Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #61
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran
 
disny_luvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 4.7 miles from the Hersheypark Kissing Tower
Posts: 1,703

Kudos on the great flight prices. We got decent prices for our November/December trip, but not as good as yours. I remember the days when we paid $54/ticket ...

I still have to book our rental car for our LEGOLAND day. I'm waiting until a little closer to the trip. I did some "dummy" bookings and the prices aren't too bad but I'll take any deal/discount I can get.
__________________
, DH ~ , Me ~ , DS (8) ~ , DS (8)

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #62
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

I would LOVE to get airfare that low! From here, we rarely see a flight to Florida for less than $300 RT.

I have found with car rentals it is a LOT cheaper to wait and book closer to the trip. We've done that a couple times now and it's been awesome. In fact, I'm on car rental watch right now, hoping that in August we'll find a decent rate to rent for our road trip. I really don't want to put that many miles on my car if I don't have to, although it will be plenty roomy for the trip.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #63
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Wow Great deals on both your Air and rental car! I paid $770 for air for just 2 of us but our return flight has been bouncing up an down so I have been able to bank $142 in credits towards another trip so it's all good, final cost for air $628 more than we have ever paid but What can ya do

It seems like renting a car is a lot like booking airfare you have to keep checking for deals
Yeah, I sure was lucky this time. I've paid over $1200 for the 4 of us before.

Well at least you have a credit for next time!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Oh that's right you're going to Clearwater first... Duh!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post


Hello from wherever the heck I am!!

You got AWESOME deals on both the flight and rental car!! I'm still waiting for the car to come down for me. It hasn't budged yet. I'm hopeful that it comes down a ton bc I just spent $823 on the car in San Francisco.

Yes I almost died. Where is that vomit smilie when you need one???

Anyway--- I still have so much to catch up on here on the DIS but wanted to stop in and say hi before I'm on the move again.

Hello stranger

HOW MUCH??? Holy crap!!

Well I sure hope your rental for WDW comes down soon!!


Get home safe and sound and get cought up on here!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #64
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Kudos on the great flight prices. We got decent prices for our November/December trip, but not as good as yours. I remember the days when we paid $54/ticket ...

I still have to book our rental car for our LEGOLAND day. I'm waiting until a little closer to the trip. I did some "dummy" bookings and the prices aren't too bad but I'll take any deal/discount I can get.
Thanks!! Yeah, about 5 years ago we could fly for about $69-$75 one way. Miss those days. Anymore, anything $100 or less is a steal!

Just keep checking on your rental. Hopefully you will get a good deal!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I would LOVE to get airfare that low! From here, we rarely see a flight to Florida for less than $300 RT.

I have found with car rentals it is a LOT cheaper to wait and book closer to the trip. We've done that a couple times now and it's been awesome. In fact, I'm on car rental watch right now, hoping that in August we'll find a decent rate to rent for our road trip. I really don't want to put that many miles on my car if I don't have to, although it will be plenty roomy for the trip.
We've paid that much before, once or twice. Only because we didn't buy right when it came out. Hope I never have to pay that again. We may have to drive.

I find the whole car rental thing strange!! The prices are highest at first and then come down and down. And you don't have to reserve it with a cerdit card. So strange!

Hope you get a great deal for August!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #65
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

I was reading earlier today on the YC&BC thread that some people staying there around the time we are have been chosen to participate in a test run of the new Magicband. So, I logged onto my WDW account and this box popped up:



So, we get to participate!

Some of you might remember that we were in on the last test run of this on our December trip. This time it is much different. In Dec we could only pick 3 attractions for one day at MK and 2 attractions for one day at DHS. This time we can pick 3 attractions for any park, everyday of our trip! In December we got a separate FP+ card of course, because the magicbands weren't out yet. We were then also able to get regular FP's with our KTTW card. Then at times we were holding 2 sets of FP's, one FP+ and one regular FP. Not sure how this works with now with the FP+ being on the magicband. We may be restricted from getting regular FP's if we have a FP+.... But I'm not sure if we just can't get any regular FP's during the time slots that we already have a FP+, or if that means we can never get any FP's. No one seems to completely understand yet. And of course they getting conflicting info when calling WDW.

But, being a adventurous person that I am , I went ahead and signed us up to try it!! We now have 3 FP+'s for each day we are in the parks! And I was able to customize our Magicbands - which was basically just picking a color for each of us and adding our first names. I got pink, DH got gray, DS14 got red, and DS11 got blue. Not sure how I feel about wearing the Magicband. I'm just afraid it might be hot (I don't usually wear too much jewelry down there when it's hot), or feel awkward, or just plain look ugly when we are maybe dressed up for a nice dinner or something...

We shall see I guess.

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #66
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

How neat that you were chosen to do the magic band test! I'd have gone for it to. Maybe you'll find out more info before you go. But, if nothing else, you've got 3 fastpasses per day and that's pretty darn good.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #67
T*Bird
DIS Veteran
 
T*Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I was reading earlier today on the YC&BC thread that some people staying there around the time we are have been chosen to participate in a test run of the new Magicband. So, I logged onto my WDW account and this box popped up:



So, we get to participate!

Some of you might remember that we were in on the last test run of this on our December trip. This time it is much different. In Dec we could only pick 3 attractions for one day at MK and 2 attractions for one day at DHS. This time we can pick 3 attractions for any park, everyday of our trip! In December we got a separate FP+ card of course, because the magicbands weren't out yet. We were then also able to get regular FP's with our KTTW card. Then at times we were holding 2 sets of FP's, one FP+ and one regular FP. Not sure how this works with now with the FP+ being on the magicband. We may be restricted from getting regular FP's if we have a FP+.... But I'm not sure if we just can't get any regular FP's during the time slots that we already have a FP+, or if that means we can never get any FP's. No one seems to completely understand yet. And of course they getting conflicting info when calling WDW.

But, being a adventurous person that I am , I went ahead and signed us up to try it!! We now have 3 FP+'s for each day we are in the parks! And I was able to customize our Magicbands - which was basically just picking a color for each of us and adding our first names. I got pink, DH got gray, DS14 got red, and DS11 got blue. Not sure how I feel about wearing the Magicband. I'm just afraid it might be hot (I don't usually wear too much jewelry down there when it's hot), or feel awkward, or just plain look ugly when we are maybe dressed up for a nice dinner or something...

We shall see I guess.

OK, so you totally lost me in that first paragraph, but it sounds like it's a good thing, so congrats!

As long as the bracelet doesn't clash with your cute outfits!

You are just so good at this Disney planning!

Great deal on the rental car, too! When DD and I were in CA a few weeks ago, we rented a car at the airport for Monday-Thursday. I had reserved it on the AAA website beforehand. The Hertz lady kept saying what a great deal we had gotten. I was happy with the quote, but didn't know it was anything special. Anyway, it was $63 for 4 days, including everything.

Did I do good? As my DS would always correct me, "No, you did well."
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #68
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,712

That's pretty cool that you are getting to try out the magic bands.
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #69
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!
 
mari360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: in Never Never land.... with Tinkerbelle....
Posts: 3,715

Shelly- nice you get to try the magic bands. But I understand you with the heat and having something on your wrist.... Me and my dd8 are starting to plan out our trip for May. I'm so excited finally getting back.....

Disney here we come!!!!! 😍
__________________
Past & Future Trips:1985 - 1st trip, August 1997 -Offsite, May 2007-CBR, May 2008 -CSR, Jan 2009 - Orange Lake, June 2010 - POP, Aug 2013 - POP

mari360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #70
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

I'm so excited you get to try the new bands Shelly!! I will need an in depth tutorial on them after you're back, because I just don't really get it at all. Lol.

I guess I just have all the same questions as you do as far as regular FP's still being available. If not, I will be really disappointed. I used to plan every one of our trips ride for ride, but now that we have been there so much I really look forward to a little spontaneity. It feels like that will all be gone. We'll see. I'm part of the skeptical group about this.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
Shelly- nice you get to try the magic bands. But I understand you with the heat and having something on your wrist.... Me and my dd8 are starting to plan out our trip for May. I'm so excited finally getting back.....

Disney here we come!!!!! dde0d
Yay Mari!!!!! SO excited you'll finally be going back! I know you have been waiting forever

Side note - Holy crap, is Marissa really 8?????
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #71
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,066

Ditto on what Heather said! I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works, but I'm concerned though about having to plan every second of my trip. I've never been one to do that. I do love to plan, probably more than the average person, but I have never wanted to plan the order of my rides (with a few exceptions... like we have to get TSM FPs first thing or something like that). I have to be on a run here, run there schedule everyday when I'm at home and surely don't want to be like that at WDW. I'm even starting to get annoyed with having to make ressies for meals now! I'd really just like to eat when I'm hungry and ride what I want when I want, but I fear those days are over. Sort of takes the vacation out of the vacation though. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. I know you'll be totally honest!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #72
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I was reading earlier today on the YC&BC thread that some people staying there around the time we are have been chosen to participate in a test run of the new Magicband. So, I logged onto my WDW account and this box popped up:



So, we get to participate!

Some of you might remember that we were in on the last test run of this on our December trip. This time it is much different. In Dec we could only pick 3 attractions for one day at MK and 2 attractions for one day at DHS. This time we can pick 3 attractions for any park, everyday of our trip! In December we got a separate FP+ card of course, because the magicbands weren't out yet. We were then also able to get regular FP's with our KTTW card. Then at times we were holding 2 sets of FP's, one FP+ and one regular FP. Not sure how this works with now with the FP+ being on the magicband. We may be restricted from getting regular FP's if we have a FP+.... But I'm not sure if we just can't get any regular FP's during the time slots that we already have a FP+, or if that means we can never get any FP's. No one seems to completely understand yet. And of course they getting conflicting info when calling WDW.

But, being a adventurous person that I am , I went ahead and signed us up to try it!! We now have 3 FP+'s for each day we are in the parks! And I was able to customize our Magicbands - which was basically just picking a color for each of us and adding our first names. I got pink, DH got gray, DS14 got red, and DS11 got blue. Not sure how I feel about wearing the Magicband. I'm just afraid it might be hot (I don't usually wear too much jewelry down there when it's hot), or feel awkward, or just plain look ugly when we are maybe dressed up for a nice dinner or something...

We shall see I guess.

Shelly very exciting! I saw a thread yesterday where someone posted about the Magicband being active but not for me yet. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. The new mug rumors sound a bit not to my likeing especially the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Ditto on what Heather said! I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works, but I'm concerned though about having to plan every second of my trip. I've never been one to do that. I do love to plan, probably more than the average person, but I have never wanted to plan the order of my rides (with a few exceptions... like we have to get TSM FPs first thing or something like that). I have to be on a run here, run there schedule everyday when I'm at home and surely don't want to be like that at WDW. I'm even starting to get annoyed with having to make ressies for meals now! I'd really just like to eat when I'm hungry and ride what I want when I want, but I fear those days are over. Sort of takes the vacation out of the vacation though. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. I know you'll be totally honest!
Rinky I am like you. I plan what park and where we will eat most of the time but we prefer to wander if we see a short or non existent line to an attraction we do it. We have never used a Fast Pass yet of course riding the rides are no longer top priority now that we are older.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #73
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How neat that you were chosen to do the magic band test! I'd have gone for it to. Maybe you'll find out more info before you go. But, if nothing else, you've got 3 fastpasses per day and that's pretty darn good.
Yeah, hopefully we will find out more info before we go and it will all work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
OK, so you totally lost me in that first paragraph, but it sounds like it's a good thing, so congrats!

As long as the bracelet doesn't clash with your cute outfits!

You are just so good at this Disney planning!

Great deal on the rental car, too! When DD and I were in CA a few weeks ago, we rented a car at the airport for Monday-Thursday. I had reserved it on the AAA website beforehand. The Hertz lady kept saying what a great deal we had gotten. I was happy with the quote, but didn't know it was anything special. Anyway, it was $63 for 4 days, including everything.

Did I do good? As my DS would always correct me, "No, you did well."
What part confused you???

Wow you did get a great deal on a rental in CA!! That's awesome! Yes, you did WELL!


Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
That's pretty cool that you are getting to try out the magic bands.
Thanks, we're excited!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #74
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
Shelly- nice you get to try the magic bands. But I understand you with the heat and having something on your wrist.... Me and my dd8 are starting to plan out our trip for May. I'm so excited finally getting back.....

Disney here we come!!!!! ��
I have a feeling my Magicband may end up in my park bag most of the day!

I'm so happy for you getting to go in May!!! I bet Marissa is super excited!! Let me know if you need anything!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
I'm so excited you get to try the new bands Shelly!! I will need an in depth tutorial on them after you're back, because I just don't really get it at all. Lol.

I guess I just have all the same questions as you do as far as regular FP's still being available. If not, I will be really disappointed. I used to plan every one of our trips ride for ride, but now that we have been there so much I really look forward to a little spontaneity. It feels like that will all be gone. We'll see. I'm part of the skeptical group about this.....
I'm a little skeptical myself. I totally understand it, just not sure I am going to love it. Although I might, I am a huge planner and we are creatures of habit. As in we tend to usually tour the parks in the same order. So it was pretty easy for me to pick our FP+ times. I just don't like that we can not get regular FP's now... And someone on the YC&BC thread said that it does say that on the WDW website. I haven't had time to check it out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Ditto on what Heather said! I'm looking forward to hearing how it all works, but I'm concerned though about having to plan every second of my trip. I've never been one to do that. I do love to plan, probably more than the average person, but I have never wanted to plan the order of my rides (with a few exceptions... like we have to get TSM FPs first thing or something like that). I have to be on a run here, run there schedule everyday when I'm at home and surely don't want to be like that at WDW. I'm even starting to get annoyed with having to make ressies for meals now! I'd really just like to eat when I'm hungry and ride what I want when I want, but I fear those days are over. Sort of takes the vacation out of the vacation though. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. I know you'll be totally honest!

I will definitely tell you all about it and my feelings on it too. You know me, never holding anything back!

I don't think it is going to be for everyone, that's for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Shelly very exciting! I saw a thread yesterday where someone posted about the Magicband being active but not for me yet. Can't wait to hear your opinion on it. The new mug rumors sound a bit not to my likeing especially the price.



Rinky I am like you. I plan what park and where we will eat most of the time but we prefer to wander if we see a short or non existent line to an attraction we do it. We have never used a Fast Pass yet of course riding the rides are no longer top priority now that we are older.

Right now the test run is for August 2-25 and only for guests staying at POP, AKL, CR, and YC I guess. Some people on the YC&BC thread are saying that it is only if you get an official email invitation... We never got one. So maybe we won't even get in on it, I don't know. All I know is that when I logged into my WDW account yesterday it prompted me to participate and verified my mailing address to mail the Magicbands to. Guess we'll see if they ever come!

I will definitely let you know if they do another test run (or maybe roll it out to all guest) for your dates.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

One month from right now we will be on the plane to Tampa!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: