Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #241
catho72
DIS Veteran

Lalabubbles, I'm so sorry to hear about your family member. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Nanette, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. You sound like you are having a fun solo trip! Enjoy the movie and your time on the beach. Two quick questions for you....are they saying anything on the news about TS Chantal hitting central FL? Does your room have a fridge? Thanks!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #242
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

Thoughts and prayers to those of you experiencing the illness or loss of friends and family members.

I must confess...I am a Middle School Principal. Yup, the craziest of all. Full moons and low pressure systems make my job interesting. And, you know what? I love every minute of it! Middle schoolers are so full of life and energy...they keep me young at heart!

And, for those of you wondering, I plan on enjoying both a Sunken Treasure and a Gray Goose slushie while I am at the YC next week!

Trip #31...June 2014 (Another High School Marching Band trip)

Trip #32... July 2014 (YC stay with just DH for belated 29th Anniversary)

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #243
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
This is going to be our first time at BC ever and it's during the "agency deal" and I am really worried it will be almost unenjoyable if it is sold out.
Anyone been when it was sold out before and was is beyond crowded?

Also, We like our chairs for the pool, so I am thinking we are going to be annoyed! DH especially. He might resent me for not going back to POP where the chairs are plentiful.
The resort is sold out off and on all year. Almost once a week we are sold out. I really don't think you will notice a difference at the pool and if it is only towels sitting on chairs, I say move them. Most people actually at the pool have clothes too or shoes there. Towels to me mean they are gone and just were too lazy to put them in the towel bins. SAB is so large that you might not find a chair at the exact location you want, but somewhere there are empty ones. No matter when I walk by, I always can see some empty ones.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #244
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
OK - good! Just don't want for you to miss a single bit! I think the island may be one of my favorite places in the world. We're staying 1 week island, 2 nights grand californian at disneyland and then one week upstairs from where you are right now (with my parents - yay!!) Can't wait to see photos of Lily at the beach!!!
I'm sure Dee will post some when she has a chance.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #245
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Just uploaded some. Working on that now

Here are a few pictures from Teena at Newport Beach. I have added two posts with lots more pictures on the Lily Goes Live thread. Click on the link in my signature- Go To Page 13.

Look Who I Found!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #246
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

~N
So sorry to hear about your friends dad

Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #247
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I hope you're able to enjoy your time at WDW. I spent NYE at Disney three days after we buried my father. A lot of people thought I was crazy but I found it comforting and it's still one of the best memories we have as a family.

Thank you for posting while you are there.
thank you YCFan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
So sorry to hear about your friend's dad!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Sounds like bittersweet fun. You enjoy. You just took me a chair on the beach...
It is Mike, but her and I are in touch lots during the day! I didn't last long on the beach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Sorry we were unable to meet up. Enjoy SAB
I looked for you, but I don't think I saw you!! Next time... I think we are coming at the same time Oct/Nov??

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Nanette, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. You sound like you are having a fun solo trip! Enjoy the movie and your time on the beach. Two quick questions for you....are they saying anything on the news about TS Chantal hitting central FL? Does your room have a fridge? Thanks!
Thank you. Ok question one... nope nothing about TS Chantal yet.. though when I left NYC this morning there were flights delayed because of the TS, but those flights were headed to DR. The news just said more rain is coming, but we'll see if that happens or not. Today it was supposed to rain and it didn't! question twoI'm staying DVC so my room does have a fridge... I haven't heard anything here about fridges.. I did read on one of the DVC boards that I follow that the one and two bedroom DVC fridges were going to be ok, but the studio fridges were going to need to be replaced. I haven't heard anyone saying anything about no fridges in the rooms as of now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
So sorry to hear about your friends dad
Thank you

Ok time to go to sleep... Tomorrow I am doing the Backstage Safari Tour at Animal Kingdom... must be there by 8:15 am and it has been a stressful day!!

More tomorrow!!

~N

Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #248
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Teena,
It's so good to see Bob up and around and so happy to be with Lily!

I'm sitting here wide awake at 10:57, and my alarm is going off at 3:30 A.M. so I can drive my sister and her bf to the airport for their magical Disney vacation! At this point...I may just push through and stay up....then crash. Hmm.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #249
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

If anyone wants to know anything let me know I'll be glad to help if I can.

Movie time!

~N
So sorry to hear about you friend's dad. Hope that your safari is relaxing tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS-OH View Post
Thoughts and prayers to those of you experiencing the illness or loss of friends and family members.

I must confess...I am a Middle School Principal. Yup, the craziest of all. Full moons and low pressure systems make my job interesting. And, you know what? I love every minute of it! Middle schoolers are so full of life and energy...they keep me young at heart!

And, for those of you wondering, I plan on enjoying both a Sunken Treasure and a Gray Goose slushie while I am at the YC next week!
You deserve a few drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

Lily is adorable! Love her cute Minnie cover up

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #250
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Nannette and lalabubbles, I'm sorry for the losses you both experienced this week.

Oh. My. Goodness! Lily is adorable! She looks like a cherub. Teena, will you be back in Florida during the week of the 21st? I was hoping to come and say hello during my stay at BC. You know, before I meet up with Johnny Depp in the hot tub. Heh.

I am DISing as I do some more packing for my trip. Four more sleeps! I am a little bummed to hear about the fridge issue at Disney resorts, but what can you do? I read a bit of the thread on the Resorts Board about it. Looks like people are going apoplectic about not having a fridge to keep their leftover desserts in. As much as I love the convenience of having the fridge in my room, I am sure Disney wouldn't remove them all without a pretty good reason. And I'm sure not going to let the lack of a fridge ruin my vacation. C'est la vie, right?

Me DH DS14 DD12
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #251
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

If anyone wants to know anything let me know I'll be glad to help if I can.

Movie time!

~N
Oh Nanette, I am so sorry about your friends dad.
I am glad you are able to enjoy your time though! Sounds great. I know your friend is too. :-)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #252
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Just uploaded some. Working on that now

Here are a few pictures from Teena at Newport Beach. I have added two posts with lots more pictures on the Lily Goes Live thread. Click on the link in my signature- Go To Page 13.

Look Who I Found!!!

Precious!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #253
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sitting by SAB... Trying to spot other dissers... Rocky just took my drink order! If anyone is here I'm looking for you!! I'm sitting at the very end under the shade by YC side!

Also I really dislike dis on my phone!!

~N
Virtual Cheers!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #254
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Not sure if this is typical, but I've booked standard with a discount and later upgraded to CL using the same discount (even after the "book by" date.) But it was always based on availability, so it's worth it to call and give it a try! If we are eating breakfast in the room (which we often do when staying non-CL) the fridge is essential.

We're in the same boat for DL next month - planned to eat breakfast in the room, but that's kind of down the drain with no fridge. The switch from regular room to CL at WDW has averaged us about $100 per night extra. For that price, it's a great deal for our family of five. But DL for our dates, it's $300/night extra for CL - crazy! Anyway, at WDW without a fridge, I would definitely upgrade to CL if the extra cost was $100 night or less.
No such luck with the discounted rate to upgrade to CL tonight! I'm not sure what we're going to do for breakfasts yet as I was counting on a fridge for quick "cereal and fruit then out the door" breakfasts. We're not big dry cereal bar fans. There are standard view CL rooms available, though. Now I just have to figure out how to get us into one less expensively, seeing as the traditional 14th anniversary gift evidently isn't a hotel upgrade.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #255
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room
Sending you prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Teena,
It's so good to see Bob up and around and so happy to be with Lily!

I'm sitting here wide awake at 10:57, and my alarm is going off at 3:30 A.M. so I can drive my sister and her bf to the airport for their magical Disney vacation! At this point...I may just push through and stay up....then crash. Hmm.
What you really need to do is climb in your sisters suitcase & go with her!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: