Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #3166
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
We usually do B& C on arrival day for lunch, but this past July we decided on Boardwalk Bakery for Lobster rolls. They were sooooo good!!! We sat in the shade just outside the Bakery and enjoyed a sweet treat with them.
DH loves lobster rolls. I better not tell him about those until I know we are heading there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Once the kids get a peek at that pool it's going to be hard to tell them "no, we have to go elsewhere". I'd pack the swim suits in a carry on and I'd go to Storm Along Bay. If your room is not ready I would change into the suits at the fitness club. You can store your clothes in a locker and if you have carry-ons bell services will be happy to store them for you and let you access them as needed.

After some time at the pool your room will be ready. You and Dad can get settled in the room while the kids explore the hotel. Then I'd go to dinner somewhere in this Epcot/Boardwalk/resort area. Dinner can be a counter service if you don't want to do the big sit down, time consuming dinner, or a table service if you need to decompress. Definitely get an ADR if you are thinking table service. Then Illuminations and off to bed.

You and the kids are going to be tired from traveling and all the excitement is going to take it's toll. There is a lot to be said for leaving your arrival day as a resort day. It gives you a chance to get settled, get the lay of the resort and get relaxed for a busy WDW vacation. If you start out running at top speed right from the get go it's just going to run you down. By utilizing this plan you will have accomplished a lot on your first day without running yourselves ragged. Resist the urge to start running around like maniacs and hopefully it will get your vacation off to a great start.

Good luck!

~NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
This is my plan...check in and get lunch somewhere with no wait and then head to the pool for a bit. If the room is ready I will get that situated while DH takes the boys down to the pool and then join them. Then we are heading to Epcot for dinner (booked dinner in Mexico, but might scrap it depending on how we feel) and wandering around. Made a few FP+ just incase too. Want to catch Illuminations and then go to bed. Past trips we've had lunch and headed straight to MK then back to the hotel to swim and it went really well. But we got in a bit earlier and we were staying at WL and CR so it was super convenient. I was just saying to DH it will be strange not going to MK first thing, we won't even see MK till the next evening!!! But we both agreed it was fine, we're going with our usual convenience and leisurely pace plan. So pool and Epcot it is.
Such good pointers! I love this board! I do think we will have a QS lunch somewhere around the BC and then pool it for awhile. Head over to Epcot for QS dinner and illuminations. My family is not huge into sit down dinners so I think QS might be a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball View Post
I can't take it anymore. I want to go to sleep so I can get on my 6:30am plane and check into the YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Sunshine Seasons has a nice food court with a good selection of food for a QS dinner. We have also done the Mexican counter service place. It is a nice place to eat and look out over the lake. Some people like the food at Morocco. There is the American Pavilion with standard burger and fries type food. And some people love the fish and chips at the booth outside Rose and Crown. And then there are the fantastic looking sandwiches, soups and desserts at France's bakery. There are a lot of choices in Epcot. I'm sure I am missing lots of them. We almost always eat our lunch at Epcot on arrival day, since it seems like our room is seldom ready when we arrive, usually around 1:30pm.
Sooo many great choices!!Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
Just got here at the Beach Club! Our room is wonderful. We got some nice pixie dust and got upgraded to club level and we r in room 3691. Great start.
Nice!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #3167
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Ok
I've got a ? for you all. I've not received an email to participate in My Magic+ next month but today i logged in and it popped up for me to customize my MagicBands and make my Fastpass+ reservations and will let me do both. Does that mean i guess we're testers when we arrive at BC on Sept 7?

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #3168
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
Just got here at the Beach Club! Our room is wonderful. We got some nice pixie dust and got upgraded to club level and we r in room 3691. Great start.
That's our room from last week!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #3169
jbharr1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
Ok
I've got a ? for you all. I've not received an email to participate in My Magic+ next month but today i logged in and it popped up for me to customize my MagicBands and make my Fastpass+ reservations and will let me do both. Does that mean i guess we're testers when we arrive at BC on Sept 7?
you could be. For my trip in August, I was able to customize MagicBand and make FP+ selections without the official email which arrived about 17 days before our vacation. The MagicBands were delivered and sitting on my dining room table when I received the email inviting me to participate.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #3170
Cupmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok
Yes....expect an email 17 days before your trip inviting you to take part in the test. You dont have to wait for the letter to get started. Order your bands now and get your FP+ times now.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #3171
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any news on the refrigerator situation? We'll be at the yacht club September 21st for two weeks. Don't NEED a fridge but would appreciate one.
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #3172
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbharr1 View Post
you could be. For my trip in August, I was able to customize MagicBand and make FP+ selections without the official email which arrived about 17 days before our vacation. The MagicBands were delivered and sitting on my dining room table when I received the email inviting me to participate.
Exactly, same experience here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
Yes....expect an email 17 days before your trip inviting you to take part in the test. You dont have to wait for the letter to get started. Order your bands now and get your FP+ times now.
Quote:
Ok
If you can do it, go ahead and do it, you'll get the letter later on, but you'll already be all set. FUN! But it did make me re-work a bunch of things!!! It's never ending, but then when we get there, we'll just go with the flow and change things up some more.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #3173
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
Well i stand corrected, I can book Fastpass+ times but not customize bands even though it tells me i can when i click it nothing is there for the bands. So now i'm royally confused.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #3174
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestevied View Post
Anyone have any news on the refrigerator situation? We'll be at the yacht club September 21st for two weeks. Don't NEED a fridge but would appreciate one.
I am pretty sure I saw it somewhere in the last 20 or so pages of this super fast moving thread a few days ago that all the fridges at BC and YC have been replaced. So no worries with that anymore.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #3175
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

I am pretty sure I saw it somewhere in the last 20 or so pages of this super fast moving thread a few days ago that all the fridges at BC and YC have been replaced. So no worries with that anymore.
Excellent. Thanks!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #3176
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Banana Bunny has been located by lost and found and is flying up to our house!
Melinda at lost and found is awesome

I think Banana just wanted to hang out at SAB with Buzzy and Johnny Depp

(Banana is my DDs favorite stuffed animal - we left him there Saturday)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #3177
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post

That's brill news.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #3178
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Let me rephrase whats happening, today when i logged into Disney i got a popup that said customize your magicbands and book your fastpass+ selections. When I clicked the customize my magicband all that is there is the KTTW so i can't do anything (was really hoping for magic bands to reveal the surprise to the kids) but when i click the book fast pass+ it lets me. It should let me do both or neither, right?

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #3179
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post

That is awesome!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #3180
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

That's our room from last week!
Wow!! Its a great room. And I am walking in the footsteps of princess royalty. Hope to see you on Sunday.
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: