Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #106
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
OK thanks! I'm pretty sure I would be a regular DW girl. (not a fan of any kind of floats) So I could go to either the Poly or Aloha Isle. I don't mind waiting in line to some degree, I just couldn't do it in that heat we were in!

I was in NYC the past few days with DD. I think the heat must follow me wherever I go! I knew they were having a heat wave, but I figured I'm used to it so it won't bother me. Wrong! It was melting hot. I think the difference is that in NYC (as in Disney), you do a lot of walking. We must have walked 10 miles this weekend. At home, we walk from the A/C of our car to wherever we are going, then back to the A/C of our car, to the A/C of our house.
I like Dole Whips and DW floats! The DW float is just the Dole Whip in pineapple juice. It's delicious!

We have been having a heat wave here too. Finally cooled down some today. High is only supposed to be 80. Been in the low 90's for several days. Hotter than Orlando most days. We took DS to a professional soccer game in Pgh yesterday and there was no shade at all. I thought we were going to melt!! I told the kids we were just getting ourselves prepared for WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
I think your FP+ picks look great!

Talking about Dole Whips, have you ever been to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA? (I only ask you this because I know you are from PA.) Anyway, they actually have Dole Whips there. I never knew they did, but there was a thread about it on the DIS a couple of years ago, and sure enough, the next time we visited the park I looked for them I found them. We don't go to Dutch Wonderland as often anymore as it is geared toward younger kids and my boys are more into thrill rides, but I enjoyed them while it lasted and loved getting my WDW fix here in PA.
Thank you!

Nope, never been to Dutch Wonderland. But I know we've been past it when we have been in Hershey and the area over there! I wish I would have known they had Dole Whips!! But yes, I'm sure my kids are too old for it now. Glad you had the chance to enjoy them there!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #107
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Dole whip!! YUM.

I can't wait to get one in Adventureland. I've been trying not to eat them here at the local yogurt place bc we can get them and my kids want to go every stinking day but I've caved lately. It's just too dang hot and they taste the best in the heat!

Did I tell you I froze in Pebble Beach?? FROZE. We built a fire in the fireplace every night in the room. One night the co even had pashmina's for all the ladies on the backs of their chairs at supper bc it was outside under heaters and we were all blocks of ice. Crazy! Now it's back to brutal heat and sweat.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #108
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
4 WEEKS!!!!

Well, we are going to MK two times. So we could get 3 each time and this is what we did...

On the day that we will go to MK at rope drop we got FP+ for:
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Space Mountain (DS14 & I) and Buzzlightyear (DH & DS11)
Big Thunder Mtn RR

On the day that we will go to MK around 2pm and stay until closing we got FP+ for:
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mtn RR

What do you think?!

Maybe we should have added a little more variety in there, and we can still go in and change things if need be. But as of right now I am happy with what we have. Some things I just don't think need a FP - IASW & PP (we will do those right at opening), Philharmagic, POTC never has a wait either, I would never waste a FP on things like Dumbo, the Tea Cups, Barnstormer, etc. We have seen MSEP a few times, so it's not a must do. I feel like Wishes can be viewed from anywhere, so I don't think I would ever use a FP for viewing that. And we have had very good luck with little to no waits to see Mickey in his new location at Town Square!

Hopefully it will all work out!

You sound like you handle rope drop like we do, with that being said I don't think you will need a FP for LIttle Mermaid on that day. I would recommend switching that FP to something else. Other than that I think you have a great plan put together. Plus if your family really isn't into WInnie the Pooh, it is a similar ride with Little Mermaid once you rode nothing changes. When we went in Jan 2013 we never needed a FP for Little Mermaid but Peter Pan was another story. It will be interesting to see how Magic+/FP+ works on other wait times.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #109
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Dole whip!! YUM.

I can't wait to get one in Adventureland. I've been trying not to eat them here at the local yogurt place bc we can get them and my kids want to go every stinking day but I've caved lately. It's just too dang hot and they taste the best in the heat!

Did I tell you I froze in Pebble Beach?? FROZE. We built a fire in the fireplace every night in the room. One night the co even had pashmina's for all the ladies on the backs of their chairs at supper bc it was outside under heaters and we were all blocks of ice. Crazy! Now it's back to brutal heat and sweat.
Me too! I don't think I even got a Dole whip in MK last time. Got them all at the Poly!

I knew you were worried about it being chilly in Pebble Beach. How cold was it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
You sound like you handle rope drop like we do, with that being said I don't think you will need a FP for LIttle Mermaid on that day. I would recommend switching that FP to something else. Other than that I think you have a great plan put together. Plus if your family really isn't into WInnie the Pooh, it is a similar ride with Little Mermaid once you rode nothing changes. When we went in Jan 2013 we never needed a FP for Little Mermaid but Peter Pan was another story. It will be interesting to see how Magic+/FP+ works on other wait times.

Welcome!

Thanks for your thoughts. You are probably right, we likely won't need a LM FP+ on our rope drop day. I guess I just worry because it is new and I know Fantasyland gets busy around 10 and I'm worried we won't be able to fit in all 4 of our Fantasyland attractions that we like before the crowds hit - IASW, PP, Philharmagic, and LM.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out once the FP+ is all rolled out. I'm a bit worried that the FP lines are going to get awful long.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #110
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Speaking of FP+ and Magicbands, look what just arrived via UPS!!

DS11 demonstratng my band!!

Me & the kids!

Instructions for making the bands smaller. I think the kids and I are going to have to do this.

Exciting!!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #111
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Holy crap!!!
Wonder Twins unite!!!
Shape of.... Mickey Mouse!!!

Soooooooo cooooool!!!

But!
(There's always a but isn't there?!?!?)
But.... They're soooooooooo big!!! I thought they would be a lot thinner!
I hope they don't drive you crazy.

They're neat anyway!!! Yay for getting to try it out first!!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #112
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Holy crap!!!
Wonder Twins unite!!!
Shape of.... Mickey Mouse!!!

Soooooooo cooooool!!!

But!
(There's always a but isn't there?!?!?)
But.... They're soooooooooo big!!! I thought they would be a lot thinner!
I hope they don't drive you crazy.

They're neat anyway!!! Yay for getting to try it out first!!

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!!!

Yes, they are large for people with a small wrist. But, the gray part can come off. Making it a little thinner and much shorter. It will take off several inches, leaving a lot less bulk tucked underneath.

I may still hate wearing it!! We'll see...
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #113
JoBird

Why did that one twin always take the shape of an eagle and the other always like a bucket of water??

Anyway---- that's good that you can take it and make it smaller somehow bc the size it looks to me ---- I would have to wear it as an anklet!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #114
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

IDK. I don't even really remember!! I just remember them saying that!

I wonder what they would do if I wore that thing as an anklet and threw my leg up on the counter when I wanted to make a purchase?!!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #115
JoBird

People probably would think it was a new dance show number and ask for your autograph!! Whee!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #116
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #117
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Happy 3 Weeks & 4 Days since I fell behind and missed 4 Weeks!

We never bought trip insurance ever until last March, actually I had bought it for our trip in Oct 2011 that we postponed till March 2012 and was able to transfer it to the March Trip. I bought it again for last years Nov-Dec trip and again this time thru the carrier Jet Blue offers.

Now that we are older you just never know what might happen.

Your FP + plans sound good and how cool is it you already got the bands!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #118
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

A little late here, but I'll join in! I read one of your other reports and enjoyed it so I figured I'd read another! I am going to live vicariously through you as you stay at YC (with an amazing deal, wow!) and test out those magic bands. I love how they came delivered in that little box.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #119
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I too am surprised by the size of the magic bands!

I probably missed this in your report...

Is the YC part of the magic band test? I saw that you picked your FP+ rides... Did you pre-pick your colors for the bands?

The whole FP+ and Magic Bands confuse me! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Miss Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #120
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Well I must say that I am intrigued. Still don't think I'm going to like it, but I am intrigued. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it when you get back. Even if the whole system is the best thing since sliced bread, I still won't like wearing it on my wrist though. It's just a claustrophobia thing with me. I don't like wearing rings or bracelets. Yes, I know that's dumb... what can I say. Maybe I could just strap it to my bag???

I wonder if you can wear them at the water parks???
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: