Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #3196
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Thanks to help from our awesome Nanette I was able to book our FP+ reservations and got awesome times!!! However I can't seem to get them into our Touring Plans... That sucks royally since I worked so hard on them. Oh well, I'll make use of the 6 hr layover tomorrow I guess!!!! I got a noon FP for TSMM. Since we didn't get to ride that at all last trip for various reasons that I can't recall right now (LOL) that is awesome.

Heart attack tonight - I called our airline to confirm checkin times because our first leg is domestic. They told me that DD (who is flying out of an airport in my sister's hometown out west) has to go to US departures, and for my sister to go through security to accompany her she would need her passport. First that will blow the surprise (we are going to tell both kids together in the airport in Toronto when we all reunite) and second my sister's passport is expired!!!! Plus they have to be at the airport 2 hours pre-flight. I called back to see if maybe they could UN-link her reservation and got an unfriendly person but who told me that the first person was WRONG and my sister only needed a drivers license and they can go to domestic departures. But it took me almost 2 hours to get to the bottom of it. I had to work late to get ready as well. So bottom line is that I haven't packed a THING for myself or DS, I got home at 10 pm and tomorrow morning will be interesting!!!!! Oh well, I figure all I really need is my passport, my phone and my Visa. I'm not going to the moon, right? Things CAN be purchased in airports and Disney World!!!! LOL. Big problem with surprise trips and suspicious pokey boys... You can't pack in advance!!!

Bringing my laptop this trip so hopefully I'll do some live posts so you guys can enjoy them like I've enjoyed yours!

And Hubdave, SO happy that your got DDs bunny back!!! That's amazing service!!!!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #3197
Feckless
DIS Veteran

I seriously cannot believe I will be there tomorrow. I might cry. Really. I'm just overwhelmed.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #3198
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I seriously cannot believe I will be there tomorrow. I might cry. Really. I'm just overwhelmed.
Me too! Can't wait! YC here we come!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #3199
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
Just logged into DME and I can make FP+ selections!!!! We are 31 days out and booked at BC......now to get cracking
Us too, saw it when I logged in. We have AP's that had to be linked so I did that, unfortunately it didn't work. I was able to order magic bands and the other members of my party were able to do fast pass plus except for me and my husband. Had to call tech support, and 2 hours later it still wasn't fixed. They are hoping to have it fixed within 24 hours. What a nightmare.

I hope you have a more positive experience!

I am looking forward to getting the magic bands.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #3200
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to help from our awesome Nanette I was able to book our FP+ reservations and got awesome times!!! However I can't seem to get them into our Touring Plans... That sucks royally since I worked so hard on them. Oh well, I'll make use of the 6 hr layover tomorrow I guess!!!! I got a noon FP for TSMM. Since we didn't get to ride that at all last trip for various reasons that I can't recall right now (LOL) that is awesome.

Heart attack tonight - I called our airline to confirm checkin times because our first leg is domestic. They told me that DD (who is flying out of an airport in my sister's hometown out west) has to go to US departures, and for my sister to go through security to accompany her she would need her passport. First that will blow the surprise (we are going to tell both kids together in the airport in Toronto when we all reunite) and second my sister's passport is expired!!!! Plus they have to be at the airport 2 hours pre-flight. I called back to see if maybe they could UN-link her reservation and got an unfriendly person but who told me that the first person was WRONG and my sister only needed a drivers license and they can go to domestic departures. But it took me almost 2 hours to get to the bottom of it. I had to work late to get ready as well. So bottom line is that I haven't packed a THING for myself or DS, I got home at 10 pm and tomorrow morning will be interesting!!!!! Oh well, I figure all I really need is my passport, my phone and my Visa. I'm not going to the moon, right? Things CAN be purchased in airports and Disney World!!!! LOL. Big problem with surprise trips and suspicious pokey boys... You can't pack in advance!!!

Bringing my laptop this trip so hopefully I'll do some live posts so you guys can enjoy them like I've enjoyed yours!

And Hubdave, SO happy that your got DDs bunny back!!! That's amazing service!!!!
I can't believe you have still managed to keep it a secret from your kids. You are unbelievably strong.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. The Toronto airport doesn't have as much shopping as MCO, but hopefully you will find a way to pass the time.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 08-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #3201
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a fantastic trip, my friend! Good job on keeping the surprise so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
Me too! Can't wait! YC here we come!
Have fun!

:
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #3202
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom

I can't believe you have still managed to keep it a secret from your kids. You are unbelievably strong.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. The Toronto airport doesn't have as much shopping as MCO, but hopefully you will find a way to pass the time.
Or I'm an awesome liar!!! LOL

The DH of the other family is apparently getting his passport back (and visa for his subsequent trip to China!) by 5 pm tomorrow so YAHOOO!!!! All coming together now.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #3203
poly princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Start having fun now.
Thank you Teena, you have made my day!
Are you the same famous Teena who works at the Beach Club?
I can not wait to meet you in 21 days!

Poly
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #3204
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post

Thank you Teena, you have made my day!
Are you the same famous Teena who works at the Beach Club?
I can not wait to meet you in 21 days!

Poly
Hardly famous. Just a retired old woman who hangs out as the lobby greeter at the Beach Club two days a week.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #3205
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Awesome! Safe travels.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #3206
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:

Hardly famous. Just a retired old woman who hangs out as the lobby greeter at the Beach Club two days a week.
If not famous, much loved and well thought of
Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #3207
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Holy Cow ... It sure is quiet here. I miss my two blond girls already!!! Jeanne called at 1 AM to say they finally landed and Lily was off to see her father. Apparently on the plane Jeanne asked Lily if she was excited to see Dada and she said "No Dada, I want Pop-Pop and Mickey". Made Bob feel like a big deal to be up there with Mickey. She also calls Pop-Pop the "Kissing Monster".

Looking forward to meeting up with all the guests that are there now and coming in soon on Sunday and Monday before I head off to Vegas to help set up Jeanne's classroom on Tuesday.
Hope to see you Sunday!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #3208
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh my!!! Whew. So glad you got that all worked out. I think the fact you have made it this far with it being a surprise is incredible! :-)
Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #3209
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow! Just checking in and there are so many pages I missed. Not sure how everyone finds the time to check in on vacation? We have been leaving the room sometimes as early as 7 a.m. and stayed for Illuminations the last two evenings. By the time I get everyone ready for and in bed, I am exhausted.

We are having a fabulous trip this time! Loved Animal Kingdom Lodge, but the while family agreed, when we walk into the Beach Club, it just feels like home. We tried quite a few new things this time, like Sanaa and I got my DD to finally go on Expedition Everest, which she loved. I have used quite a few tips found on this board, including the drawstring backpack Dee suggested with the zip locks for ponchos and later wet items. It poured on us the other day, but stopped raining later in the day. It was great to toss wet items in the ziplock. Thanks for the tip Dee!

Tomorrow, we might take the girls to the first Fantasmic show. Hoping to make it to SAB tomorrow or Saturday, and then see Teena on Sunday. I'll try to check in again. Hope everyone here now is having as much fun as us!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #3210
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no.... You are famous! I can't wait to meet you in October!!! :-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: