Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #256
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room
Prayers for you and your family.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #257
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
SueM : yeah we were at the airport a d they were asking for people willing to get bumped . We asked about compensation which was a new flight for wed. and the equivalent of a future flight and $300 so we decided since we did not have t be back to do it. We called reservation, booked YC with AP discount and hoped on ME with no wait it was awesome.
An extended stay - that's pixie dust!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #258
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

If anyone wants to know anything let me know I'll be glad to help if I can.

Movie time!

~N
So sorry for your friends' loss. Kudos to you for turning it into a fabulous solo trip!

Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #259
catho72
DIS Veteran

Nannette, thanks for answering my questions! Glad to hear there's not much concern for TS Chantal. I forgot you said you were at BCV. Enjoy your fridge!

Have fun at your tour tomorrow! If you're interested (and still at WDW), I'm doing the Undiscovered FutureWorld tour next Thursday morning by myself while the kids are at their Y.E.S. class with DH. Would you care to join me? This offer is also open to anyone reading this! I might even be able to get you the tour at half off.....and it looks like a fun tour. Feel free to join me!

I have an admission to make.....I'm a Disney Store CM. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting Magic Bands for our trip! I'll keep you guys posted if we get them or not when we check-in on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #260
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wow - so excited for you, laura!!!! Please promise to report on your progress and your race either here or on another board (and provide link!) I see it's at 87% full now, and still no green light from my husband to register. He has no problem with my trip planning - just a bit Disney resistant at this point - please wish me luck! Any advice, Ninja?
This is a toughie! Can you talk him into thinking that a solo or girls only trip would be good for you? That way you can get him thinking that the expense would just be for 1 person.

To explain your absence you can just tell the kids you are running away from home because they won't pick up their clothes or they are leaving dishes around the house. After a couple of days with you being gone, the little wheels inside their heads will start to turn and they might actually believe that unless they stop making a mess you won't be coming back.

On the day that you return, you will call them and tell them that if they learn to do laundry and keep their rooms clean you'll come home. By this point they will be desperate and totally sick of frozen Pizza or kibble from Pet Smart or what ever it is that your husband has been feeding them and they'll be desperate for your return.

Now if your husband is one of those guys who works all the time and is allergic to child care you can drop the kids off for the week at your local Fire Station. They have laws on the books that state that all unwanted children can be turned in at the fire station with out penalty. Usually this applies to babies but they never did put an age limit on that law and when things get a little hairy with the boys here at home I have been known to throw them (AND my Husband!) in the car and do a drive by of the fire station and mention that all they would get to eat would be beans and chilli for the rest of their lives because that's all they serve at the fire station. This is usually enough to stop the bickering until one of them Googles "abandoned children and fire stations" and the jig is up on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
You know Ninja Mom has been very quiet today.... I can only imagine what she's gonna come up with when she reads about the fridge epidemic !!!!
OH NOES!!! I'm gone for 18 hours and the interwebs blows up with this fridge debacle! At first I thought they were replacing the fridges with those new beverage coolers like they put in the Values. These beverage coolers don't have "freezer" compartments (Har, Har like that area ever got cold enough in the old fridges!) The fridges from the days of yore had those freezers and thus they were much less energy efficient.

Now I'm getting the sense that the fridges are failing because they are cooped up in those cabinets and they don't have the proper clearances etc for proper thermal exchange. I know when we were in POFQ last Feb 2 out of three rooms had new fridges/beverage coolers that were not getting cold.

So this brings me to the critical question:

WHAT WOULD NINJA MOM DO (WWNMD)

I'm going to have to get creative with this one folks (Shocker!!!)
First I'd take all those ponchos we are buying and fill them with ice. Then I'd drag them to the room and toss 'em in the tub. Think of it this way.... you now have a GIANT fridge but you are out one shower. BUT you can shower in the locker room at the Fitness center! (Yeah, like that will be attractive! I can just see the thundering herds with bed head and morning breath forming the conga line on their way to the fitness center in the morning to shower).

I'd bet that they might be handing out those dollar store styrofoam coolers for people who need a place to keep their stuff cool and advising them to use the ice machines. That's just my guess though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
She is at the local Sears or Best Buy, cornering the market on mini fridges
You are darn tooten* on that one! I'm also going to buy up all the ponchos and then leave my "No Fridge" tips on the budget board to start a run on the market!
(*Tooten = Fire house chilli reference!)

Dave, when you posted on that fridge thread about how them removing the fridges was part of limited time magic and that next week they were removing the air conditioners I laughed so hard and for so long I couldn't catch my breath!

Quote:
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

I hope Pipi is doing better. You and the family are in my thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
My kindergarten team has taken up cookies. You can have those at lunch. We're going from half day to full day next year, so I'm thinking we might need to add candy to our cookies, at least for the first few weeks. I should probably start baking now....
Yes but what will the children eat????
Or are you using the cookies as bribes, oops I mean "behavioral modification tools"? I have always found that you can bribe teachers with chocolate, especially around report card time! During those Parent conference meetings when things start to go south you just whip out a batch of chocolate chip cookies or one of those giant Hershey bars and all is forgiven! Those teachers have a hard time remembering things when their eyes are rolling back in their heads and they start to drool over that chocolate. That's the best time to rip up those police reports and make those changes in the grade books.....

~NM
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #261
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am so very sorry to hear about your Pipi. Sending good thoughts your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.
Thoughts to your dear friend and her family.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #262
natebenma
DIS Veteran

pages 5-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Hey Dee- know you are busy. But we have officially changed our September trip and arrive a day earlier. Very excited. So we are are still YC but now September 17 - 22. Thanks! Hope you have a great week and wonderful trip.

Rebecca
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Oh my GOODNESS have you guys been busy!! I've missed a few days of lurking/posting and I've got pages and pages to read! :D. I do have news, though...

Drum roll.....

I'm registered for the Princess Half Marathon!!!!

I'm excited, scared, freaking out, but mostly very happy. Lots of training to do to get ready, but I've got lots of lead time (8 months). I'm also going on my own - very tough decision. DH and I agreed that having the kids there would make it tough to get the rest I'll need pre and post race, so a solo trip it is. Never thought I'd do Disney without the family! There is a chance that one of my best friends may join me. And if she is, I may consider getting a room at BC. I just can't justify it on my own, especially when we'll have just been there in October, but if it's split two ways...? That might work. It honestly would be so nice to be able to walk back for a restful afternoon at BC after the race is done. If my legs will be able to carry me there by then. :D

K... off to bed if I can quash the excitement enough to fall asleep...
Congrats! Let us know if you and your friend do ending up booking the BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
coming over from previous thread. Ready for our first stay at YC September 12-18th. Thank you this is truly a VERY informative thread!
I have you on the list for Sept, but now I will add your actual dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Peter Pan is cutting it close with being closed for my whole trip. Hopefully it runs on schedule or is completed early. One of my favorites!
One of the favorite rides for my husband and me, too. The boys, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
WE ARE BOOKED!!! YAHOO!!!
Officially staying Beach Club Garden View January 9th through 12th! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Putting your BOG entry in PERMANENT TYPE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Hello all! I am new to this thread as I have just booked a last minute, adults only trip for me and my DH!!

I have always thought about staying here but with the kids and my mom, it is easier to stay at CR. DH isn't really a Disney fan...GASP! I know! But I thought with just the two of us doing more adult things, this resort is the perfect choice! This thread and the pic thread really helped clinch the deal!

We will be checking in August 15th!!! SO excited!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
Thanks all for the room advice! I guess my only other question is then, is there a a CL Garden view room w/

a "best" view that I should try for? Thanks!
There are only a handful of YC CL GV rooms. Most have a view of the wedding gazebo (lovely) and possibly a sideways glance of water. The other room(s) overlook the YC back entrance courtyard (lakeside)

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms in this booking category.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #263
natebenma
DIS Veteran

pages 11-18

Quote:
Figured it out, but not how to delete a post....
You should have left the picture up! It was great.

I think only moderators can delete a post.

Quote:
The whole fridge thing has me wondering if CL might be worth it. There are CL rooms available for our dates -- do you think I could upgrade and still use whatever discount it was that I had when I booked? DH isn't home from work yet to put in his two cents, but it is our anniversary today....
Happy Anniversary!

Quote:

I will get you on that Be Our Guest list now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbabe_disneynut View Post
Full moon in springtime at a junior high is the ultimate bad. :grin: Add raging hormones to the usual full moon craziness and it makes for some days where even the non-drinkers are longingly eyeing a bottle.

Yup, another teacher lurking here, anxiously awaiting my BC trip - 10/10 to 10/14 - and really enjoying this thread and its predecessor. While everyone here seems really nice, I especially have to send a shoutout to NinjaMom! You are completely hysterical in the most awesome way. I totally admire your child-management techniques, and wish more of my students' parents were like you...it'd make my job a lot more fun some days. :grin:

Thanks for all the info (and laughs) everyone!
Bookbabe

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
You definitely need the BC and Sunken Treasures ASAP!!!!

Here's a Shout Out to all teachers on thus thread. I think you guys are awesome!!!
Triple Dog Ditto on this!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-11-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #264
natebenma
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS LILY!!!

If you want to send birthday greetings to Teena's granddaughter, please post them on the Lily Goes Live thread instead of this thread. Thanks!

Here's the link.

Lily Goes Live!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #265
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So sorry... sending prayers

Nannette-- Sorry for your friends loss.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #266
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Teena Glad to hear Bob is doing well! Continued recovery!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #267
natebenma
DIS Veteran

LAST CALL on Be Our Guest List

I'm handing it over to MickeyT, so I want to give him a nice, clean, correct file!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Please check this out and make sure your info is correct. Let us know if you need any changes.

Mike- Feel Free to either keep a separate list or to bold any new entries. Thanks so much!!!

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work I go. Check in with you all this afternoon.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #268
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Nannette, thanks for answering my questions! Glad to hear there's not much concern for TS Chantal. I forgot you said you were at BCV. Enjoy your fridge!

Have fun at your tour tomorrow! If you're interested (and still at WDW), I'm doing the Undiscovered FutureWorld tour next Thursday morning by myself while the kids are at their Y.E.S. class with DH. Would you care to join me? This offer is also open to anyone reading this! I might even be able to get you the tour at half off.....and it looks like a fun tour. Feel free to join me!

I have an admission to make.....I'm a Disney Store CM. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting Magic Bands for our trip! I'll keep you guys posted if we get them or not when we check-in on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Wow that's great!!! I hope you get picked for one
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #269
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Doing the single digit dance!!!!!! 9 days until I can smile for a whole week! I will say it is most definitely needed. If anyone is around July 24-27, feel free to stop by and say hi! I'll be the one in the blue Nike swim trunks sitting alongside SAB with a margarita in one hand and my nephew in the other!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #270
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Nannette:I am so very sorry for your friends loss.

Teena:Love the pics!! Looks like she is having a ball!!

Dee: It's getting close now!!!

NM: I keep having these pics in my head of someone hauling ice in the poncho's down the hallway, and other guests wondering if there is a body in the bag!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: