Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #151
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I am really fighting the urge to pack today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who know me well you know that by 3 weeks out I am usually mostly packed. But it's so hard right now because we are wearing all of the clothes that will likely be coming with us.

It's so much easier to pack for a winter, fall, or spring trip when it is cooler here and I can get all our warm weather clothes packed way in advance!

I don't normally pack far in advance (unless it's off season stuff) but I'm going to start with some piles this weekend. I have to set aside the stuff I don't need, some travel items and stuff like gloves/hats and fleece for Alaska.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #152
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about the packing problem. Unfortunately, I will always have to deal with that b/c our weather here is about the same as Florida's all the time. So no matter when we go, I can't seem to pack early. I know that's killing you though the way you like to be done weeks in advance!

We haven't been on the new TT yet. It reopened about a week after our trip last year so I don't know what it's like. I watched a video of it on youtube but it was so dark that I couldn't tell anything about it. I didn't get the feeling I was going to like it much though. It seemed like they took all the theming away which is just odd to me??? Maybe they call a bunch of neon lights theming, but I don't.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #153
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I am really fighting the urge to pack today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who know me well you know that by 3 weeks out I am usually mostly packed. But it's so hard right now because we are wearing all of the clothes that will likely be coming with us.

It's so much easier to pack for a winter, fall, or spring trip when it is cooler here and I can get all our warm weather clothes packed way in advance!

Epcot We keep talking about going to US and staying at PBR I am in love with it and twice now I have gotten a pin for 40% off but Disney keeps me coming back because of Epcot. I think your plans sound great

Funny you should mention packing I was in Target yesterday and picked up gum to put in my tote for the plan ride last year I forgot to bring any so we just had to keep swallowing to prevent the ear popping

It is hard to pack when your wearing what you need to pack. I'm waiting on the good aka "cheap" summer sales to pick up a few things for the trip. Nothing was reduced much yesterday at Target.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #154
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I can't believe you haven't started packing yet!! Not even the dresses thrown into a bag??!?!? Incidentals?!?! Toiletries?!?!? Dang girl!

Well we know I don't have that problem. I wait so that I can freak out and run around yelling and crying.
Eh, it's what I do.

I've been in the bed w a migraine all day. Lucky me. Chicken noodle for supper on a Friday night doesn't seem quite my speed!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #155
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I don't normally pack far in advance (unless it's off season stuff) but I'm going to start with some piles this weekend. I have to set aside the stuff I don't need, some travel items and stuff like gloves/hats and fleece for Alaska.
I normally start packing over a month in advance!! It used to be more!!

I guess it would be easy to pack for Alaska this time of year! What will the temperature be like there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I know what you mean about the packing problem. Unfortunately, I will always have to deal with that b/c our weather here is about the same as Florida's all the time. So no matter when we go, I can't seem to pack early. I know that's killing you though the way you like to be done weeks in advance!

We haven't been on the new TT yet. It reopened about a week after our trip last year so I don't know what it's like. I watched a video of it on youtube but it was so dark that I couldn't tell anything about it. I didn't get the feeling I was going to like it much though. It seemed like they took all the theming away which is just odd to me??? Maybe they call a bunch of neon lights theming, but I don't.
I never thought of that, your weather is pretty similar to FL most of the year.

You're not missing much on TT. I think the track is the same, just the theming is different. And not for the better. Plus the whole create your own car design before the ride... yeah, not really my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Epcot We keep talking about going to US and staying at PBR I am in love with it and twice now I have gotten a pin for 40% off but Disney keeps me coming back because of Epcot. I think your plans sound great

Funny you should mention packing I was in Target yesterday and picked up gum to put in my tote for the plan ride last year I forgot to bring any so we just had to keep swallowing to prevent the ear popping

It is hard to pack when your wearing what you need to pack. I'm waiting on the good aka "cheap" summer sales to pick up a few things for the trip. Nothing was reduced much yesterday at Target.
I want to go to US and stay at PBR too!! Maybe next year. I never get a PIN though. What's the secret to getting a PIN from them??

I don't think I could ever give up WDW for US though. Maybe just shorten WDW a few days to go there.

I have "gum for the plane" written on my grocery list right now! The only time I ever buy gum!

Summer clothes should be going on clearance pretty soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I can't believe you haven't started packing yet!! Not even the dresses thrown into a bag??!?!? Incidentals?!?! Toiletries?!?!? Dang girl!

Well we know I don't have that problem. I wait so that I can freak out and run around yelling and crying.
Eh, it's what I do.

I've been in the bed w a migraine all day. Lucky me. Chicken noodle for supper on a Friday night doesn't seem quite my speed!

I know!!

I actually started on the toiletries today!! They are all packed and in their proper ziplock bags and have been moved from the bathroom linen closet to my desk in my bedroom - where I do my packing!

Well, no trip of yours would be complete without a Freak Out Friday!!!

Sorry about the migraine. Hope you feel better soon.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #156
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

In Alaska most of our ports will be around 60 degrees. Might get lucky and get a little warmer. It will feel like fall! Today it was cold here, so it's like we were being prepared!

Sorry about your migraine Jo. Hope you feel better soon!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #157
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
In Alaska most of our ports will be around 60 degrees. Might get lucky and get a little warmer. It will feel like fall! Today it was cold here, so it's like we were being prepared!

Sorry about your migraine Jo. Hope you feel better soon!
Well 60 isn't too bad! Hopefully you will have some days a little warmer!

It has cooled down here too. Temps in the 70's feel freezing after temps in the 90's for weeks!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #158
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Well I am super late to the party! But joining in anyway...

Cant wait to hear all about your YC stay...If we do happen to do a split stay..which we always say we are doing but dont end up doing..??? LOL...It would be a YC/GF split...

Skimmed and see that there is talk of packing...I like to be an early packer...but its very hard to pack for a summer trip in the summer...The week before...I am usually digging out strange "house" clothes to wear!

Ok going back to really catch up! Always enjoy your preTRs and TRs...

BlueSkies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #159
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Well I am super late to the party! But joining in anyway...

Cant wait to hear all about your YC stay...If we do happen to do a split stay..which we always say we are doing but dont end up doing..??? LOL...It would be a YC/GF split...

Skimmed and see that there is talk of packing...I like to be an early packer...but its very hard to pack for a summer trip in the summer...The week before...I am usually digging out strange "house" clothes to wear!

Ok going back to really catch up! Always enjoy your preTRs and TRs...

I'm glad you joined us!!

I'll definitely give you my honest opinion on the YC and how it compares to the GF when we get back.

Yes!! I am dying to pack!! But I'm afraid it's going to have to wait until the week before. And then yes, I will be wearing ugly 'house clothes'!!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #160
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly I'm all caught up.

We got in this afternoon and I miss it already.

Your plans look great. I can't believe you haven't seen the American Adventure. I love that show and the ending always makes me cry. My kids think I'm nuts! Lol. If you get a chance go see it. Voices of Liberty sing about 15 min. Before- they are fantastic!!

I am so curious to hear how this whole magic band and FP+ works. It is all kinda scary to me. We are FP experts now and I'm afraid to try something new.
I was so surprised you got them shipped to you ahead of time- wow!

While we were there I did see rides that had FP+ lines that never had FP before it was so weird.

We wanted the boys to try Sum of all thrills this time too. We have also been meaning to try it for a few years now. The line was always a little to long for them to want to wait. I'm sure if they new what it was like maybe they would wait. We just need to time it right sometime.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #161
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post

Yum! Love Garden Grill! Sorry your son is being a typical teenager, but he has excellent taste in restaurants! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Garden Grill is a family fave!!
and yes my son does have good taste in restaurants. I should say expensive taste lol!!! He was so upset that Cali Grill wasn't open this trip. We promised him we would eat there in October.
His other new favorite from this trip is Ohana.
He could be difficult about being there, but the smile on his face when he took a pic w/ Chip & Dale is priceless!! You'd never guess he was a 16 yo. Lol. I really need to learn how to post pics!!

February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #162
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Hi Shelly I'm all caught up.

We got in this afternoon and I miss it already.

Your plans look great. I can't believe you haven't seen the American Adventure. I love that show and the ending always makes me cry. My kids think I'm nuts! Lol. If you get a chance go see it. Voices of Liberty sing about 15 min. Before- they are fantastic!!

I am so curious to hear how this whole magic band and FP+ works. It is all kinda scary to me. We are FP experts now and I'm afraid to try something new.
I was so surprised you got them shipped to you ahead of time- wow!

While we were there I did see rides that had FP+ lines that never had FP before it was so weird.

We wanted the boys to try Sum of all thrills this time too. We have also been meaning to try it for a few years now. The line was always a little to long for them to want to wait. I'm sure if they new what it was like maybe they would wait. We just need to time it right sometime.

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice trip!!

You are right - we really should try to see the American Adventure this time.

So which rides had FP lines that didn't used to??

Yeah, it will all be very interesting. Hoping it all works out!

I wonder when a good time to do Sum of all Thrills would be?? I'm not willing to go straight there at rope drop and then have to wait in a long Soarin line later!! So, maybe we'll try it in the evening sometime. I know afternoons are always busy there, at least from our experience.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #163
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Who wants to talk about Disney's Hollywood Studios today??? I know I do!!

I just love everything about this park! The rides, the shows, the atmosphere, all of it!

Rides/Attractions we love at DHS:
Rock N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (DS14 & I)
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (DS14 & I)
Toy Story Mania
Backlot Tour
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours
Muppet Vision 3D
Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
The Great Movie Ride

Rides/Attractions we like and sometimes do at DHS:
The Magic of Disney Animation
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Fantasmic

Rides/Attractions we have never done at DHS:
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
American Idol

We have seen the Osborne Lights on 3 trips and they are awesome!! But, we will be a little early for those this year.

I would like to see Fantasmic this trip. We haven't seen it since January 2009. But, with a shortened WDW trip because of the few days at the beach, we will only get to DHS one time, so I don't know if Fantasmic is in the cards for us this time or not.

Up Next: Are there any AK Plans??

Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #164
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I still can't believe you haven't seen that B&tB show! What am I going to have to do to get you in there?? That is one of our very favorites in all of WDW, so it blows my mind that you've been so many times and haven't seen it yet. You gotta get those boys in there! It will help balance out all those testosterone overload attractions at HS!

We've never done American Idol either. Not even sure what that's all about???? We don't watch the show so I doubt it would interest us.

We don't do Fantasmic every time either. We've seen it twice. I like it, but it's a bit of a hassle to get there early, stand in line forever, and then deal with the masses after it's over, so once every few years is enough.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we are actually considering taking our trip after all. Believe it or not, my DH is the one who doesn't want to let it go. I thought we were settled on canceling, but then he told me not to at the last minute. He said we should think about it some more. Anyway, we have talked and talked about it (again... ) and he really wants to go. I was actually ok with canceling it (well I had accepted it anyway), but he's the insistent one. Who knew five years ago when I dragged him on our first trip, that he would turn out to be an addict like me! Anyway, we have until Aug. 17th to make a final decision because after that, I can't get my deposit back on the cruise. So... the saga continues!

I can't believe your trip is practically here though! This summer has absolutely flown by!!!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #165
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you haven't seen B&tb either!! It is so good. We dragged the boys there a couple years ago.

You need to get there this trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: