue from that paragraph...can I take my hard plastic water bottle into the park? (think the camelback water bottle with the straw)
Old 08-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #3509
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
I saw some in the Marketplace two weeks ago. I think they were $4.99, but I'm not sure.
That's what I saw too, in mid-July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
Sorry to break up the poop talk but I have a question with the new mug business coming up...

DH and I are just staying 4 nights, but we enjoy our daily coffee in the morning on our walk to the park as well as something to drink on our way back. Will we have to go out of our way to fill mugs? I'm used to Pop Century where the mug refill station is on the way to and from the bus pick up. If we have to go farther away, I'll just bring our plastic refillable water bottles and some crystal light single packs and drink water and pay OOP for coffee.

Segue from that paragraph...can I take my hard plastic water bottle into the park? (think the camelback water bottle with the straw)
The Ale & Compass lounge, in the YC lobby (or close to it) has fresh brewed coffee in the morning. As far as I know you will be able to use your refill mug there- you can now and I haven't heard that is going to change.

The only thing is, it is only a refill area until 11 or noon when the bar opens for the day. When you are returning from the parks, I think you would need to stop at the Marketplace or the Hurricane Hanna's refill station near Stormalong Bay

Yes, you can bring a reusable, hard plastic water bottle to the parks. No glass (I think) and definitely no alcohol, but those are the only restrictions I can think of at the moment.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #3510
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
HUGE shiner today. HUGE. OMG. Managed to get a contact in there so I can keep my sunglasses on all day (also super glad they are polarized as I am not taking them off in public! LOL) It will be rehab sunglasses for me, baby! DS suggested I go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for an eye patch! LOL I'm documenting the progression, so check back for the TR!

Epcot today!
So that must get you some looks in the park - and I'm guessing your husband is getting his share of looks too! I agree with NM, go for the mad tour group story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Ouch, I am as bad, if not worse, than Feckless. I have just walked into the suitcase and given the immense pain, probably broken my little toe. I've done it before and its nowhere near as bad as the time it was sticking out at a very weird angle, but it hurts lots so I've strapped it up and DD has provided chocolate. Thank goodness we are off to the beach and not Disney!
While we all appreciate how catchy Disney fever is, you should not be trying to keep up with Feckless by catching her tripitis! Not a good trend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
All I'm waiting for, as far as Feckless's trip is concerned, is the sure to happen Moose 'incident' at home.
If Feckless gets home and spots a moose with a black eye, she'll know he tripped in her front yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Why was a bird wearing his trousers?

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: