Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #1501
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
I did not know that!!!! I love learning new 'stuff'
Hmm I had dinner at Captains Grille and was seated under the second picture and I didn't notice the boats moved either...that could be because seated directly across from me was a very large family... 4 children, 2 grandparents and 2 sets of mom's and dad's... there was so much going on at that table that I was completely entertained for my entire meal! The meal and wine was delicious though, and I'm sure the boats moving was also entertaining!! The waiter was amazing!!! His name was Nick!

~N
Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #1502
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Hmmmm... was that button left for us at check-in by Teena a number of years ago? If so, I have one I could try to find too! Meanwhile I will look at the photos from the meet and put a face to the name.
YES!!! That would be the same button!! I'm afraid if I look for the woman with the BIG smile I might start a convo with the wrong woman!!!

I'll also have a BIG smile and I will be sitting in a quiet area of the lounge with a glass of wine in the evening!!!

~N
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #1503
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I'll be there when you check in (working in the lobby). Then Bob, me, Jeanne and Princess Lily check in on the 5th for four nights. So hopefully we'll see you at SAB!
Oh, that's fantastic! It's so cool that so many of us will be there at the same time!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #1504
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

I'm no PixelDust but I couldn't resist sharing a gorgeous view.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #1505
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hmm I had dinner at Captains Grille and was seated under the second picture and I didn't notice the boats moved either...
DD and I ate there for our "last meal" at Disney Sunday morning. I thought poor DD would be a little bored sitting there staring at the wall, but I pointed out the pretty waves to look at. When she discovered that the boats moved, we realized how perfectly we had been seated! Those boats entertained DD, and we both had such a wonderful breakfast!
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #1506
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
DD and I ate there for our "last meal" at Disney Sunday morning. I thought poor DD would be a little bored sitting there staring at the wall, but I pointed out the pretty waves to look at. When she discovered that the boats moved, we realized how perfectly we had been seated! Those boats entertained DD, and we both had such a wonderful breakfast!
Awesome place for a "last meal"!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1507
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
YES!!! That would be the same button!! I'm afraid if I look for the woman with the BIG smile I might start a convo with the wrong woman!!!

I'll also have a BIG smile and I will be sitting in a quiet area of the lounge with a glass of wine in the evening!!!

~N
Just took a quick look for the button but it is put away some place safe.

Meanwhile... a picture of me from two years ago:

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #1508
nannette

Ok... I will do my best to remember!

~N
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #1509
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Re:Magic Bands

Do we all think that as AP holders we'll get to use the Magic Bands for our upcoming December trip?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We have APs and are getting Magic Bands for August. We pick them up at YC. Out of country Guests don't get them mailed.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #1510
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We have APs and are getting Magic Bands for August. We pick them up at YC. Out of country Guests don't get them mailed.
Hmmm.... how did that happen Sue?? Did they pick you or did you call?? Wondering if I might get one in September when I go again!!

~N
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #1511
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Dee, FYI, I tried to PM you and your mailbox is full.
You're so darn popular!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #1512
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Anyone else have a hard time keeping up with this thread ??? Seems like if I dont review every few hours, I am a couple of pages back already .

Well our boarding passes are printed, and we are leaving in the morning !
5 days in Grand Flo, Sugarloaf , and 6 days at our "home" away from home ........BC Deluxe CL.

Wont be able to check into this thread too much while on vacation, so I am guessing that when we get back, there will prob be a new thread started already and I will be lost.

See everyone on the flip side .......... off to WDW .

Hopefully we can get Teena some TastyKakes.........keep getting them at the store, and the kids keep eating them !!!!

Syndrome
Have a great trip!!😃
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1513
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,
a few more quick questions (tomorrow we will be 3 weeks til we depart for BC!) so if anyone could help that would be awesome!

1) What tea does Disney currently use? When I was there last it was Twinings. Hopefully this is still the case, and is is available for breakfast at MP?

2) Does the MP (or somewhere close by) sell cream cheese or would be able to give me the little cream cheeses upon request? My daughter has peanut/tree nut allergies and isn't a huge fan of eggs so I think breakfast is going to be tricky, I figured I could bring some cereal for her and bagels but I would need cream cheese for that lol.

3) Finally...anyone ever have the ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote at Captain's Grille? If so how was it?!

Thanks!!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #1514
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Couchy, that is so awesome!!!

Maybe we will run into each other at HH or SAB!
For sure

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #1515
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

I'll be there when you check in (working in the lobby). Then Bob, me, Jeanne and Princess Lily check in on the 5th for four nights. So hopefully we'll see you at SAB!
Can't wait . We will definitely be at SAB

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: