Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #3226
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Warren, MA, USA
Posts: 537

Hey all...
today is checkout day from YC CL.

Sad to say that we are left less than impressed here. We were given the wrong room at checkin on Wed. night which forced us to have to change rooms for our 2 night split stay (to get the end of one discount and beginning of another). We booked the room category SV. The first room was 5170 two doors down from the lounge. Nice room but did not have a daybed & as a family of 5 we needed someplace for the fifth to sleep. I called to housekeeping for the cot and was told that there would be a $15 dollar per night charge for the cot. I told her that we are 5 and needed some place for the 5th to sleep. She argued with me a bit that there was, indeed a daybed for that 5th person to sleep and that there would be a $15 charge. I told her that I am standing in the room right now and there was only a chair. She put me on hold and came back a minute later and said "we'll bring it right up".

We did not know what room we were checking into (though we could've guessed) yesterday morning so headed off to Epcot and then to AK to do some things. Signed up for texts, and had the CL CM print room keys for me and DH so that we could charge to the room. Our first indication that something was amiss was when we tried to charge snacks to the room and it didn't work. Then when we hopped to AK, DH's Magicband did not work for entry (we'll see what happens at Studios this morning). And I get a text saying to stop by the front desk to sort out room stuff...

We return to YC CL at 3:30 and "check in". That process took approx. 45 minutes, and I ended up missing snack/drink time because the "computer" had our stuff all messed up and they are training on a new system (? wondering if it has to do with new MM+ stuff). At first it showed that our room was not ready yet!!!

We wait for snack time and decide to go to pool right after. All of us were wearing our suits under our clothes, except DD3 who was wearing hers under a coverup that basically is a dress made out of towel material (short sleeves, zips up front and goes to her knees), You could see more of DD2 & 1's swimsuit than DD3's but one of the CL lounge staff gave us a hard time for her eating in there (To be honest, I'm not sure she realized that it was basically a dress she was wearing as it is made out of towel material, but still she shouldn't speak unless she is 100% sure-kinda like if you aren't sure if someone is pregnant or just putting on some pounds)

The room we are checking out of today is 5182 it has a daybed and shares a HUGE balcony with 4 or 5 other rooms and would be great if you are traveling with a group.

We loved the pool here and the location close to EP but because of some less than magical experiences I am not sure we'd stay here again....
__________________
Evil for extra credit



Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Simba's Girl is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #3227
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Belle View Post
We're checking in at Beach Club tomorrow from our split stay at Pop. Is there anyone there now who knows if they are using the RFID mugs? They aren't here at Pop, and I was hoping to still be able to use the same mugs over there.
I don't think we start for another week or two. However, they can't be transferred. The chips on them will only work for the length of time that you purchase or if you are on the dining plan, the length of your stay at that one resort. For people who are doing split stays between two resorts, they will have to purchase two different mugs for each resort even though the mugs look identical.
__________________
TeenaS is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #3228
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! We're one of the August YC/BC Disers heading out today. I regret not keeping up with this thread more since you all are such a friendly group! Looking forward to some SAB fun among many other things on my list.
Have a fantastic trip, Brenda!!!
natebenma is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #3229
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Us too, saw it when I logged in. We have AP's that had to be linked so I did that, unfortunately it didn't work. I was able to order magic bands and the other members of my party were able to do fast pass plus except for me and my husband. Had to call tech support, and 2 hours later it still wasn't fixed. They are hoping to have it fixed within 24 hours. What a nightmare.

I hope you have a more positive experience!

I am looking forward to getting the magic bands.
I am reading all these Magic Bands posts with great interest. Our trip isn't until late October/early November. I have an AP, DH does not. We start our trip with a 2 night stay at AKL CL and then move to BC for the last 7 nights. I imagine our combination will eventually work fine, but I am very glad not to have to try to make it all work now!

Good luck everyone!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #3230
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! We're one of the August YC/BC Disers heading out today. I regret not keeping up with this thread more since you all are such a friendly group! Looking forward to some SAB fun among many other things on my list.
Have a great trip!!! Looking forward to your "food" updates on the live thread!!
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #3231
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Hey all...
today is checkout day from YC CL.

Sad to say that we are left less than impressed here. We were given the wrong room at checkin on Wed. night which forced us to have to change rooms for our 2 night split stay (to get the end of one discount and beginning of another). We booked the room category SV. The first room was 5170 two doors down from the lounge. Nice room but did not have a daybed & as a family of 5 we needed someplace for the fifth to sleep. I called to housekeeping for the cot and was told that there would be a $15 dollar per night charge for the cot. I told her that we are 5 and needed some place for the 5th to sleep. She argued with me a bit that there was, indeed a daybed for that 5th person to sleep and that there would be a $15 charge. I told her that I am standing in the room right now and there was only a chair. She put me on hold and came back a minute later and said "we'll bring it right up".

We did not know what room we were checking into (though we could've guessed) yesterday morning so headed off to Epcot and then to AK to do some things. Signed up for texts, and had the CL CM print room keys for me and DH so that we could charge to the room. Our first indication that something was amiss was when we tried to charge snacks to the room and it didn't work. Then when we hopped to AK, DH's Magicband did not work for entry (we'll see what happens at Studios this morning). And I get a text saying to stop by the front desk to sort out room stuff...

We return to YC CL at 3:30 and "check in". That process took approx. 45 minutes, and I ended up missing snack/drink time because the "computer" had our stuff all messed up and they are training on a new system (? wondering if it has to do with new MM+ stuff). At first it showed that our room was not ready yet!!!

We wait for snack time and decide to go to pool right after. All of us were wearing our suits under our clothes, except DD3 who was wearing hers under a coverup that basically is a dress made out of towel material (short sleeves, zips up front and goes to her knees), You could see more of DD2 & 1's swimsuit than DD3's but one of the CL lounge staff gave us a hard time for her eating in there (To be honest, I'm not sure she realized that it was basically a dress she was wearing as it is made out of towel material, but still she shouldn't speak unless she is 100% sure-kinda like if you aren't sure if someone is pregnant or just putting on some pounds)

The room we are checking out of today is 5182 it has a daybed and shares a HUGE balcony with 4 or 5 other rooms and would be great if you are traveling with a group.

We loved the pool here and the location close to EP but because of some less than magical experiences I am not sure we'd stay here again....
So very sorry that your YC experience has been less than magical

I have been reading more and more complaints at ALL the resorts about keys not working at the turnstiles or for the DDP credits. What a hassle!!!

I do hope the rest of your vacation makes up for this.
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #3232
cgulls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 141

YC CL morning hours

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I want to make sure I'm getting the correct info.

The Club Info post shows that the YC CL opens at 7:00 a.m. We tend to be up and out earlier than that. Is there any food (for example, bagels and cream cheese, OJ, etc.) out earlier than that?

Thanks!
cgulls is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #3233
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess
 
scottmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Western PA
Posts: 2,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Hey all...
today is checkout day from YC CL.

Sad to say that we are left less than impressed here. We were given the wrong room at checkin on Wed. night which forced us to have to change rooms for our 2 night split stay (to get the end of one discount and beginning of another). We booked the room category SV. The first room was 5170 two doors down from the lounge. Nice room but did not have a daybed & as a family of 5 we needed someplace for the fifth to sleep. I called to housekeeping for the cot and was told that there would be a $15 dollar per night charge for the cot. I told her that we are 5 and needed some place for the 5th to sleep. She argued with me a bit that there was, indeed a daybed for that 5th person to sleep and that there would be a $15 charge. I told her that I am standing in the room right now and there was only a chair. She put me on hold and came back a minute later and said "we'll bring it right up".

We did not know what room we were checking into (though we could've guessed) yesterday morning so headed off to Epcot and then to AK to do some things. Signed up for texts, and had the CL CM print room keys for me and DH so that we could charge to the room. Our first indication that something was amiss was when we tried to charge snacks to the room and it didn't work. Then when we hopped to AK, DH's Magicband did not work for entry (we'll see what happens at Studios this morning). And I get a text saying to stop by the front desk to sort out room stuff...

We return to YC CL at 3:30 and "check in". That process took approx. 45 minutes, and I ended up missing snack/drink time because the "computer" had our stuff all messed up and they are training on a new system (? wondering if it has to do with new MM+ stuff). At first it showed that our room was not ready yet!!!

We wait for snack time and decide to go to pool right after. All of us were wearing our suits under our clothes, except DD3 who was wearing hers under a coverup that basically is a dress made out of towel material (short sleeves, zips up front and goes to her knees), You could see more of DD2 & 1's swimsuit than DD3's but one of the CL lounge staff gave us a hard time for her eating in there (To be honest, I'm not sure she realized that it was basically a dress she was wearing as it is made out of towel material, but still she shouldn't speak unless she is 100% sure-kinda like if you aren't sure if someone is pregnant or just putting on some pounds)

The room we are checking out of today is 5182 it has a daybed and shares a HUGE balcony with 4 or 5 other rooms and would be great if you are traveling with a group.

We loved the pool here and the location close to EP but because of some less than magical experiences I am not sure we'd stay here again....
YC Is my favorite hotel sorry it wasn't yours! I will say though last June we did a a split stay at OKW and YC and every night at OKW we were back having keys recut, tickets not transferring over to new keys, back at guest services at every park trying to get it fixed. It was nuts. So the new system must be proving difficult with tickets/meals/etc. I felt your pain!!!!!
__________________
ME
DH
DD
DP
scottmel is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #3234
cgulls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
Hello....

I am off to Disney in 21 days, staying at the Yacht Club. When I sign on to the Disney website, a window pops up and says "Get Ready to Experience My Magic" Customize your MagicBands Now...does this mean, I too can try out the wrist band? Should I start customizing or wait for an email? What's a gal to do?

Thank you!
Poly princess
:
Customize now. In fact, my cousin customized her bands, had them delivered to her house, THEN got the email inviting her to customize their bands! Get started!
cgulls is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3235
disney777
DIS Veteran
 
disney777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 561

I didn't get an invite until about 2 weeks after I received my MagicBand in the mail, so go ahead and do it now!
__________________
9/1990 offsite, 10/1999 ASMu, 10/2001 ASMo. 9/2003 ASMo, 9/2004 Pop, 1/2005 Pop/AKL, 9/2005 Pop, 1/2006 Pop/ POFQ, 9/2006 POFQ 10/2006 CSR, 1/2007 Pop,9/2007 WL/BWV, 1/2008 POFQ, 8/2008 POP/CR, 1/2009 POFQ, 9/2009 Saratoga Springs, 1/2010 POFQ, 8/2010 POP/BCV, 1/2011 POR/POFQ, 8/2011 POP/BCV, 1/2012 POFQ, 8/2012 AKL/AKL CL, 1/2013 POFQ, 8/2013 YC, 1/2014 POP/POFQ, 8/2014 Poly
disney777 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #3236
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 8,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney777 View Post
I didn't get an invite until about 2 weeks after I received my MagicBand in the mail, so go ahead and do it now!
I don't think I ever got an invite, I just heard YC was doing the Magic Band test and went on MDE and signed up.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #3237
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 8,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I don't think we start for another week or two. However, they can't be transferred. The chips on them will only work for the length of time that you purchase or if you are on the dining plan, the length of your stay at that one resort. For people who are doing split stays between two resorts, they will have to purchase two different mugs for each resort even though the mugs look identical.
Oh boy, now I'm totally confused easily done mind you! But from all I've read, if you are doing a split stay, you are able to have your RFID mug programmed for entire resort stay, and use it at all resorts. I was so happy that wdw finally addressed split stays and mugs!
Mind, not too happy about price increase!!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #3238
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 8,900

Trip update! Here we are, on our last day in Ft Lauderdale. It has been bitter sweet. Seeing my mom who has Alzheimer's is hard. But we booked a beach hotel, and have been having good times too Deerfield is a beautiful beach. And we've had some great weather.

Right now we are at the pool, doing laundry. No sunken treasures here
Then we will. Get packing done tonight. Will visit mom one last time for this trip, and go to beach if time allows.

Tomorrow we hit the Turnpike for wdw, 6:00 am first stop, pop check in, then TL morning. We'll have our TL bag packed with suits, etc. and leave luggage with bell service, unless our room is ready. Afternoon Publix grocery shop, while we still have car rental. Then drop off groceries to YC to hold for our arrival.

Next day check into GF for 2 nights, then YC for 12 and I get to have dinner with Teena before she leaves
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #3239
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I want to make sure I'm getting the correct info.

The Club Info post shows that the YC CL opens at 7:00 a.m. We tend to be up and out earlier than that. Is there any food (for example, bagels and cream cheese, OJ, etc.) out earlier than that?

Thanks!
Coffee is available 6am but I don't believe any food is set out until 7am.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me : DH DD 14 DS 12 DD 10

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend and now planning 6/14 POP/GF/BC CL split stay



catho72 is online now  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #3240
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran
 
Tinker_Belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Oh boy, now I'm totally confused easily done mind you! But from all I've read, if you are doing a split stay, you are able to have your RFID mug programmed for entire resort stay, and use it at all resorts. I was so happy that wdw finally addressed split stays and mugs!
Mind, not too happy about price increase!!
I'm confused too! I am sure I read that they can be adjusted when you check in at the second resort. I guess it's a really good thing they haven't switched over yet! I'm using the same mugs I just bought when I move on to the second part of my single Disney vacation, but I guess I'll need to verify this before considering booking another split stay!
__________________
Lisa
Aug. 1988- OP - Aug. 1989 - OP - Aug. 2007 - CBR - Oct. 2008 & MNSSHP - POP - Aug. 2009 - CSR - Aug. 2011 - AKL - Aug. 2013 - POP & BCR
Tinker_Belle is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.