Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #46
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post

Your review is specious. When you say, "built in snacks," it really means, "you're being FORCED to buy snacks." When you say, "dessert and drink with every meal," it really means, "dessert and drink with every meal whether you want it or not." You're not getting those things for free. You're paying for them. In fact, you're essentially OBLIGATED to buy them lest the whole thing becomes financially unfavorable.
I vividly remember a CM lynching me in the streets until I decided how I was gong to use a snack credit one glorious afternoon in MK... Oh wait.

Some people enjoy the dining plan and/or save money. THE HORROR.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #47
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I vividly remember a CM lynching me in the streets until I decided how I was gong to use a snack credit one glorious afternoon in MK... Oh wait.

Some people enjoy the dining plan and/or save money. THE HORROR.
Some people are bad at math and logic, too.
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #48
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post

Some people are bad at math and logic, too.
The two are not mutually exclusive. It's really hard to be bad at addition :-/

Gallivanting a single position like a politician running for office simply muddies your message.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #49
wysteria
Mouseketeer

Our family likes the dining plan as it doesn't cause undue stress at dinnertime. We never really visited the sit down restaurants until our last trip where we had the DDP. The trips before we only had the QS plans.

That way my husband can order anything he likes without me kicking him under the table and my dad has the excuse to have desert with every dinner since its included in his plan. My uncle is joining us this time too and even though he is in a single room by himself, we are putting him on the dining plan too because he would also feel obliged to choose a less expensive menu option when dining.

We took advantage of the stay, play and dine so we are paying child prices. Hopefully a free dining comes out. If a great room discount comes out I may put my uncle on that to save him some money, and pay full price on the dining plan.

I know possibly spending more than I need to on food goes against everything I believe in (crazy coupon/bargain hunter) but its just much more relaxing which is worth a bit to me.
October 2006 - All Star Sports
December 2011 - Pop Century
March 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside

WDW March 2014 Facebook Group

wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
The two are not mutually exclusive. It's really hard to be bad at addition :-/
You'd be surprised.

Quote:
Gallivanting a single position like a politician running for office simply muddies your message.
Reality is sometimes politically unsavory.
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #51
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Greath thread. Lots of sound logic and facts here. I usually come across these discussions and they are merely zealots of either plan telling the other side they are wrong

I save almost all of my receipts from each trip. Of course some get lost, thrown out, etc. I am going to take the meals and price them out to see.

The one thing that I see different is based on apps versus desserts. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. However, I do love the deep fried, salty things like provolone sticks, fried pickles, etc. So it does bother me to pay OOP for an appetizer and then not eat dessert. I'd like for Disney to provide you an "either or" option.
And I do have to say that based on my haphazard efforts in the past to figure out which is more cost effective, it's always seemed to be almost a wash. More in favor of DDP if doing character or buffet type meals.

Also, my oldest DD will be 9 in the Fall and she is tarting to eat more but not adult price more. So I'd also like to see a version in between kid\adult. I know it's not likely but here's to hoping.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
Squidrific
Oh, and we hate sushiDarn Hasselhoff!
I will do my best to behave over here everyone!

For the first time in 10 years we are NOT using the DDP this upcoming trip. With the latest price increase they have just priced us out of it. We have two teenagers who are both vegetarians so at $55.00 per day they are not getting our moneys worth.

I used to love the DDP for the convenience because they could go on their own and use their credits and I didn't have to worry. I am just having them charge their meals to the room this time and we have purchased a Disney gift card in the amount we were going to spend on the DDP. We will use it to pay for the room charges and the balance will go to souvenirs. I actually expect to save a lot this time by doing this.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #53
teesott
Earning My Ears

That is about how it works out for us--we are really close, either way. I do this every time--should we or shouldn't we? We always end up getting the plan and the ease of it alone is worth it, imo. We like our desserts so that is not an issue. We never use snack credits but stock up on take home treats that can be given to nieces and nephews as "souveniers" or pulled out of the freezer when the kids least expect it
teesott is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: