Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
CathiVee
Earning My Ears

CB or a Port Orleans? Also another random question..

Hey ya'll! So I am super excited to say I will be in Disney in less than a month BUT I am also having some confusion so I was hoping all you experts out there could assist

So it will be me, my BF, my mom, and my grandmother going to Disney. We are going to do one park a day (on the last day, my BF will be golfing and the rest of us are going to AK). We would all be staying in the same room. We are going July 31st - Aug 3rd.

We were thinking of staying at Buena Vista Palace...since it is walking distance of DTD, much cheaper than most Disney resorts, and we stayed there last year and had a great stay. I was thinking of perhaps staying at a Disney resort this year, though, since I really want to experience ALL of the resorts one day

I found on Mousesavers that it seems like Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans French Quarter, and Port Orleans Riverside would all be about $20-30 more a night, which I think would be worth it since it is a Disney resort. I am thinking maybe we should switch to one of those...but which one would you choose? We are planning on doing at least 1-2 dinners in DTD and think it is necessary to use the Disney transportation buses. We will have a car, but prefer the buses to parking. I believe the resorts all have buses anyway but...

Which combo of atmosphere, comfort, and value would you guys choose?

Also, random follow-up question...my mom wants to know which (if any) resort is the one with the gondola in it?

TIA

2013: Buena Vista Palace with BF, mom, and Abuela 2012: Buena Vista Palace, Girls Getaway with Mama Bear 2010: Coronado Springs Resort with the fam
2006: All Star Music Resort, High School Senior class trip First trip to Disney: 1990: When I was a little babe
CathiVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Since there will be 4 adult size people in your group, I'd omit CBR from your list. As much as I love the resort, the beds are doubles, not queens like the other mods. Amenities at most of the rest of the mod resorts are comparable. POFQ is the smallest and doesn't have quiet pools like the others. Transportation is good at all of them. If ease of getting to and from DTD is important, I'd look closely at either of the Port Orleans resorts because of the boat that goes to and from DTD.

I am not aware of any resort on property that has gondolas. The only one I know of is in Vegas.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I would choose one of the PO resorts because with 4 adults 2 queens would be better then full size beds that BR has. Plus you have the option of taking a boat to DTD. No resort has any gondola type boats.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I would stay at Port Orleans Riverside. It's our favorites Mod. Resort!! It really is the best mod. resort IMO.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Port Orleans. We have stayed at both POFQ and POR and love them both. We are family of 4 (3 adults and one 11 yo) and the queen size beds are a must!n

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

chrisc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POFQ a few years ago, and I loved the looks of POR so we stayed there last time. I loved them both, but POR was my favorite. I loved the scenic walks back at night. We've stayed at CBR, too, but POR is my favorite. We were in Parterre Place, and it looks like a long walk to the lobby/bus stop, but it really wasn't. And the boats to DTD are very nice!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Check out www.portorleans.org for tons if info if you haven't already done that. DH & I just went twice in April & loved it. Had preferred rooms in Alligator Bayou so it was close to everything.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Lkbigmama
Earning My Ears

Stay away from Port Orleans!

Just got back last night stayed at port orleans riverside! Worst hotel ever! None of the refrigerators work. Something about a recall but they will offer you to store your things in their fridge, you just have to take the mile walk to get there. Or they will offer you an extra ice bucket. In addition to this our A/c broke. They fixed it but had to live with soaking wet floors for 3 days until they brought an extractor. Then, it started to smell. No offer to switch rooms or apology until our 7th day and last and formal letter to guest relations. Manager Virginia rude and unprofessional. Offered no compensation. Stay away! Everyone at the food out was complaining about one thing or another?
Lkbigmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caribbean beach, french quarter, port orleans, resort, riverside

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: