Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #3316
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I have exciting news! I told you guys a couple months ago that my sister want to take my 3yr old nephew for 1st WDW trip & wanted me to go with them. I had a great dilemma as (even though I did buy an AP) my aunt I went in May & my husband & I have our fall BC stay. So to go go again this yr seemed outside my vacation budget. Well I found a great agency deal w/ a TA & my sister, my nephew & I booked this am a 12/4-12/8 WL trip! Even though it's not my beloved BC/YC, I'm so excited to go again, & try a new resort. The most exciting thing is to be with my nephew for 1st trip & see WDW in his eyes! I feel very blessed to go 3x in 2013!!
How exciting! Seeing Disney through a child's eyes is truly magical

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
333disneymom is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #3317
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Took my little ones to their first showing of Fantasmic! last night. They loved it! Saw Illuminations the night before. Disney sure knows how to do evening shows and fireworks Looking forward to a more relaxing day today, as the last 3 were spent leaving the rooms at 7 a.m. and staying out until the parks closed. It's exhausting, but my DDs have enjoyed every minute of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
333disneymom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #3318
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I have exciting news! I told you guys a couple months ago that my sister want to take my 3yr old nephew for 1st WDW trip & wanted me to go with them. I had a great dilemma as (even though I did buy an AP) my aunt I went in May & my husband & I have our fall BC stay. So to go go again this yr seemed outside my vacation budget. Well I found a great agency deal w/ a TA & my sister, my nephew & I booked this am a 12/4-12/8 WL trip! Even though it's not my beloved BC/YC, I'm so excited to go again, & try a new resort. The most exciting thing is to be with my nephew for 1st trip & see WDW in his eyes! I feel very blessed to go 3x in 2013!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Awesome news!!!

We r trying WL also for Mardi Gras. I will miss BC, but it will be our 3 rd trip in less than a year so I'm trying to Behave and save a few dollars here and there .
We missed the BC when we stayed at the WL in Feb, but we loved the boat to MK and the counter service, Roaring Forks. And it was perfect with the grandchildren, age 3 & 5.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #3319
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran
 
Blessed_wth_Triplets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,155

Anyone know the plans for the Magic Bands and getting into the pool area?
__________________
Me DH .
DS DS DS
DD
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #3320
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Page 115-120

I'll be off all day to our annual family reunion at the Grand Commons in Newcastle NH. Should be a beautiful day to be seaside. My dad's side of the family is a very fun, close group.

Check-in with everyone later tonight or tomorrow.



When is your trip?

As others have stated, the lounge itself is always open, except when they are doing the prep work for the next food service offering.

I spent many wee morning hours stopping at the lounge before a quiet resort stroll with my camera- unfortunately, I didn't notice what beverages were out either in the dispensers or cooler. I only have eyes for coffee!

There were some of the light afternoon snacks in cannisters- the tropical trail mix is quite good for an early morning energy boost. Can't remember if the Swedish fish or pretzels were out.

A little off-topic rant- 2 years ago we stayed club level at the Hard Rock in Universal. Lounge started serving food at 7 am, the same time the Wizarding World opened to resort guests. We didn't realize that until AFTER we had booked.

You also received good information about the daybeds. My understanding is that families of 5 (with all members over age 3) have priority for a room with a daybed. Say a family of 4 has requested a daybed, and you haven't. You should still get that room first.

However, if there are no rooms with a daybed available when you check in, a rollaway cot will be provided. There is no charge to you. Even a smaller family can request a rollaway during their stay without charge. Sometimes housekeeping gives incorrect info about this.





Thanks for letting us know. Have a fantastic trip!





I'll add you as a late-breaking addition to the Be Our Guest list in Post 15.



I don't think the RFID mugs will be available during your stay.

As far as tips, if you have time read through Pages 1 and 2 of this thread. In my opinion, one of the more helpful hints is the "Super Secret Entrance/Exit EPCOT entrance to the BC" This is described in a couple of places including the FAQ- Post 13.

Yes, the doors are open. I was there a couple of mornings around 4:30 or 5.





~NM, you're not bad! You're just drawn that way!!!

I'm jealous of your wonderful trip!!! Have fun!

Have a great day Dee!!
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, August 2014 Pop Century, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #3321
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraTink3 View Post
7 days until we are at BC!! I can taste that sunken treasure already!
Woohoo!!!
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, August 2014 Pop Century, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #3322
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyLover0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 175

Dee!

Can you please make some changes to the Be Our Guest list? Due to more family coming, discounts and adding a day, DH and I will be staying at Beach Club now (instead of YC) October 18-25th. My parents will be at YC 19-23!

We've stayed at BC twice before, and would like a room near the secret entrance. My question is - are there stairs at that secret entrance? We're staying LV, but I'd prefer not to be on the first floor. We'd also like a full balcony, so does anyone know if that exists near the secret entrance for LV? Thanks so much, my head is spinning as we make all these changes!
__________________
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #3323
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Awesome news!!!

We r trying WL also for Mardi Gras. I will miss BC, but it will be our 3 rd trip in less than a year so I'm trying to Behave and save a few dollars here and there .
Thanks Ocalla, great minds think alike!! I trying too be good about vacation money too, but I think WL would be better fit for nephew because I think this trip will mainly be MK & AK only, whereas Epcots mine & DHs fav park so BC/YC hits it out of the park!

So your trips in march? I will tell you what we think about it.
__________________
11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #3324
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
the huge balcony works great for us for a few reasons.


SNIP!
I agree! And besides... if you forget your underwear or the Grey Poupon you can go from sliding door to sliding door and ask for help! As an added bonus you can add to the recreational programming at the resort by running your own "Best Bed head Contest" first thing in the morning.

I always have that problem where people take the phone off of the hook when I keep calling their room and asking if they have Prince Albert in their can. With those balconies I can just stroll on over and knock on their sliding glass doors until they agree to hang the phone back up and check their bathrooms.

The possibilities are endless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Page 115-120

~NM, you're not bad! You're just drawn that way!!!

I'm jealous of your wonderful trip!!! Have fun!

I blame it on hanging out with Buzzy and Nannette, ESPECIALLY Nannette!!!1!11!!!!

Both are BAD influences.... Nannette pushes all the buttons when we get on an elevator, she likes to fold her towels the wrong way and when you call her, she figures out it's you and she tries to sound like a recording and tell you that "Your Call is IMPORTANT to us and will be answered in the order that it was received ....."

Buzzy just forwards chain emails, sings along to EVERYTHING, and worst of all, he thinks he can dance!

I on the other hand am practically perfect in every way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Took my little ones to their first showing of Fantasmic! last night. They loved it! Saw Illuminations the night before. Disney sure knows how to do evening shows and fireworks Looking forward to a more relaxing day today, as the last 3 were spent leaving the rooms at 7 a.m. and staying out until the parks closed. It's exhausting, but my DDs have enjoyed every minute of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I always say you can sleep when you're dead....

When my kids got tired and they were that age I decided it was time to introduce them to espresso. I told them that it was just Italian chocolate milk....

~NM
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #3325
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Anyone know the plans for the Magic Bands and getting into the pool area?
They have scanners there when you enter the pool and they scan your magic band.
TeenaS is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #3326
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I blame it on hanging out with Buzzy and Nannette, ESPECIALLY Nannette!!!1!11!!!!

Both are BAD influences.... Nannette pushes all the buttons when we get on an elevator, she likes to fold her towels the wrong way and when you call her, she figures out it's you and she tries to sound like a recording and tell you that "Your Call is IMPORTANT to us and will be answered in the order that it was received ....."

Buzzy just forwards chain emails, sings along to EVERYTHING, and worst of all, he thinks he can dance!

I on the other hand am practically perfect in every way!

~NM
Lol! Killing me!!!
__________________



nannette is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #3327
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer
 
cocoabean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeastern CT
Posts: 360

This is off topic:::: Last year we stayed at the YC during F&W festival. We were in Epcot at night buy England (the bathrooms and the phone booths) The gates were open and people with tickets were going into a building. Does anyone know what this is???? All the other times that I have been at Epcot this area is closed off.


Also, a friend of mine is staying off property (Bonnet Creek), they have AP's, will they be allowed to get Magic Bands and make FP reservations? I know not now, but in the future (they are going in Feb). What do you think??
__________________
cocoabean1 is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #3328
JanetMom
DIS Veteran
 
JanetMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I agree! And besides... if you forget your underwear or the Grey Poupon you can go from sliding door to sliding door and ask for help! As an added bonus you can add to the recreational programming at the resort by running your own "Best Bed head Contest" first thing in the morning.

I always have that problem where people take the phone off of the hook when I keep calling their room and asking if they have Prince Albert in their can. With those balconies I can just stroll on over and knock on their sliding glass doors until they agree to hang the phone back up and check their bathrooms.

The possibilities are endless!



I blame it on hanging out with Buzzy and Nannette, ESPECIALLY Nannette!!!1!11!!!!

Both are BAD influences.... Nannette pushes all the buttons when we get on an elevator, she likes to fold her towels the wrong way and when you call her, she figures out it's you and she tries to sound like a recording and tell you that "Your Call is IMPORTANT to us and will be answered in the order that it was received ....."

Buzzy just forwards chain emails, sings along to EVERYTHING, and worst of all, he thinks he can dance!

I on the other hand am practically perfect in every way!



I always say you can sleep when you're dead....

When my kids got tired and they were that age I decided it was time to introduce them to espresso. I told them that it was just Italian chocolate milk....

~NM


Well who wouldn't want a shared balcony after those tips! That's the beauty of this thread - tips to make the most out of any situation.

(Clearly someone in your house gave you a good does of ego boosting juice this morning!)
__________________
Janet





Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #3329
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,635

Nobody has scanned our MBs when coming in the pool. Haven't seen them scan anybody

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #3330
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
How exciting! Seeing Disney through a child's eyes is truly magical

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
This is really what makes my heart swell, I can't wait for his reaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We missed the BC when we stayed at the WL in Feb, but we loved the boat to MK and the counter service, Roaring Forks. And it was perfect with the grandchildren, age 3 & 5.
I know I'll miss my BC/YC, but from what you're saying about WL being perfect your grand kids helps me know it was the right choice. My nephew is 3& will be 4 at time of trip. We're not planning an Epcot day, just MK & AK. I may sneak over to DHS to check out Osborn lights alone when he goes to bed.
__________________
11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.