Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Hi,

I didn't see a thread for this cruise yet, so I thought I'd put one out there. My DD and I just got off the Fantasy a week ago which was our first cruise and LOVED it!! We had so much fun I booked this one while on board. Thought we'd do a different ship and itinerary, and since it's only a 4 night probably tack on a few days at WDW before hand. I am hoping to meet others over the next year who are going on this cruise!

Our Group:
puppytrainer w/dd9
katieisawesome w/df and family
docborg98 w/friends x 2
dizzydee70 w/dh, dd, & aunt
SageFemme w/ dd9 (10 on cruise)
luvdis28 w/family
Groves4Disney w/dh, ds4, dd2
bmk5380 w/family
cstorm65 w/dw, ds2
Sla2002 w/dh, dd7, dd5, dd5, dd5
ccommarf w/dh, ds5, ds1
computer blonde w/dh, dc13, dc7, dc5, dc1, grandparents x 2
ajrwdwgirl w/dh
dis220
Mcdaugherty w/family
efilmore w/dd

Me DD (10)

1999-Port Orleans ~ 2009-Pop Century ~ 2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2013-Disney Fantasy-Western Caribbean ~ 2014-AKL/Disney Dream-Bahamas/BCV

Last edited by puppytrainer; 02-27-2014 at 07:14 PM.
puppytrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
katieisawesome
Earning My Ears

Hurray!

Hello! My fiance and I are going to be on this cruise with some family, we're getting married on it! We are so excited to meet other DIS members. This is his first time cruising and both of us have never cruised with Disney before!
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Yea! That is so exciting! I look forward to talking with you and everyone else over the next year. I think I'll make a list in the first post so we can keep track of everyone who will be joining us.

Less than a year!

Me DD (10)

1999-Port Orleans ~ 2009-Pop Century ~ 2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2013-Disney Fantasy-Western Caribbean ~ 2014-AKL/Disney Dream-Bahamas/BCV
Old 07-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Hi. DH and I will be on this cruise. It will be our 6th Disney cruise. Looking forward to it.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Hi. DH and I will be on this cruise. It will be our 6th Disney cruise. Looking forward to it.
Woo hoo! Glad you joined the group

Me DD (10)

Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
docborg98
Earning My Ears

Booked today

My husband and I got off of the Disney Magic a week ago. We were on the 12 night Mediterranean with stops in Greece and Turkey. Wow was that amazing. While on board he suggested a girls cruise for me and two of my closest friends. I booked this cruise for us today. This will be my 4th Disney Cruise and I am a Disney Vacation Club Member. I could not be happier and cannot wait too share the fun of a Disney cruise with them. On this last cruise I learned about these Dis boards, the magnets on the door and fish extenders. I felt a bit late on the pick up but look forward to talking with all of you over the next 10 months.
Sincerely,
Christine
docborg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docborg98 View Post
My husband and I got off of the Disney Magic a week ago. We were on the 12 night Mediterranean with stops in Greece and Turkey. Wow was that amazing. While on board he suggested a girls cruise for me and two of my closest friends. I booked this cruise for us today. This will be my 4th Disney Cruise and I am a Disney Vacation Club Member. I could not be happier and cannot wait too share the fun of a Disney cruise with them. On this last cruise I learned about these Dis boards, the magnets on the door and fish extenders. I felt a bit late on the pick up but look forward to talking with all of you over the next 10 months.
Sincerely,
Christine
Welcome to the cruise, and welcome to the boards!! I've found so much useful info and very helpful people over the last several years, I hope you do too.

Me DD (10)

Old 08-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
docborg98
Earning My Ears

New to the Boards

I am gradually getting the hang of them, I think. I do not find the site as easily navigable as I would hope. Want to learn more about magnets and fish extenders too. My last cruise was my third but it was funny because I was so out of the loop in terms of all of this stuff. Thank you for the welcome. I am very excited about the trip. I am bringing two of my closest girl friends who have never been on a cruise at all. We will be the crazy ones having a blast.
Christine
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
docborg98
Earning My Ears

How exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieisawesome View Post
Hello! My fiance and I are going to be on this cruise with some family, we're getting married on it! We are so excited to meet other DIS members. This is his first time cruising and both of us have never cruised with Disney before!
Katie (I assume that is your name given the post lol - I am excited for you. How awesome to be getting married on the cruise. We will cheer for you every time we see you onboard. Happy planning over the next 10 months.

Christine
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
dizzydee70
Earning My Ears

Hi all

Hello everyone. This will be my DH and myselfs second cruise but this time we will be bring our daughter and my aunt this will be their first cruise. This will be our daughters graduation trip. We went on this same trip this last year. We had the greatest time. We loved our cruise group and we had the most fun with our FE group. Hope we will have another group on this cruise. Hope to see you all on the cruise.
dizzydee70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #12
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydee70 View Post
Hello everyone. This will be my DH and myselfs second cruise but this time we will be bring our daughter and my aunt this will be their first cruise. This will be our daughters graduation trip. We went on this same trip this last year. We had the greatest time. We loved our cruise group and we had the most fun with our FE group. Hope we will have another group on this cruise. Hope to see you all on the cruise.
Welcome!

Me DD (10)

Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
docborg98
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Although this will be my 4th cruise with Disney, I just learned about the magnets and fish extenders. How does this work? I want to participate on this cruise. Thank you!
Christine

Holland America to Alaska 2004 & 2006 when Disney partnered with them (used my DVC points)
Disney Magic January 2008 to Caribbean
Disney Magic January 2010 to Caribbean
Disney Magic July 2013 to Mediterranean
Old 08-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docborg98 View Post
Although this will be my 4th cruise with Disney, I just learned about the magnets and fish extenders. How does this work? I want to participate on this cruise. Thank you!
Christine
There are a couple threads on the Cruise board for Dis members who are willing to create magnets specifically for cruising. These can not be bought/sold and they do this out of the goodness of their hearts which is really awesome. There is also a whole board of Creative DISigners and I'm sure some of them do cruise stuff as well. Simply look through there designs (each thread has examples or links) and put in a request for what you'd like.

As far as fish extenders (FE) there are a couple threads on the cruise board which go into detail so I'll refer you there (I'll try to find them and post the links), but in a nutshell, as we get closer and have a more defined group, we can see how many cabins are interested in participating in a FE exchange. It's a voluntary thing, not everyone participates, but many do. You would be responsible for providing your own FE. Then you will receive a list of all the cabins in our group that wish to participate and who is in that cabin. Then it's up to you to decide what you'd like to give out for FE gifts. Some people give out a gift for the cabin as a whole, some give out something for each person in the cabin, some people make their gifts, some buy something...it's all up to you. Then during the cruise you go deliver your gifts to each of the cabins on the list and others will do the same. Most nights you come back to your cabin to a nice surprise!! I hope that gives you a general idea of how it works.

Me DD (10)

Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

A few magnet and FE threads

Cruise magnet threads on the Cruise board -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060728

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103709

The DISigns board - http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...prune=30&f=105

FE thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&highlight=fe

There are others for both categories, but this should get you started.

Me DD (10)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: