Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1546
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post

I can answer this, I live in the same area. Yes it survived! Taylor Swift bought the house at the top of the hill from the carousel. There was A LOT of sand on the roads after Sandy. They had to use bucket loaders to get the 1-2 feet of sand off the roads for the summer.
Yeah, a friend if mine in the area mentioned Taylor. I keep forgetting to ask him about the carousel
Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #1547
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
I just booked 2 rooms at BC for October & the only discount I got was my AAA one. Nothing for booking a 2nd room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbharr1 View Post
I have two rooms booked for the end of August and no 2nd room discount.
Thanks for replies. Pretty much what I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
Hi everyone,
a few more quick questions (tomorrow we will be 3 weeks til we depart for BC!) so if anyone could help that would be awesome!

1) What tea does Disney currently use? When I was there last it was Twinings. Hopefully this is still the case, and is is available for breakfast at MP?

2) Does the MP (or somewhere close by) sell cream cheese or would be able to give me the little cream cheeses upon request? My daughter has peanut/tree nut allergies and isn't a huge fan of eggs so I think breakfast is going to be tricky, I figured I could bring some cereal for her and bagels but I would need cream cheese for that lol.

3) Finally...anyone ever have the ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote at Captain's Grille? If so how was it?!

Thanks!!
1)Tea was twinings at the start of the month.
2)MP had small cream cheeses sitting over by the condiments area.
3) Don't know this answer but the French toast was gorgeous
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #1548
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Grrrr! Our magic bands were just delivered by ups BUT I live in a 3 family house, I don't have a door bell for my apartment (thanks landlord) and I missed him!!!!

They will be back tomorrow my mom wants me to wait on the porch tomorrow until they come! she nuts!

I want my bands!!!!
My UPS guy just left them on my porch
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #1549
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
My UPS guy just left them on my porch
Mine too!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1550
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
I can answer this, I live in the same area. Yes it survived! Taylor Swift bought the house at the top of the hill from the carousel. There was A LOT of sand on the roads after Sandy. They had to use bucket loaders to get the 1-2 feet of sand off the roads for the summer.
Ooh -- I'll blame her for the huge crowds at Misquamicut this summer. The beach has been packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Grrrr! Our magic bands were just delivered by ups BUT I live in a 3 family house, I don't have a door bell for my apartment (thanks landlord) and I missed him!!!!

They will be back tomorrow my mom wants me to wait on the porch tomorrow until they come! she nuts!

I want my bands!!!!
The UPS guy just left ours too (once he decided that my road does indeed exist). Did he leave one of those yellow slips you can sign so that he'll leave the package without you being there?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #1551
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We have a note on the door to the ups man to leave all our packages We own business so we get packages weekly. It's states dirt bell does not work PLEASE leave all packages. He still took them with him, just I will have my coffee on the front porch tomorrow

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #1552
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

I am away, have limited Internet service and was just able to check, my Magic Bands were shipped! I tracked the package and it was delivered this morning, left on my front porch. I am having a neighbor pick it up. I can't wait to get home and see them now!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #1553
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Mine too!
me three

20 days!

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #1554
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
And Lily's are something ... actually Jeanne's reaction to them is the best. She's an elementary school teacher. I love to watch her in action.
Teena, I just noticed your ticker. When are you going to Disneyland? It was great meeting you and talking with you this past weekend.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #1555
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
Teena, I just noticed your ticker. When are you going to Disneyland? It was great meeting you and talking with you this past weekend.
I'll be visiting Jeanne over Nevada Day (October 25) and since that gives her a three day weekend, we'll get up early Friday morning, drive to Huntington Beach for the day, stay overnight near Disneyland, get up early Saturday and hit Disneyland, stay overnight again and drive back to Vegas on Sunday. We did this last year for Nevada Day and decided to try to make it a yearly thing.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #1556
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the info!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 07-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #1557
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'll be visiting Jeanne over Nevada Day (October 25) and since that gives her a three day weekend, we'll get up early Friday morning, drive to Huntington Beach for the day, stay overnight near Disneyland, get up early Saturday and hit Disneyland, stay overnight again and drive back to Vegas on Sunday. We did this last year for Nevada Day and decided to try to make it a yearly thing.
How fun! We go to Disneyland somewhat frequently since we live in CA. There are the Disney hotels, but there are also many other hotels right there that are the "good neighbor" hotels. Some of them are great and close (5 min walk) and some are pretty gross. If you want some recommendations, just pm me.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #1558
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

So I just booked a mini portrait session at Beach Club for Halloween morning (just happened to be the only day they had a time that worked for us)! Anyone have any experience with this? I was planning for mostly bday pics of the twins with a few family pics. Sooo excited
Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #1559
franc
Mouseketeer

We will be checking into the Beach Club very early, probably around 7am. I know that our room won't be ready, but we will need to check in so that we can get out park tickets.

Anyway, is there anywhere at the Beach Club where I get our Photopass+ activated at the same time or will I have to leave that until we get to the parks?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #1560
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They do. However, there was a problem with all the refrigerators at WDW ... all resorts. Certain models were all recalled so all resorts at WDW are in the process of replacing the recalled models. Therefore, during the next few weeks, there is a chance you could get a room without a refrigerator.
Just in case we don't get a fridge, do you know if they sell coolers in the hotel shop?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: