Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #2761
wlake
DIS Veteran

We're home now, and I must admit I'm glad to be back in my own house. I'm going to be changing my tune when dinner time rolls around and I have to think of something and then cook it! By tomorrow morning when I realize I have to start the housework again, I'll be completely ready to be back at YC.

I was back on pg. 174 and have skimmed through so please forgive me if I missed something or am repeating something:

- there were 10 hangers (some with clips) in our room plus 2 with the robes.
- only the regular pink, blue, and black mugs were available but I saw people in the parks with orange, green, and purple ones. I wanted to ask them if we could trade, just like pins!
- the soda machines seemed to be set up for RDIF with two little video screens.
- we were in room 5218 (YC) and did not have a daybed.

As to the bad reviews, here is my critical no-holds-barred review of YC CL:
- the shower curtains in the room don't stretch far enough across and one of the rings was broken.
- they need more rolls and chocolate chip cookies. (Then again, some people need to tell their children not to take 6 rolls that they then do not eat because their brother touches them.)
- our room didn't get turned down the first night.
- and my one halfway serious thing, the person who took us up to CL when we checked in was one of the least friendly CMs we've ever encountered. It wasn't a big deal, but if it had been our first YC CL stay, it wouldn't have been a good first impression at all. As it was, it did stick with me.

We often stay at higher end Marriotts (not trying to be snobby here, just trying to make a point) when we travel, and YC blows them away for friendliness, cleanliness, and service. I'm sure BC is much the same.

Now off to read that thread for some entertainment while I avoid laundry!

Last edited by wlake; 08-10-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #2762
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneenm View Post
We were less than thrilled with the behavior of many of the other guests both in the lounge and at the pool. Let's just say the 'it is all about me' mentality abounds.
This was pretty much our experience as well. It seems like every year that goes by, because of the general "rudeness" of most (not all) guests in the lounges, we have pretty much decided its not worth it to do Club level any longer.
Our last trip we stayed at GF and BC CL, and they were both pretty bad in reguards to the 'it is all about me' mentality.
We have had enough of it after our last trip sadly.

JMHO,

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BWI, BWV, FW, GF,
HHI, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #2763
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Hello. Just want to check my countdown
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #2764
wifey
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness I just realised we are down to single digits in our countdown now, that caught me out. Heck I must get organised soon, still have to clean the house up before we leave and talk to my DBIL about transporting our two cats to the cattery next weekend. Not sure what little podgy Marge will think about being there but it will do her the world of good. Bill will hopefully just go with the flow. Gonna take a train to the airport and check into a hotel overnight before our flights, so no cooking that day for me. We are looking forward to this vacation, even the stop over on Atlanta will be an adventure since we have never been there before. Might see some of you at the YC you never know!

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 08-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #2765
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
We're home now, and I must admit I'm glad to be back in my own house. I'm going to be changing my tune when dinner time rolls around and I have to think of something and then cook it! By tomorrow morning when I realize I have to start the housework again, I'll be completely ready to be back at YC.

I was back on pg. 174 and have skimmed through so please forgive me if I missed something or am repeating something:

- there were 10 hangers (some with clips) in our room plus 2 with the robes.
- only the regular pink, blue, and black mugs were available but I saw people in the parks with orange, green, and purple ones. I wanted to ask them if we could trade, just like pins!
- the soda machines seemed to be set up for RDIF with two little video screens.
- we were in room 5218 (YC) and did not have a daybed.

As to the bad reviews, here is my critical no-holds-barred review of YC CL:
- the shower curtains in the room don't stretch far enough across and one of the rings was broken.
- they need more rolls and chocolate chip cookies. (Then again, some people need to tell their children not to take 6 rolls that they then do not eat because their brother touches them.)
- our room didn't get turned down the first night.
- and my one halfway serious thing, the person who took us up to CL when we checked in was one of the least friendly CMs we've ever enountered. It wasn't a big deal, but if it had been our first YC CL stay, it wouldn't have been a good first impression at all. As it was, it did stick with me.

We often stay at higher end Marriotts (not trying to be snobby here, just trying to make a point) when we travel, and YC blows them away for friendliness, cleanliness, and service. I'm sure BC is much the same.

Now off to read that thread for some entertainment while I avoid laundry!
Glad you had a nice trip!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #2766
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
This was pretty much our experience as well. It seems like every year that goes by, because of the general "rudeness" of most (not all) guests in the lounges, we have pretty much decided its not worth it to do Club level any longer.
Our last trip we stayed at GF and BC CL, and they were both pretty bad in reguards to the 'it is all about me' mentality.
We have had enough of it after our last trip sadly.

JMHO,

Syndrome
Not just CL, though...when we were grabbing a quick breakfast at Ale and Compass there were a couple of people (who I don't think new each other, they just happened to meet there) about how Disney and it's employees don't care a thing about the guests, it was all just about making money, and how when a family member of one of them had an expensive watch go missing, they couldn't believe that they were just told to "call the police". Seriously? Was Disney supposed to put the hotel on lockdown and strip search everyone who might have had access to it? Wasn't just the hotel. We heard lots of people complaining loudly about anything and everything in the parks, including lots of "bombs" dropped. Would have bothered me more if my kids had been younger...as it was, it was a good opportunity for talking about happiness being about attitude, and being thankful just for the opportunity to be somewhere we loved with the people we loved...
Old 08-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #2767
gokdog
Mouseketeer

Beach Club Rookie

Just wanted to read and maybe post some questions in the resort thread.

We were able to get Beach Club booked during the November free dining period, originally were thinking of POFQ or POR, after staying at FQ in Dec 2011, but with such limited availability for the moderates on this, we decided to go for it.

Couple of questions for those who may have stayed at BC during the fall/holiday free dining periods in years past, did anyone get bounce back offers? and if so what period did it cover?

We are looking to make our WDW visits an annual passage with a summer disneyland trip in the middle and wanted to see what our flexibility would be on such an offer, or if we would just be better off doing a Nov/Dec reservation and switching if any better offers came out.

Cheers and counting the Days!!
Walt Disney World
WDW POFQ Dec 2011, Beach Club 2013
Old 08-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #2768
mom of 3 blondes
Mouseketeer

Hello. So, the fridges are done at the yacht club? Just want to make sure before I place my grocery order... Thanks. See you all in 9 days...
Old 08-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #2769
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 blondes View Post
Hello. So, the fridges are done at the yacht club? Just want to make sure before I place my grocery order... Thanks. See you all in 9 days...
No...ours wasn't. Can't speak for the others...
Old 08-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #2770
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneenm View Post
Our last day here at YC. Checked out and sitting by the pool. Thanks to all who have suggested the locker rooms for changing! With a 7:15 flight, this has been great!

Had a Sunken Treasure today. It was mighty yummy!

We have enjoyed our stay very much. Mousekeeping was terrific, and the CL staff very nice. We were less than thrilled with the behavior of many of the other guests both in the lounge and at the pool. Let's just say the 'it is all about me' mentality abounds. Today we sat next to a table that someone raced in to claim at 10:00 and, 4 hours later, they have not been back. There must be a better way.

It has been 6 years since our last WDW trip and will probably be that long again. Until then, thanks for the memories YC!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
OMG!! That was one of my biggest complaints this trip, the all about me mentality! I wrote a mini CL report, don't know how to post links, detailing that same thing. From people in the lounge to people at the pool. It was all over this trip.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #2771
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 blondes View Post
I can confirm again tomorrow when I work but last Sunday they told me all refrigerators on both sides were swapped out.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #2772
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
No...ours wasn't. Can't speak for the others...
They wait until checkout day. So they came in while you were already in-housed and the day you check out, they come in and swap it out. Again, this was what I was told last Sunday.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #2773
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Breakfast again....

I know I've asked before but I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the no-food-court aspect of this, lol. So it looks like these are our options for QS breakfasts:

- Ale & Compass - continental breakfast only

- BC Marketplace - scrambled eggs/egg sandwich

Then if we want to do a TS breakfast we have Cape May or Captain's Grille.

Does that correctly sum up all our options?
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 08-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #2774
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

How long is the walk from YC to the marketplace if you have a room close to the lobby at the YC? I have a trip coming up and I am staying under a discount. We have a garden view room at YC now and for the same price can have a stnd room at the Beach Club. Now I would prefer a king bed room and a full balcony. With that info- would you switch resorts?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #2775
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
How long is the walk from YC to the marketplace if you have a room close to the lobby at the YC? I have a trip coming up and I am staying under a discount. We have a garden view room at YC now and for the same price can have a stnd room at the Beach Club. Now I would prefer a king bed room and a full balcony. With that info- would you switch resorts?
It was about a 5 minute walk from YC lobby to BC Marketplace. The ony wierd thing is having to go outside and then back in, but no biggie.

If you want a full balcony, you are better off sticking with YC.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: