Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #571
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Yeah it's not the best offer, we usually prefer a room discount. But it is tempting to throw together a short winter trip and eat at some of the more expensive restaurants, paying the child's DDP price of something like $18 a day!!

The dates on my PIN are - 1/5/14-3/2/14 and 3/16/14-4/12/14
I'll be there from 4/7 - 4/13

Just sayin
Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #572
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
I'll be there from 4/7 - 4/13

Just sayin

That would be great, DS14's birthday is that week! Too bad we are tied to school schedules. Looking at very late January (not MLK week), we have a short break.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #573
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That would be great, DS14's birthday is that week! Too bad we are tied to school schedules. Looking at very late January (not MLK week), we have a short break.
That sounds awesome!!
We are going for my kids Feb. vacation ( which falls in Pres. Day) I know it'll be crowded but who cares- I'm in FL in the winter!!! Need I say more?? I hope we get a blizzard here when we're there lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #574
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

The TR is up and running - Come on over!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3168274

Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #575
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Shelly, I got an email about a SW sale. Have you checked the rates to see if they have changed? I looked at PIT to MCO and it looks like the lowest for January is $136 (IIRC). Is that good or bad compared to what you are paying lately?
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #576
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Shelly, I got an email about a SW sale. Have you checked the rates to see if they have changed? I looked at PIT to MCO and it looks like the lowest for January is $136 (IIRC). Is that good or bad compared to what you are paying lately?

Yeah, that was the sale I was talking about. Not much of a sale though, considering we usually pay under $100. But better than the $157 it started at this time...
Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #577
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone flown on SW lately??

If you book with them and then the price comes down later, do they still give you a credit for those funds?

Thanks
Do you have to notify SW that your price went down or will they email you a credit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You have to use the credit within one year of the date of the original purchase. By using the credit they mean actually dates of flights. So if I book a trip on May 1, 2013 and get a credit for it because of a price drop, then I have to use the credit for another trip in which the return flight is no later than April 30, 2014, or else the credit expires. At least that is how I think it goes. I hope someone can chime in if that is wrong.

This will be my first time using a credit, since I have flown with SWA for years and not known about this great policy until I came to the Dis boards.
Quote:
I hate that SW and AT have merged. Before they merged it was like they competed for the lowest fare out of Pittsburgh. They have only gone up and up and up since they merged. And they know they have us, there aren't too many other options for non-stop between PIT and MCO.

Thanks for the help!!
Ditto to flying out of PIT

Quote:

Yeah it's not the best offer, we usually prefer a room discount. But it is tempting to throw together a short winter trip and eat at some of the more expensive restaurants, paying the child's DDP price of something like $18 a day!!

The dates on my PIN are - 1/5/14-3/2/14 and 3/16/14-4/12/14
Any word if that will be the offer open to Disney VISA holders in a few weeks? Any discounts for the kids?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #578
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Do you have to notify SW that your price went down or will they email you a credit?

I'm pretty sure you have to take care of that yourself. Kind of like when you have a WDW trip booked and a special comes out, they don't automatically give it to you, you have to call and do it yourself.

Ditto to flying out of PIT

Any word if that will be the offer open to Disney VISA holders in a few weeks? Any discounts for the kids?
That is the speculation, but nothing official yet.... No discounts for kids 9 & under on that deal. It's more beneficial to families with kids over the age of 9.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: