Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #226
kurdav
Earning My Ears

Teacher occasions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I like to think that we teachers are very creative in coming up with " occasions"
As a teacher and a non drinker there are days when I think I ought to take up drinking. Some days need something to make them better. All teachers will agree. Full moon is especially bad.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #227
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I'm a native Rhode Islander and used to love Rocky Point. I remember Crescent Park and Lincoln Park too...
Another native SE Mass/RI-er -- my whole family loved Rocky Point! Good memories!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #228
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room
So sorry to hear. Healing thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #229
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdav View Post

As a teacher and a non drinker there are days when I think I ought to take up drinking. Some days need something to make them better. All teachers will agree. Full moon is especially bad.
Yes, teachers are retiring / throwing in the towel at an alarming rate here......I'm thinking they might need to toss back a few more !!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #230
bookbabe_disneynut
self-confessed Disney addict...and proud of it!

Quote:

Full moon in springtime at a junior high is the ultimate bad. :grin: Add raging hormones to the usual full moon craziness and it makes for some days where even the non-drinkers are longingly eyeing a bottle.

Yup, another teacher lurking here, anxiously awaiting my BC trip - 10/10 to 10/14 - and really enjoying this thread and its predecessor. While everyone here seems really nice, I especially have to send a shoutout to NinjaMom! You are completely hysterical in the most awesome way. I totally admire your child-management techniques, and wish more of my students' parents were like you...it'd make my job a lot more fun some days. :grin:

Thanks for all the info (and laughs) everyone!
Bookbabe
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #231
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Happy anniversary !!
Thank you!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #232
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers, they are much appreciated

Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #233
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room
I'm hoping things are going well for him!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #234
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My kindergarten team has taken up cookies. You can have those at lunch. We're going from half day to full day next year, so I'm thinking we might need to add candy to our cookies, at least for the first few weeks. I should probably start baking now....
Old 07-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #235
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbabe_disneynut View Post

Full moon in springtime at a junior high is the ultimate bad. :grin: Add raging hormones to the usual full moon craziness and it makes for some days where even the non-drinkers are longingly eyeing a bottle.

Yup, another teacher lurking here, anxiously awaiting my BC trip - 10/10 to 10/14 - and really enjoying this thread and its predecessor. While everyone here seems really nice, I especially have to send a shoutout to NinjaMom! You are completely hysterical in the most awesome way. I totally admire your child-management techniques, and wish more of my students' parents were like you...it'd make my job a lot more fun some days. :grin:

Thanks for all the info (and laughs) everyone!
Bookbabe
You definitely need the BC and Sunken Treasures ASAP!!!!

Here's a Shout Out to all teachers on thus thread. I think you guys are awesome!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #236
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

If anyone wants to know anything let me know I'll be glad to help if I can.

Movie time!

~N

Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #237
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

Movie time!

~N
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I hope you're able to enjoy your time at WDW. I spent NYE at Disney three days after we buried my father. A lot of people thought I was crazy but I found it comforting and it's still one of the best memories we have as a family.

Thank you for posting while you are there.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #238
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Movie time!

~N
So sorry to hear about your friend's dad!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #239
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
This is going to be our first time at BC ever and it's during the "agency deal" and I am really worried it will be almost unenjoyable if it is sold out.
Anyone been when it was sold out before and was is beyond crowded?

Also, We like our chairs for the pool, so I am thinking we are going to be annoyed! DH especially. He might resent me for not going back to POP where the chairs are plentiful.
Disney had been doing a better job of 'packing' resorts. They are doing a better job of offering deals, having races, offering festivals so there isn't as much of an off time anymore.

We've been there several times in June and July when the crowd calendars put WDW at 8-9's and we never had a problem. We always found chairs at the pool. Now granted they weren't in the prime shaded locations but we were always able to find chairs.

Now as far as being "beyond crowded" I can't tell you that. I think that would be subjective and an individual preference. But personally I wouldn't swap a booked deal at the BC to Pop because of crowds. And I've stayed at Pop, All Stars, etc.....

Quote:

Movie time!

~N
Sounds like bittersweet fun. You enjoy. You just took me a chair on the beach...

Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #240
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Movie time!

~N
Sorry we were unable to meet up. Enjoy SAB

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: