Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #451
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

has anyone heard if the contemporary resort will have the RapidFill running by sept i will be staying there in 2 weeks ?
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #452
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
has anyone heard if the contemporary resort will have the RapidFill running by sept i will be staying there in 2 weeks ?
I have not heard any specific schedule. All the locations have the fill stations already, and it sounds like every few days another resort is selling the mugs, but I've only heard of them being active at the All-Stars yet.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #453
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Interesting data point...Universal is using the Freestyle machines with the VersaFill technology. $10.99 for a souvenir cup with unlimited refills in the park it was purchased in, until they close the fill stations around the park around 30 minutes prior to closing. I did not think to test if there is a refill lockout time.

Also interesting - they offered no "single fill" or short term options. So while Mel's Drive-In had three Freestyle machines, you could only use them with the souvenir cups. If you wanted a single soda, it was given to you the old fashioned way.
They have the Freestyle Coke machines on some of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships. I was on Oasis of the Seas back in January and I loved it!

I think it would be eat if Disney had these machines. That way there's the different flavours of Coke, Sprite, etc.

I thought I saw somewhere Disney has them but I misread it and it must have been for Universal.
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #454
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have not heard any specific schedule. All the locations have the fill stations already, and it sounds like every few days another resort is selling the mugs, but I've only heard of them being active at the All-Stars yet.
okay i guess i will just end up buying it and go over to the all star to check it out..
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #455
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
They have the Freestyle Coke machines on some of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships. I was on Oasis of the Seas back in January and I loved it!

I think it would be eat if Disney had these machines. That way there's the different flavours of Coke, Sprite, etc.

I thought I saw somewhere Disney has them but I misread it and it must have been for Universal.
Yup, we discussed the freestyle machines on RC earlier They are using the exact same technology from the same vendor. I hear they have a 15 minute wait period between fills...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #456
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yup, we discussed the freestyle machines on RC earlier They are using the exact same technology from the same vendor. I hear they have a 15 minute wait period between fills...
I didn't know it was from the same vendor......

I do like the Freestyle machines....
Old 08-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #457
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
I didn't know it was from the same vendor......

I do like the Freestyle machines....
Just to clarify - the RFID system is from the same vendor, fitted to the Freestyle dispensers instead of their stock dispensers.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #458
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just to clarify - the RFID system is from the same vendor, fitted to the Freestyle dispensers instead of their stock dispensers.
Ok that makes more sense
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #459
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Any news on wether there is a timelock?

That would greatly impact the overall " smell" to the new system
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #460
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

The new dispensers are mouse click adjustable. Disney can change the program, rules, length of valid refill time, number of ounces dispensed, and timelock (what ever that is).

I expect that they may extend the program to the water parks and other parks in the future. They may tie the machines to the Magic Bands and KTTW cards so you never have to buy a mug from a CM. I can also see Disney selling larger "special edition limited time celebration magical" mugs.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #461
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

If you are talking about time between fills, yes. It appears to be between 2 and 2 and a half minutes, and seems to vary according to some unknown parameters.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #462
Andrew015
WL Guru

Shot a call yesterday to WL Guest Services desk to ask what the plan was for handling folks with “Forever Mugs” (flame suit ON for even asking the question…). The CM that I spoke with wasn’t even aware that the Forever Mugs existed, so she put me on hold while she made some calls. After a few minutes, she came back on the line. I was told that there was currently no plan in place, but that if I brought my F.M. back with me, I could ask to speak to a guest relations manager to see if they would comp me an RFID mug for my length of stay. She said this wasn’t a guarantee and would depend on the manager, but because no formal plan had been put in place as of yet, this was all that she could offer me at this time. I asked if this meant forking over the F.M. as an exchange, and she could not answer that question, either. So in summary, this doesn’t give the F.M. crowd much more information than we previously had, but I thought I would share my experience for other inquiring minds.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #463
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you are talking about time between fills, yes. It appears to be between 2 and 2 and a half minutes, and seems to vary according to some unknown parameters.
Hmmm...that seems ok...we'll see

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #464
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Shot a call yesterday to WL Guest Services desk to ask what the plan was for handling folks with “Forever Mugs” (flame suit ON for even asking the question…). The CM that I spoke with wasn’t even aware that the Forever Mugs existed, so she put me on hold while she made some calls. After a few minutes, she came back on the line. I was told that there was currently no plan in place, but that if I brought my F.M. back with me, I could ask to speak to a guest relations manager to see if they would comp me an RFID mug for my length of stay. She said this wasn’t a guarantee and would depend on the manager, but because no formal plan had been put in place as of yet, this was all that she could offer me at this time. I asked if this meant forking over the F.M. as an exchange, and she could not answer that question, either. So in summary, this doesn’t give the F.M. crowd much more information than we previously had, but I thought I would share my experience for other inquiring minds.
I had heard that "forever" mugs actually didnt exist...
Rather the program had not been thought out yet...and since no "expiration" was defined back the ...a sorta urban legend developed due to loophole.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #465
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here's a little food for thought...

Do you think it's possible that the limit will be set longer for values and be set closer to zero as the price increases?

Just thinking...and don't shake your head and think Disney is above that...it's not

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: