Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly in line for RnRC right now!!

We are having a great time. Just found your PTR. Great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #32
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I'm Late, I'm Late Oh Boy am I late 3 Pages of reading to catch up on !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Shelly All caught up You are going to love The YC. We did except for SAB being so loud and busy when we were there (Memorial Day Week)

If we had not wanted to try BWI the YC would be our pick for an Epcot Resort. I can't wait to see how you all like it.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #34
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Hi Shelly in line for RnRC right now!!

We are having a great time. Just found your PTR. Great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm so jealous!!! My favorite park, my favorite ride!!

Have a great time. Glad you found the PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I'm Late, I'm Late Oh Boy am I late 3 Pages of reading to catch up on !

YAY Sheila is here!!

Quote:
Shelly All caught up You are going to love The YC. We did except for SAB being so loud and busy when we were there (Memorial Day Week)

If we had not wanted to try BWI the YC would be our pick for an Epcot Resort. I can't wait to see how you all like it.
I hope you are right and we love the YC!! I'm already expecting the SAB pool to be a madhouse. It was when we were at the BC. And with the number of rooms my agency sold at the YC & BC on the special it should be pretty dang full. I think we will be seeking out the quiet pools!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #35
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

5 WEEKS!!

Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm so jealous!!! My favorite park, my favorite ride!!

Have a great time. Glad you found the PTR.

YAY Sheila is here!!

I hope you are right and we love the YC!! I'm already expecting the SAB pool to be a madhouse. It was when we were at the BC. And with the number of rooms my agency sold at the YC & BC on the special it should be pretty dang full. I think we will be seeking out the quiet pools!
That is exactly what we did at the time we stayed at the YC there was also a hot tub near the quiet pool both of which no one seemed to use between those and TL we had no problems

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is exactly what we did at the time we stayed at the YC there was also a hot tub near the quiet pool both of which no one seemed to use between those and TL we had no problems
The quiet pools never seem to have anyone in them!! We know where the BC quiet pool is, so we'll just have to find the one at the YC. Plus we are going to TL one day. We should be okay!!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
5 WEEKS!!

Hey, us too! Except we're driving out west to Vancouver for our Alaskan cruise! And except we leave on Friday and get on the ship on Monday. But I can still dance with you!!

Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #39
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hey, us too! Except we're driving out west to Vancouver for our Alaskan cruise! And except we leave on Friday and get on the ship on Monday. But I can still dance with you!!

Wow I didn't realize your cruise was coming up so fast!! That's awesome!

We will actually arrive at the beach in 5 weeks from today, but won't get to WDW until that Monday.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #40
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Happy 5 weeks!!! Your plans sound great! can't wait to hear all the details of your beach trip. Take note of how clear the water is for me please. If it's as clear as the Bahamas, we might take a side trip over there instead of a cruise next time.

Oh, and I have sad news... I am 99% sure we care canceling our trip for October. Company cutbacks have taken away the option for DH to work any overtime this year so we just feel like we need to skip this year's trip. But... that makes me look forward to reading about your trip even more.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Here now and ready to tag along! I am excited about you guys changing it up a bit and hitting the ocean for a few days before Disney! Really hope you guys enjoy the gulf. We live about 10 hrs west of Destin and growing up we always took beach vacations. The sand is like sugar and the water is so warm. Now in saying that we actually did a similar thing last May on our Disney trip and stopped in Destin for a few nights after our Disney trip (since it was on the way home and we drove) and I think by doing the beach after Disney was a mistake because I spent the entire time thinking this was more days I could be at Disney lol! I think doing something like this BEFORE Disney is definitely the way to go! This way you still have the excitement and anticipation of Disney to look forward to. On a side note I thought it was funny that you mentioned trying to plan a Disneyland trip because I have done the same thing for two years now and always end up giving up and falling back on Disney World....which is what we know. I would LOVE to go sometime though if I can ever wrap my head around how different you have to plan for it and forget everything you know about WDW lol. Anyways sorry so long but happy to follow along! ~Jenn

Last edited by thornton0511; 07-14-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: miss type
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #42
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Happy 5 weeks!!! Your plans sound great! can't wait to hear all the details of your beach trip. Take note of how clear the water is for me please. If it's as clear as the Bahamas, we might take a side trip over there instead of a cruise next time.

Oh, and I have sad news... I am 99% sure we care canceling our trip for October. Company cutbacks have taken away the option for DH to work any overtime this year so we just feel like we need to skip this year's trip. But... that makes me look forward to reading about your trip even more.

Thanks Rinky!! I will defintely take note of how clear the water is. And pics!! Although I have never been to the Bahamas, so I don't know how clear the water is there!

I'm so sorry your trip is probably going to have to be cancelled. That really stinks. But I totally know what you are talking about. Same thing is happening at my DH's work. No more overtime. It really stinks when you are used to that income and it has been that way for years and years and then they just yank it away. It's the new way I guess - Lean Manufacturing. We are only able to continue to vacation because of my part time job at the school.

Well, maybe the TA business will work out for both of us and soon we will get our TA cards and be vacationing for half price!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Here now and ready to tag along! I am excited about you guys changing it up a bit and hitting the ocean for a few days before Disney! Really hope you guys enjoy the gulf. We live about 10 hrs west of Destin and growing up we always took beach vacations. The sand is like sugar and the water is so warm. Now in saying that we actually did a similar thing last May on our Disney trip and stopped in Destin for a few nights after our Disney trip (since it was on the way home and we drove) and I think by doing the beach after Disney was a mistake because I spent the entire time thinking this was more days I could be at Disney lol! I think doing something like this BEFORE Disney is definitely the way to go! This way you still have the excitement and anticipation of Disney to look forward to. On a side note I thought it was funny that you mentioned trying to plan a Disneyland trip because I have done the same thing for two years now and always end up giving up and falling back on Disney World....which is what we know. I would LOVE to go sometime though if I can ever wrap my head around how different you have to plan for it and forget everything you know about WDW lol. Anyways sorry so long but happy to follow along! ~Jenn
Welcome Jenn!

Yeah, we are excited about the beach!! DH and I have both been to the beach once, but never together. And the kids have never been. It will be intereting! I definitely wanted to do it before Disney, that way we know we have something coming up that we all love!

It is hard to wrap your head around a Disneyland trip, isn't it??? I'm in the process again. We are thinking about going in February for about 4 days. Airfare is out, but I just can't make myself buy it. I don't know why it is so hard! Just out of my comfort zone a bit I guess. But I really want to get out there.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #43
sjs314

Shelly Happy 5 weeks to the Beach Day!

Rinky sorry to read about your possible trip cancelation. Everything we use to buy a new car Bobs job would cut out overtime

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #44
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Thanks Sheila and Shelly! It does stink, but that's life. This economy continues to suck! But we're not broke or anything like that. We could take some money from savings and still go, but we are just afraid to do that with the economy like it is. We just don't have that sense of job security anymore that we've always had before. But that's ok because by the time we go back next year, I will have two years worth of points on my Disney Visa card! That's going to put a serious dent in what the next trip costs us!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #45
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Thanks Sheila and Shelly! It does stink, but that's life. This economy continues to suck! But we're not broke or anything like that. We could take some money from savings and still go, but we are just afraid to do that with the economy like it is. We just don't have that sense of job security anymore that we've always had before. But that's ok because by the time we go back next year, I will have two years worth of points on my Disney Visa card! That's going to put a serious dent in what the next trip costs us!
Way to look on the positive side Rinky! We are heading on this big Alaska trip and have decided we have to reign it in for a while after that. We will book onboard a dummy cruise, with the intention of going in 2015 somewhere. It's going to be tough to stay home next winter, but we might be able to do something cheaper than Disney and still get out of the cold.

5 weeks!! I can't wait to hear how you guys like the beach Shelly! Maybe that's what we'll do in March. Hmmm....Dave's sister has a condo at Cocoa Beach.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: