Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Seattle to Vancouver it is easy!

I just got home from Seattle and thought I would give insight on how to get from Seattle to Vancouver. I flew SW from florida and spent the night with some friends in Ballard. I took the light rail to Westlake and it was a cheap $ 2.75 the next am I was dropped at Amtrak at 630 am. It was sort of confusing which line to stand in but found out I needed to drop my bag off first. Make sure you have a ticket and not a receipt. I then got inline for business class. I got a AAA rate of $57 for business class coach class was going for $29 this train did sell out. I asked to sit on the left side which is the water side. You also get a voucher for food of $3 and get off early and have free wifi. You board at 720 am and they stop bags @ 700am. So don't be late! We left exactly at 740am and made several stops on the way there is no time to get off. The line for food was quite longs but took about. 20 min. You can only buy breakfast items no hamburgers or clam chowder. As you get close to the boarder you will be asked to show your passport and are given a customs form. The majority of the trip you will hug the coast line. I was traveling by myself as I was meeting people in Vancouver so I had a single seat. Business class had large bathrooms in each car. Once in Vancouver customs clears each car while all the bags are unloaded next to the fence line and then they will tell you when it is cleared to get off. Customs was at the entrance to the terminal and took less than a minute. Being from North America they will not stamp your passport unless you ask. I was staying at the Pan Pacific so I took a Taxi as I was tired of lugging my duffle and carryon. The cost was $10. If you are going out of Vancouver spend the extra money and stay at the Pan Pacific the cost for 2 nights was $ 566. Pricy I know but most of everything close to the cruise terminal was over $200. The cruise terminal is right at the Pan Pacific! If you have an ocean view room you will see either the Wonder or another cruise ship outside your room on boarding day! The am of the cruise you go to the ground floor and you are there. Bell services will take your bags and deliver them to the ship. On the return I took Quick Shuttle back to Seattle which was the exact cost of the train. The train for the return does not have a am train but one that leaves around 630pm. I made sure I had first tags off which on this cruise was Ariel. I went to guest services early on Sat to make sure. I left the ship at the end of self debarkation which was around. 820 am as soon as I got off I picked up my knife and went to customs and saw my bag and a minute or so later they opened it so I could get my bag as self debarkation was still going on. The bus was to leave at 9am. This was a non issue. I made it on plenty of time. We stopped at customs where you had to take all your carry on's off and go through customs with it. The bags did not. There is a snack and candy machine in there too. We reached downtown before 1pm and were at sea tack by 1pm. If you are flying out of Seattle go early! The line for SW was long as was security.all in all my planes and train experience was great and I can't wait to go back. I would do Alaska again in a second. My Alaska cruise was cheaper than a 7 day Fantasy cruise!
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the details. For baggage pick up at the Pan Pacific, did you just call the front desk? Do they give you a receipt of some kind? Would it be OK to tip the porter with US dollars?
Thanks
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Yes you call bell services and you do not get a receipt the bags were well tagged. You can pay in either us or Canadian. I had some Canadian coins left over so I gave that. There is a tunnel under the Pan that has a food court so I had gotten change from them and used that. Also when you check in your bags are sent to your room at the Pan they arrived within a few minutes of me getting into the room. It worked out great.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

How many bags did you have in the Quick Shuttle with you?
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I had 2 bags that were stowed in the belly of the bus and then my hand caryons were on the inside of the bus with me. I had my DCl back pack and my purse. Customs took 10 -15 for the entire bus. The web site said we would arrive at seatack at 140pm it was close to a little befor 1pm when we got there. It was not as big of a hassle as I thought it would be.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Thanks, I was worried about being able to take the shuttle w/luggage.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

thank you

Thanks for the information. We are going in May and the information for everyone will be great.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information.

Looks like I was right and I will not be able to fly out until Tuesday unless Southwest changes their flight schedules. the last flight is 2:30pm and that seems too close to the arrival times for the shuttle.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: