Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #316
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Anyone else have any success with "Snore Stop?" I think it is by the same folks that make the Breathe Right strips, but it is in pill form. Some of us take it to encourage a silent night in our resort room.
Does the snorer or snoree take it?

Back in the 'hood those are called rufees
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #317
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post

Haha!!!! Or Floories !!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #318
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
I realize that not everyone has smartphones, but if the poster with the issue does, it seems the app would take up less room in the luggage.
I'm only popping back in here because I thought some people might think I was joking about the app. There really are white noise apps. I have no idea how well they work. In our house, allergy meds stifle the noise (or so I have heard.)
I have this app on my iPhone...the one I have is "Relax Melodies" I just searched "white noise" in the app store. It really works! I got it bc when we stay at my inlaw's beach house, everyone is so loud!!! They are serious night owls and I can fall asleep with the app running! I charge the phone at the same time as it runs while I sleep! Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #319
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The snorer.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #320
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Thanks for all the tips. Didnt know there was an app for it........I will have to get the wife or my daughter to search for one on their I-phone's. That may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Hi
We stayed in a deluxe room club level just last week. You are going to love it and I am sure that the club staff will do whatever they can to make you happy. Please let me know if you have any questions
Do you remember what room # you had ? Full balcony ?

Yes, the deluxe rooms are great ........ a lot more room than a standard room (we have stayed in both).
We have had room 4557 which is a GREAT room. 4th floor, overlooks the quiet pool and can see the higher Epcot fireworks. The balcony is almost as long as the room. Has a nice hallway and foyer entrance. Will have to dig up some pics. Its very large. I think all the Deluxe rooms have daybeds ???
The deluxe rooms are VERY hard to reserve since there is only 6 of them at the BC. We were lucky enough to find one AND use the 30% off special too .

Thanks for the tips for the ............snorer in question

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #321
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Anyone else have any success with "Snore Stop?" I think it is by the same folks that make the Breathe Right strips, but it is in pill form. Some of us take it to encourage a silent night in our resort room.
Quote:

As a "snoree," I appreciate this tip!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #322
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Yes, the deluxe rooms are great ........ a lot more room than a standard room (we have stayed in both).
We have had room 4557 which is a GREAT room. 4th floor, overlooks the quiet pool and can see the higher Epcot fireworks. The balcony is almost as long as the room. Has a nice hallway and foyer entrance. Will have to dig up some pics. Its very large. I think all the Deluxe rooms have daybeds ???
The deluxe rooms are VERY hard to reserve since there is only 6 of them at the BC. We were lucky enough to find one AND use the 30% off special too .

Syndrome
I LOVE that room - just a wonderful location and tons of space! When we stayed there, I wasn't smart enough to take photos. Now, I'm always the first to enter our resort room. I click the camera at least six times and everyone piles in! It's easiest when I run ahead to set up an "in-room celebration surprise." Gives me a chance to set everything up, take a bunch of photos of both the room and the surprise, and then really enjoy the reaction when our boys walk in!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #323
flafan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Thanks for all the tips. Didnt know there was an app for it........I will have to get the wife or my daughter to search for one on their I-phone's. That may work.

Do you remember what room # you had ? Full balcony ?

Syndrome
We had room #4691. I loved it it did not have a full balcony but it didn't bother any of us. We were right it front of the SAB slide but no noise from the room when doors were closed.
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #324
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I have an update! We booked our trip for April - May. Our official dates are April 30 - May 5, 2014 - BC GV. We are very excited.
Congrats Wood Nymph ! I'm excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I went ahead and added on a Styrofoam cooler from Garden grocer, and if I end up with a fridge, I'll just chalk this up to the cheapest money I ever threw away at Disney!!! DH was teasing me cause I wasn't sure if I should risk adding it on or not..................he said "...seriously??? You are worried about $8.00 when the trip cost HOW MUCH???"

I am also checking out park hours for my trip, and can you believe that AK opens at 7:00a.m. on one of the EMH days!!!!
Your DH is like mine, I worry about the pennies & hes fine with spending it to have a great time! We're the perfect ying yang match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Our clothes are packed! Now only DH has to pack his stuff. We are hitting the road at 10:30am and I'm guessing he'll pack his suitcase at 9am! Must be nice to only have to worry about your own clothes.

I can't believe we leave tomorrow. This summer has gone by extremely quickly.

Is Johnny Depp still in the hot tub at SAB? Word around town is that Doug Flutie heard Dee was coming next week and he'll be at SAB Tuesday -Friday.

I joined the same dining thread Couchy posted on and I'll be submitting my food pictures there. Here's the link....http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3102192

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Have a great trip & a safe drive Catho! I think it's so cool youre a CM!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #325
amg35
DIS Veteran

Hi!!!!!

Very excited, we are going 10/1/14 to 10/10/14 and staying at the Beach Club!!

We were going to book a standard room/view, but now looks like we are booking a garden view. Nice!!!!

I stayed at Yacht Club in 2011 for parents 50th anniversary trip and dad sprung for a lagoon view , loved it, but now I'm paying and we're doing Beach Club!

I'm sorry, I posted another thread, but do I have to choose which beds I want - two queens, or one queen and twin, or king size- when I book? Or do I find out when we get there? It doesn't matter to us.

Thanks!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #326
baggirl
Mouseketeer

Do all the YC CL rooms have full balconies? Any with only the Juliette? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #327
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I went ahead and added on a Styrofoam cooler from Garden grocer, and if I end up with a fridge, I'll just chalk this up to the cheapest money I ever threw away at Disney!!! DH was teasing me cause I wasn't sure if I should risk adding it on or not..................he said "...seriously??? You are worried about $8.00 when the trip cost HOW MUCH???"

I am also checking out park hours for my trip, and can you believe that AK opens at 7:00a.m. on one of the EMH days!!!!
This is what I'm gong to do too, just in case.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #328
hill6
DIS Veteran

Teena are you going to working July 28th?

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Kidani May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #329
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS-OH View Post
Thoughts and prayers to those of you experiencing the illness or loss of friends and family members.

I must confess...I am a Middle School Principal. Yup, the craziest of all. Full moons and low pressure systems make my job interesting. And, you know what? I love every minute of it! Middle schoolers are so full of life and energy...they keep me young at heart!

And, for those of you wondering, I plan on enjoying both a Sunken Treasure and a Gray Goose slushie while I am at the YC next week!
As another teacher on here, I am hoping you are savvy enough to order them at the same time... One for each hand!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #330
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
Do all the YC CL rooms have full balconies? Any with only the Juliette? Thanks!
As I posted on the CL thread, there is at least one room with no balcony at all. The room I know of is 5163. I saw it for myself!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: