Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #196
wlake
DIS Veteran

The whole fridge thing has me wondering if CL might be worth it. There are CL rooms available for our dates -- do you think I could upgrade and still use whatever discount it was that I had when I booked? DH isn't home from work yet to put in his two cents, but it is our anniversary today....
Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #197
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

I am really quite concerned about the lack of a fridge. I always choose hotels based on whether it has a fridge (And a safe) first of all before I look at other amenities. I've read that POR and AoA little mermaid rooms will have new fridges by end of July but I can't understand why they are not sorting the deluxe resorts first. Confused!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #198
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

RE. ice: don't hotels usually have ice makers? If not how about the HESS station by the entrance?

We are staying CL and I no longer need the fridge for meds so this is a non-issue for me, but I can totally see how it would be a HUGE deal for some!

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #199
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post

Great idea...

BTW: is your avatar a picture of "Jolly Cholly's?"
Yup
Lived near there as a kid. I did score a print of the sign last year at the Big E (Junkyard Artist) and got a Christmas ornament of it
Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #200
baggirl
Mouseketeer

Have they said that the CL rooms will be fixed sooner then standard rooms?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #201
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Yup
Lived near there as a kid. I did score a print of the sign last year at the Big E (Junkyard Artist) and got a Christmas ornament of it
OMG.... I thought it was! Brings back childhood memories for sure. I drove past that area just a couple of weekends ago on my way to the Wrentham Outlets and was pointing out to my girls how that area used to be an amusement park - they were like, huh?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #202
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pop Tarts and bananas for breakfast

Save space in the cooler for beer
Love the way your mind works. !!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #203
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
OMG.... I thought it was! Brings back childhood memories for sure. I drove past that area just a couple of weekends ago on my way to the Wrentham Outlets and was pointing out to my girls how that area used to be an amusement park - they were like, huh?
Me too! Went there as a child as well. Rocky Point was another old amusement park here in RI too. Certainly no WDW, but very fond memories with family...
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #204
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
HI TEENA!!! So happy to hear your report!!! Have you tried the beach at 10th Street on the bay side? If you're interested, turn right out of the house. When you get to the bay, turn left (away from the Fun Zone, Ferry, etc.) and keep following the path until you get to the Yacht Club. Take a right and keep following that road until you get to 10th Street. It's the bay, not the ocean, but we swam there lots when the boys were tiny.

Hope you had a great walk to Balboa Island - just love it there!!! Enjoy!
Yep we hit that beach but like the real ocean. Loved loved loved the Island ... we're do that more than once for sure. We just all had naps. We love this location sooo much except for the ocean beach. And we met Kit. They are staying upstairs this week. Lovely people. Bob loves the area so much. Says coming here to California for the beach is worth it ..even with the long flight.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #205
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
The whole fridge thing has me wondering if CL might be worth it. There are CL rooms available for our dates -- do you think I could upgrade and still use whatever discount it was that I had when I booked? DH isn't home from work yet to put in his two cents, but it is our anniversary today....
Happy anniversary !!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #206
RainK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
"An Agency" booked a huge block of rooms off for a discount. I spoke with mine yesterday to ask about her thoughts on crowd levels. She stated that BC/YC is booked solid because of them but its only those 2 resorts. So it shouldn't affect the parks. so pretty much seats at SAB will be few and far between

This is going to be our first time at BC ever and it's during the "agency deal" and I am really worried it will be almost unenjoyable if it is sold out.
Anyone been when it was sold out before and was is beyond crowded?

Also, We like our chairs for the pool, so I am thinking we are going to be annoyed! DH especially. He might resent me for not going back to POP where the chairs are plentiful.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
Old 07-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #207
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriL View Post

Me too! Went there as a child as well. Rocky Point was another old amusement park here in RI too. Certainly no WDW, but very fond memories with family...
The most recent New England DIS meet had a mini golf tournament (Kevin even played!) across the street from where Whalom Park used to be

Rocky Point was great. So was Lincoln Park, Paragon, etc
Old 07-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #208
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Yep we hit that beach but like the real ocean. Loved loved loved the Island ... we're do that more than once for sure. We just all had naps. We love this location sooo much except for the ocean beach. And we met Kit. They are staying upstairs this week. Lovely people. Bob loves the area so much. Says coming here to California for the beach is worth it ..even with the long flight.
OK - good! Just don't want for you to miss a single bit! I think the island may be one of my favorite places in the world. We're staying 1 week island, 2 nights grand californian at disneyland and then one week upstairs from where you are right now (with my parents - yay!!) Can't wait to see photos of Lily at the beach!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #209
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Not sure if this is typical, but I've booked standard with a discount and later upgraded to CL using the same discount (even after the "book by" date.) But it was always based on availability, so it's worth it to call and give it a try! If we are eating breakfast in the room (which we often do when staying non-CL) the fridge is essential.

We're in the same boat for DL next month - planned to eat breakfast in the room, but that's kind of down the drain with no fridge. The switch from regular room to CL at WDW has averaged us about $100 per night extra. For that price, it's a great deal for our family of five. But DL for our dates, it's $300/night extra for CL - crazy! Anyway, at WDW without a fridge, I would definitely upgrade to CL if the extra cost was $100 night or less.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #210
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The most recent New England DIS meet had a mini golf tournament (Kevin even played!) across the street from where Whalom Park used to be

Rocky Point was great. So was Lincoln Park, Paragon, etc
I remember Lincoln Park..Whalom and Paragon sound familiar but don't think I've been. There was Crescent Park as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: