Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #421
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbklein View Post
Has anyone seen pink mugs available on the rapid fill system yet? I keep hearing there will be pink ones but I haven't seen any pics or posts to confirm it. Really want pink!!
Nope. A few blogs listed that the old colors would also be RFID, but I have not seen any confirmation of that anywhere. The only RFID mugs to be found are purple, green, and orange.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #422
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Nope. A few blogs listed that the old colors would also be RFID, but I have not seen any confirmation of that anywhere. The only RFID mugs to be found are purple, green, and orange.
That is correct...all RFID mugs are either purple, green or orange at this point. They stick to three colors for some reason...I really wish they'd use four.

By the way, Blizzard Beach also has RFID/RapidFill now (not sure when it was put in in place of the barcodes), but it appears to be independent of the resort system. They have fatter mugs with green tops (only that I saw). I saw some people holding resort RFID mugs, but I didn't notice them filling.

They also don't have a bee problem at all. They use misters to keep the bees away.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #423
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

That is correct...all RFID mugs are either purple, green or orange at this point. They stick to three colors for some reason...I really wish they'd use four.

By the way, Blizzard Beach also has RFID/RapidFill now (not sure when it was put in in place of the barcodes), but it appears to be independent of the resort system. They have fatter mugs with green tops (only that I saw). I saw some people holding resort RFID mugs, but I didn't notice them filling.

They also don't have a bee problem at all. They use misters to keep the bees away.
Blizzard has had those for a long time if I'm not mistaken...

It's one day use... So probably less brain power is required of the machines
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #424
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

There are a lot of pages, so this may have been covered, but can you mix soda with this new system?

My boys' favorite thing about soda fountains is the ability to put more than one type of soda in their cups. Even I tend to give a little splash of Sprite to my Diet Coke for a little lemon taste. Will the computer only let you fill from one?
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #425
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Blizzard has had those for a long time if I'm not mistaken...

It's one day use... So probably less brain power is required of the machines
The machines used to use a bar code. According to a PP BB is now using RID instead of bar codes.

The machine has to verify the cup has a chip which permits fills today. It doesn't matter if the chip was originally valid for more then one day.

Less brainpower needed. Yes but not machine brainpower. I suspect very few people think they can bring back old mugs to water parks. Did I buy the mug today. It should work. Did I buy it last trip. It won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
There are a lot of pages, so this may have been covered, but can you mix soda with this new system?
According to posters you can push the button to stop dispensing soda then finish the fill with a different soda.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #426
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

What exactly is the reason they named them "Rapid" fill? Does this thing make anything about the process faster?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #427
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
What exactly is the reason they named them "Rapid" fill? Does this thing make anything about the process faster?
From what I have read, it literally fills the mug faster than a normal soda machine. As in, the speed of the liquid coming out of the spout is faster.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #428
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Interestingly, BB offers "recharge" of old mugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
From what I have read, it literally fills the mug faster than a normal soda machine. As in, the speed of the liquid coming out of the spout is faster.
Haven't really noticed a difference, really. Just sounds like a trademarkable name to me.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 08-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #429
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
According to posters you can push the button to stop dispensing soda then finish the fill with a different soda.
Thanks, I appreciate your response.
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #430
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Checked in to BCV today and were told RFID goes live tomorrow ! Some mugs still on shelf without rapid refill so watch out. But they are checking because they activated the RFID on each mug. He said keep receipt in case anything goes wrong so they can replace mugs if needed.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #431
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Can someone please tell me how this works with the FREE refill cup offered in the dining plan? Will the cup be one you can use through out your entire trip or what?

I'm confused....

Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #432
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
Can someone please tell me how this works with the FREE refill cup offered in the dining plan? Will the cup be one you can use through out your entire trip or what?

I'm confused....

You should get the refillable mug, coded as "length of stay" for the number of days you've purchased the dining plan for.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #433
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Checked in to BCV today and were told RFID goes live tomorrow ! Some mugs still on shelf without rapid refill so watch out. But they are checking because they activated the RFID on each mug. He said keep receipt in case anything goes wrong so they can replace mugs if needed.
Depends what they mean by "goes live". Were they selling both old and new mugs? They probably shouldn't have been. If they were only selling old mugs still, they will probably just sell the new mugs, but not enforce RFID until a later time. That's what they did at CBR last weekend when they started selling the new mugs.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #434
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Depends what they mean by "goes live". Were they selling both old and new mugs? They probably shouldn't have been. If they were only selling old mugs still, they will probably just sell the new mugs, but not enforce RFID until a later time. That's what they did at CBR last weekend when they started selling the new mugs.
All it takes is applying a sticker to the old mugs to make them RFID capable.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #435
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
All it takes is applying a sticker to the old mugs to make them RFID capable.

Bill
Yes...but they weren't. Like I said, they were selling the new mugs, but the RFID enforcement was not active.

CBR had PLENTY of old mugs, but they took them all out and replaced them overnight with the new ones.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: