Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Joining in!

Welcome Meghan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I'm here!
Welcome! So glad you're here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momminnie View Post
Hi my next trip ( when ever that might be) will also be my 10th. I am planning my next trip. I just don't know when it is. Oh well I can enjoy your trip while I am planning.
Yay for trip number 10!! I'm always planning my next trip, even if I don't know exactly when it will be!

Welcome!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I'm in
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Wait. You start a PTR and don't even tell me? What the heck??!!
I realize I'm way the heck out, but send a sistah a text about it or something.

Anyway... Good morning from Cali!
I totally meant to tell you last night, but I forgot. Too many other things to talk about I guess!!

Hope you're having a great trip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I remembered from one of your previous trip reports that you had a brief write-up about a quick side trip your family made to LEGOLAND. Do you have any tips/tricks/words of advice I should be aware of. For our upcoming trip, we fly in to MCO late on Thanksgiving night, plan on staying at the Hyatt and using DCL transfers to get the to the port for our cruise on Saturday. We were thinking on that Friday we'd rent a car at the airport and go to LEGOLAND. I have no idea what to expect and know no one who has ever been there so any and all advice is appreciated. My boys are 7-years-old and love Legos and rides so I can't imagine they wouldn't love LEGOLAND.

TIA!

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
I remembered from one of your previous trip reports that you had a brief write-up about a quick side trip your family made to LEGOLAND. Do you have any tips/tricks/words of advice I should be aware of. For our upcoming trip, we fly in to MCO late on Thanksgiving night, plan on staying at the Hyatt and using DCL transfers to get the to the port for our cruise on Saturday. We were thinking on that Friday we'd rent a car at the airport and go to LEGOLAND. I have no idea what to expect and know no one who has ever been there so any and all advice is appreciated. My boys are 7-years-old and love Legos and rides so I can't imagine they wouldn't love LEGOLAND.

TIA!

Yes! We went to Legoland in late April 2012. We rented a car from the Dolphin and drove to Legoland for the day. Here is where I talk about it in that TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....926597&page=18 It starts there and goes on through the next several updates. And there is a lot of Legoland info here in my PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post44524622

Hopefully that will help you out some!

My advice.... Don't go in thinking it is Disney, because it is not. I have read several reports from people being highly disappointed and I think it's because they were going in with Disney standards. I went in hoping for a fun day for my DS who loves Lego's and that's what we got!! Get there before whatever the stated opening time is. The park was open when we got there before opening time and we got a lot done before noon. That was about the time it started to get busy. Most of the park is geared for about 12 and younger, so you should be good with 7 year olds! I recommend the pizza/pasta buffet for lunch, it is very good. And make sure to leave plenty of time to check out the huge section of Lego displays. There are some good rides, but not a ton. I don't really remember the names of them, but the ones that stick out to me are a dragon coaster, a wooden coaster, a flying school coaster, and make sure the boys do the driver training thing! There is a pretty neat pirate water stunt show and a very cool 4D Lego show too. Visit the Cypress Gardens, it is beautiful. And get some Apple Fries, very yummy!

That's about all I can think of for now. Hope it helps!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

If you have read my last TR or looked at my ticker I'm sure you have figured out where we are staying! But of course there is a story behind that.....

We LOVE the Poly!! Love it! Our absolute all time favorite WDW resort. I think we could all live there for the rest of our lives!

But, we aren't ones to stay at the same resort every single trip. We just think we would find it a bit monotonous or boring. No matter how great the resort. In fact, this is our 10th trip and this will be our 10th different WDW resort we are experiencing! We have repeated some of the resorts (actually just the Poly and CBR), but never 2X in a row. With a couple of split stays thrown in there we have now been to 9 different WDW resorts and are on our way to our 10th!! I guess we just figure that since we vacation at the same place every year that we need to do something to keep each experience different and new!

So here is our big WDW resort list, in order of when we stayed at them:
CBR
POFQ
CSR
CBR
POR/OKW
BWI
CBR/Poly
BC
GF/Poly

Now, if you want them in order of favorite to least favorite it would go more like this:
Poly
CBR
BWI
POR
GF
OKW
POFQ
BC
CSR

And the tenth trip will take us to the Yacht Club!! But not really by choice.

When we left WDW on our last trip – December 2012, we were booked on a bounceback at the BWI at 35% off. We had just stayed at the Poly and decided that we would likely stay there on every other trip from now on. That's a big commitment from us, considering we said we would never do such a thing!! So we were set on an Epcot resort for this summer's trip. We had previously stayed at the BWI and the BC. We really enjoyed our stay at the BWI, but not so much at the BC. We had some room issues that never were addressed and made right by us until we got home and we just didn't love the overall feel to the resort and the craziness at the SAB pool. Knowing that the YC shares the SAB pool with the BC, it was a no brainer to book the BWI. At 35% off it was the best deal we would ever get, right?

Well, one would think. But about a month after we got back I just happened upon a thread on here that was telling about this travel agency (the agency that I happen to work for now!) that was offering some super great deals at some WDW deluxe resorts from about mid August through Labor Day week. So I went to their website and put in for a quote. And I about fell over when it came back. It was more like 50% off the room, plus 10% off park tix, plus free tix for Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, or Disney Quest. When all was said and done it was like I would be getting my park tix for free, compared to what I was booked at with the BB. But of course, there was a catch. The special wasn't available at all of the resorts. And, not at the BWI. Okay, so the heck with not staying at the same resort twice – let's do the Poly again!! But nope, not available there either. It was the BC, YC, or the GF.

The GF was more money of course, but still a super great deal. But, we had just stayed there and with the construction still going on we just aren't interested in going back right away. The BC was out. So, that left the YC!

I wasn't too excited about this, but the over $900 I was going to save on the room & tix was enough to get me excited about the YC! So we are very hopeful that we get a decent and clean room at the YC, with a nice view and that the pool isn't a complete madhouse all the time!

Moving on.................

After much research I decided that going to the Gulf was a better option for us than the East Coast. Nicer, calmer beaches and nicer resorts. Then it was onto deciding where to stay. And I soon found out that there was a reason the Gulf Coast resorts were nicer – the price!! I found a resort that I instantly fell in love with, but sure didn't love the price. About $800 for 2 nights in a Gulf Front room.

So I was bummed. Yes, we had just saved over $900 on our WDW trip, but I didn't want to spend it all on 2 measly nights at the beach. We still had to get a rental car, pay for food, shopping, and other expenses that come along with the beach. So I joined their 'preferred guest' club and waited it out. The dang thing sent me specials for everywhere under the sun, even other countries! But nothing for their Clearwater Beach property.

Then finally one day in April, there it was – a Flash Florida Sale!!! 40% off! So I booked!!

After much thought, I have decided not to say where we are staying at when we are at the beach. Just for safety reasons. I know I always say where we are staying at Disney, but I guess I just figure Disney is huge and so are the resorts and we are in & out so much that it would be hard for someone to track us down while we are there. I'm not paranoid or anything, just had a bad experience once.

I promise to report all about it when we get back though!!

So there you have it, our resorts are booked!

Up Next: Travel Dates and Transportation

Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!

mari360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Mari!!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I totally agree on not telling where you are staying...I really hate telling for Disney too,..but I guess we have that false sense of security! We are, as you know, going to the YC in Nov and it's our first trip to that resort after several BC stays....so I expect a full report sister!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I totally agree on not telling where you are staying...I really hate telling for Disney too,..but I guess we have that false sense of security! We are, as you know, going to the YC in Nov and it's our first trip to that resort after several BC stays....so I expect a full report sister!!!

Good, I'm glad it's not just me then!! I was worried everyone would think I was paranoid! I had it all typed out about where we are staying and everything and then I thought -- this is the sort of thing I am always telling DS14 NOT to do! Oh well, it will just have to be a surprise for my readers when we get back!

I know, I don't know why we all think we are so safe at WDW.

You got it -- full YC report as soon as I get back!! I'm really hoping to only have good things to report!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #25
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

I don't think your weird for not saying where you are staying. You have to be safe. Can't wait to read more of your ptr!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

mari360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the information on LEGOLAND. I think my boys will enjoy it. We don't really have any expectations for our day trip there. We were just looking for something fun to do for the day before we board the Fantasy. We thought this would be the perfect fit for our family since I'd have a hard time giving up a day while vacationing at Disney - when I'm at Disney I hate leaving the "bubble" and venturing out into the "real world". I also have two "buy an adult ticket, child gets in for free" coupons so I'm okay with spending the money to go there because the boys will be free.

I hope you enjoy your trip to the Yacht Club. I'm sorry you didn't like your stay at the Beach Club - we stayed there last summer and loved it. Hopefully you'll have a better experience at YC. I'm excited to hear what you think about it. We are contemplating staying there for an upcoming trip.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #27
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
I don't think your weird for not saying where you are staying. You have to be safe. Can't wait to read more of your ptr!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks Mari!! Lots more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Thank you so much for the information on LEGOLAND. I think my boys will enjoy it. We don't really have any expectations for our day trip there. We were just looking for something fun to do for the day before we board the Fantasy. We thought this would be the perfect fit for our family since I'd have a hard time giving up a day while vacationing at Disney - when I'm at Disney I hate leaving the "bubble" and venturing out into the "real world". I also have two "buy an adult ticket, child gets in for free" coupons so I'm okay with spending the money to go there because the boys will be free.

I hope you enjoy your trip to the Yacht Club. I'm sorry you didn't like your stay at the Beach Club - we stayed there last summer and loved it. Hopefully you'll have a better experience at YC. I'm excited to hear what you think about it. We are contemplating staying there for an upcoming trip.

I think you will have a great day at Legoland! And then of course on the Fantasy! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

I hope we enjoy the YC too. Hopefully what happened at the BC was just a fluke!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Wait. You start a PTR and don't even tell me? What the heck??!!
I realize I'm way the heck out, but send a sistah a text about it or something.

Anyway... Good morning from Cali!
I KNOW!!! (In my best Monica voice)

You would think, right? I'm just ticked because I didn't make Page 1.

I could be wrong, but I bet there are people who PM their friends when they start a TR.

How's California? I've been wondering where you were!

Last edited by T*Bird; 07-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

OK, now that I've got that off my chest.......I'm in!

I can't believe your trip is almost here! If I remember correctly, you really liked your last August trip, right? Pretty good weather and crowds?

Way to go with landing that great deal! You really know your stuff. I've always throught the YC looked nice - I hope it turns out to be at the top of your list.

I'm really excited for y'all to be going to the beach. I don't now anything about Clearwater, but if it's anything like the Panhandle, it'll be wonderful! Be sure to go to a Wal-Mart when you get there to buy Boogie Boards! Of course, then you couldn't bring them home, so maybe that's not a good idea.

I love how you always plan something new for each trip. It really makes for a different trip every year.

Looking forward to reading more!
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
I KNOW!!! (In my best Monica voice)

You would think, right? I'm just ticked because I didn't make Page 1.

I could be wrong, but I bet there are people who PM their friends when they start a TR.

How's California? I've been wondering where you were!

Exactly what I was trying to avoid being -- the person who forces people to read their TR!! Of course, maybe if I did that I would have pages and pages of readers by now!!

Forgive me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
OK, now that I've got that off my chest.......I'm in!

I can't believe your trip is almost here! If I remember correctly, you really liked your last August trip, right? Pretty good weather and crowds?

Way to go with landing that great deal! You really know your stuff. I've always throught the YC looked nice - I hope it turns out to be at the top of your list.

I'm really excited for y'all to be going to the beach. I don't now anything about Clearwater, but if it's anything like the Panhandle, it'll be wonderful! Be sure to go to a Wal-Mart when you get there to buy Boogie Boards! Of course, then you couldn't bring them home, so maybe that's not a good idea.

I love how you always plan something new for each trip. It really makes for a different trip every year.

Looking forward to reading more!

Yes! We absolutely loved our last August trip. It was near perfect!!

I just hope things go well at the beach and at the YC!

IDK about the boogie boards!!

Thanks for joining!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: