Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #91
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I've never bought trip insurance and here's why. It doesn't cover everything people often think it does. There are often a lot of exclusions (acts of God) etc. that means that people aren't covered for things they think are covered. Sometimes you can get refunds for things like lost luggage but you aren't likely to get your whole trip reimbursed because it rained or something like that.
I really thought about it for our Alaska cruise, but I'm driving, so I don't need to worry about like a plane delay that prevents me from getting there or something like that.
Maybe if we ever do a Med cruise...

But on the DIS podcast a while back they did a discussion about it and what it is good for etc. Good information. I think it really pays to do research on it.

So it was Spectro. I had heard someone else say (or post) that it was taken apart. There is info out about an upcoming new parade, just don't remember where I saw it or if they announced a start date.

Jo! You've been here a lot!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #92
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I've never bought trip insurance and here's why. It doesn't cover everything people often think it does. There are often a lot of exclusions (acts of God) etc. that means that people aren't covered for things they think are covered. Sometimes you can get refunds for things like lost luggage but you aren't likely to get your whole trip reimbursed because it rained or something like that.
I really thought about it for our Alaska cruise, but I'm driving, so I don't need to worry about like a plane delay that prevents me from getting there or something like that.
Maybe if we ever do a Med cruise...

But on the DIS podcast a while back they did a discussion about it and what it is good for etc. Good information. I think it really pays to do research on it.

So it was Spectro. I had heard someone else say (or post) that it was taken apart. There is info out about an upcoming new parade, just don't remember where I saw it or if they announced a start date.

Jo! You've been here a lot!!!

That's what I've always been afraid of - it not rcovering everything you think it does and just not really being worth it.

Well that sure is interesting about Spectro. When they first brought back MSEP I thought it was only going to be for that summer (2 summer ago I think), but it's still here!! I like MSEP a lot, but really enjoyed the music from Spectro more. Something new would be nice too.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #93
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

The last time I was at Country Bear Jamboree was in 2009. My boys were only two and they loved it. My parents were along for that trip and my dad liked it because he thought it was a great place to take a nap. We haven't really had any interest in returning but may on a future trip just for some rest and relaxation. That is why we like COP so much. It is a great place to rest, relax and cool off.

We never buy trip insurance either, but we did for our upcoming cruise. We didn't buy trip insurance through Disney but went through insuremytrip dot com that was recommended here on the DIS. They were/are great to work with. What I did was call them and give them a list of what I wanted covered - death in family, illness that would prohibit us from traveling, hurricane that would affect our travel and/or our cruise, flight delays/luggage lost that could impact our trip, theft/fire at our house, job loss - you get the idea. Anyway, for $153.00 I was able to insure all four of us and get all those things above covered. She sent me a quote and I read over it, word for word, called back asked questions, and then purchased. I have such a piece of mind about this trip. Now, I don't know if I'd purchase travel insurance for a trip to WDW but I think I will for any cruise I take in the future. With cruising there are just too many variables that are out of my control and for the small amount of money I like having the security. If you are ever thinking about travel insurance I'd recommend insuremytrip dot com as they have been great and will really work with you. One other thing, I tried some price quotes on their website and got much higher quotes than when I called and spoke with the representative. They can tailor a package that fits your needs.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Wonder: 5-night Western ~ March 29-April 3, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #94
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
We never buy trip insurance either, but we did for our upcoming cruise. We didn't buy trip insurance through Disney but went through insuremytrip dot com that was recommended here on the DIS. They were/are great to work with. What I did was call them and give them a list of what I wanted covered - death in family, illness that would prohibit us from traveling, hurricane that would affect our travel and/or our cruise, flight delays/luggage lost that could impact our trip, theft/fire at our house, job loss - you get the idea. Anyway, for $153.00 I was able to insure all four of us and get all those things above covered. She sent me a quote and I read over it, word for word, called back asked questions, and then purchased. I have such a piece of mind about this trip. Now, I don't know if I'd purchase travel insurance for a trip to WDW but I think I will for any cruise I take in the future. With cruising there are just too many variables that are out of my control and for the small amount of money I like having the security. If you are ever thinking about travel insurance I'd recommend insuremytrip dot com as they have been great and will really work with you. One other thing, I tried some price quotes on their website and got much higher quotes than when I called and spoke with the representative. They can tailor a package that fits your needs.
I agree with this 100%. I would never buy insurance for WDW, but would for a cruise (since the boat leaves with or without you!). And I wouldn't buy insurance from Disney because it doesn't seem to cover anything. I also recommend that same company mentioned above. Most people say they are actually cheaper than Disney and you get fully covered. I will say though that I did not buy insurance for the 2 cruises I've been on. They were both short (3 nights) and fairly cheap, plus we were driving so I wasn't worried about flight issues. I would buy it for a longer cruise though or if I was flying into port (especially if flying in on the same day the cruise sets sail).
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #96
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I'm here. Just trying to get out from underneath all the laundry I have. I told Shelly earlier it looked like my closet puked all of its contents onto my bedroom floor.

Well poop. Now I am regretting my hasty insurance decision. I bet they wouldn't let me cancel it either.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #97
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I'm here. Just trying to get out from underneath all the laundry I have. I told Shelly earlier it looked like my closet puked all of its contents onto my bedroom floor.

Well poop. Now I am regretting my hasty insurance decision. I bet they wouldn't let me cancel it either.

Bummer on the insurance deal. I'd try anyway to cancel it. Maybe before a certain time you can.

I don't like how happy this smilie is doing laundry. It's just not realistic. Then again, if I only had to wash three items of clothes, maybe I'd smile more.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #98
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

That's so true. If I could throw three things on the line then fall over from exhaustion the way that smilie is doing I'd grin too. How dumb.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #99
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
The last time I was at Country Bear Jamboree was in 2009. My boys were only two and they loved it. My parents were along for that trip and my dad liked it because he thought it was a great place to take a nap. We haven't really had any interest in returning but may on a future trip just for some rest and relaxation. That is why we like COP so much. It is a great place to rest, relax and cool off.

That's kind of what I was thinking - a nice place to sit & relax and cool off!! And a cheesey show to watch.

That sounds like a good deal on the insurance! I'll have to keep that in mind if we ever decide to cruise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I agree with this 100%. I would never buy insurance for WDW, but would for a cruise (since the boat leaves with or without you!). And I wouldn't buy insurance from Disney because it doesn't seem to cover anything. I also recommend that same company mentioned above. Most people say they are actually cheaper than Disney and you get fully covered. I will say though that I did not buy insurance for the 2 cruises I've been on. They were both short (3 nights) and fairly cheap, plus we were driving so I wasn't worried about flight issues. I would buy it for a longer cruise though or if I was flying into port (especially if flying in on the same day the cruise sets sail).
I don't think I would ever fly in the day the cruise started. Just too risky. So I don't know if we will ever buy trip insurance. Maybe. IDK.

Quote:

How's the laundry coming along???

I think you can cancel the insurance.... Or are you within 45 days? IDK then. I'd definitely call and ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I don't like how happy this smilie is doing laundry. It's just not realistic. Then again, if I only had to wash three items of clothes, maybe I'd smile more.
Quote:

That's so true. If I could throw three things on the line then fall over from exhaustion the way that smilie is doing I'd grin too. How dumb.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #100
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

4 WEEKS!!!!

So, where did we decide to use our Magic Kingdom Fastpass Plus at???

The choices are:
IASW
BTMRR
Buzzlightyear
Dumbo
Tales with Belle
HM
JC (but it's closed when we are there)
Mad Tea Party
Mickey Meet & Greet
Princess Meet & Greet
Philharmagic
Monsters Inc
Peter Pan
POTC
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn
Barnstormer
Aladdin
Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Little Mermaid
Preferred viewing for MSEP
Preferred viewing for Wishes

Well, we are going to MK two times. So we could get 3 each time and this is what we did...

On the day that we will go to MK at rope drop we got FP+ for:
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Space Mountain (DS14 & I) and Buzzlightyear (DH & DS11)
Big Thunder Mtn RR

On the day that we will go to MK around 2pm and stay until closing we got FP+ for:
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mtn RR

What do you think?!

Maybe we should have added a little more variety in there, and we can still go in and change things if need be. But as of right now I am happy with what we have. Some things I just don't think need a FP - IASW & PP (we will do those right at opening), Philharmagic, POTC never has a wait either, I would never waste a FP on things like Dumbo, the Tea Cups, Barnstormer, etc. We have seen MSEP a few times, so it's not a must do. I feel like Wishes can be viewed from anywhere, so I don't think I would ever use a FP for viewing that. And we have had very good luck with little to no waits to see Mickey in his new location at Town Square!

Hopefully it will all work out!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #101
JoBird

Happy Less Than 4 Weeks!

So close now!!!!!!

Sounds like you ended up with some good FP+!!! I can't wait to hear how it works out. I think your logic for choosing them is right on.
Lots of things you can hit at opening and walk onto, and then other things like the parade you don't need it for. I think you got it right!!!!

Yay!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #102
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a very good plan for MK and the FP's!

Back to your last update (the MK touring plan) which I just saw yesterday. I absolutely love the castle pic! Maybe you've posted it sometime in the past, in a TR, but I don't remember it. It's perfect! And the family pic is great, too!

I forgot to to tell you that on my whirlwind trip to DL, I did not get a Dole Whip. I know, I know, you told me I had to. But I tried, I really did! We found the DW stand, after finally asking when we couldn't find it, but there was a humongous line. It was hot as heck, so a DW would have been great. But because it was so hot, I wasn't standing in that line out in the sun. I went back at least twice after to see if the line had gone down, but it didn't. So I guess I'll have to wait until November and get one at DW! Is there only one place to get a DW in DW? (besides the Poly?) I know you know what I mean there!
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #103
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Less Than 4 Weeks!

So close now!!!!!!

Sounds like you ended up with some good FP+!!! I can't wait to hear how it works out. I think your logic for choosing them is right on.
Lots of things you can hit at opening and walk onto, and then other things like the parade you don't need it for. I think you got it right!!!!

Yay!!!

Thanks!! It's coming up fast!

I'm happy with our FP+ picks! Hopefully it will all work out. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Sounds like you have a very good plan for MK and the FP's!

Back to your last update (the MK touring plan) which I just saw yesterday. I absolutely love the castle pic! Maybe you've posted it sometime in the past, in a TR, but I don't remember it. It's perfect! And the family pic is great, too!

I forgot to to tell you that on my whirlwind trip to DL, I did not get a Dole Whip. I know, I know, you told me I had to. But I tried, I really did! We found the DW stand, after finally asking when we couldn't find it, but there was a humongous line. It was hot as heck, so a DW would have been great. But because it was so hot, I wasn't standing in that line out in the sun. I went back at least twice after to see if the line had gone down, but it didn't. So I guess I'll have to wait until November and get one at DW! Is there only one place to get a DW in DW? (besides the Poly?) I know you know what I mean there!

Thanks!

That castle pic is from several trips ago I think. I love it too!

WHAT, no Dole Whip??? Okay, you must get one at WDW!! You can get the regular Dole Whip at Captain Cook's at the Poly. Inside with AC! And you can get the regular Dole Whip and Dole Whip Floats at Aloha Isle in MK in Adventureland. There is usually a line, but you aren't going at a really busy time of year, so you should be okay!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #104
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thanks!! It's coming up fast!

I'm happy with our FP+ picks! Hopefully it will all work out. Can't wait!

Thanks!

That castle pic is from several trips ago I think. I love it too!

WHAT, no Dole Whip??? Okay, you must get one at WDW!! You can get the regular Dole Whip at Captain Cook's at the Poly. Inside with AC! And you can get the regular Dole Whip and Dole Whip Floats at Aloha Isle in MK in Adventureland. There is usually a line, but you aren't going at a really busy time of year, so you should be okay!
OK thanks! I'm pretty sure I would be a regular DW girl. (not a fan of any kind of floats) So I could go to either the Poly or Aloha Isle. I don't mind waiting in line to some degree, I just couldn't do it in that heat we were in!

I was in NYC the past few days with DD. I think the heat must follow me wherever I go! I knew they were having a heat wave, but I figured I'm used to it so it won't bother me. Wrong! It was melting hot. I think the difference is that in NYC (as in Disney), you do a lot of walking. We must have walked 10 miles this weekend. At home, we walk from the A/C of our car to wherever we are going, then back to the A/C of our car, to the A/C of our house.
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #105
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I think your FP+ picks look great!

Talking about Dole Whips, have you ever been to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA? (I only ask you this because I know you are from PA.) Anyway, they actually have Dole Whips there. I never knew they did, but there was a thread about it on the DIS a couple of years ago, and sure enough, the next time we visited the park I looked for them I found them. We don't go to Dutch Wonderland as often anymore as it is geared toward younger kids and my boys are more into thrill rides, but I enjoyed them while it lasted and loved getting my WDW fix here in PA.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Wonder: 5-night Western ~ March 29-April 3, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: