Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #406
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

There will some issues at first and Disney will work out the bugs.

After a while guests won't give the new machines or process a second thought.

In a year or two, Disney will increase the price and/or sell you bling stickers or theme mugs at a premium price.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #407
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
There will some issues at first and Disney will work out the bugs.

After a while guests won't give the new machines or process a second thought.

In a year or two, Disney will increase the price and/or sell you bling stickers or theme mugs at a premium price.

Bill
Yep...still tacky budget though
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #408
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I had heard POP had the RFID so I went to swap my new mugs (less than a week old) out so we could have some new colors at home but the new mugs were no where to be found and the RFID was off on he machines. Not sure what happened but I was looking forward to having new colors. We were at the Poly this evening and some ppl had the new mugs but most had the old and the RFID was not on/working.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #409
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I had heard POP had the RFID so I went to swap my new mugs (less than a week old) out so we could have some new colors at home but the new mugs were no where to be found and the RFID was off on he machines. Not sure what happened but I was looking forward to having new colors. We were at the Poly this evening and some ppl had the new mugs but most had the old and the RFID was not on/working.
Right now, the only ones that I think are active are at the All-Stars.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #410
luvdisney00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
yep...still tacky budget though
exactly!

6/90 offsite
6/00 All Star Movies
7/07 Polynesian
9/08 Polynesian
8/10 Port Orleans Riverside
8/11 Beach Club
8/12 Beach Club
8/13 Port Orleans Riverside
luvdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #411
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Yep...still tacky budget though
I assume that comment is directed at the guests who brought their own "big gulp" mugs to the self service soda dispensers.

I'm confused. You had no problem with Disney rules regarding soda, as long as Disney made no attempt to enforce them? The, soon to be, old policy was free soda for those guests who didn't think rules applied to them.

Having CM confront those guests might be considered tacky budget. This isn't that much different then the biometric finger replacing the honor system regarding park tickets.

edited to add: I agree Disney is charging top dollar for their hotel rooms. Disney's cost for soda is probably nominal. Disney could afford to simply offer free soda as an amenity. However that decision is up to Disney and not up to guests. OK Guests can indirectly affect Disney's decision by staying offsite. Do you think the inability to steal sods will cause guests to change their plans?

Last edited by Lewisc; 08-17-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #412
going/again
DIS Veteran

What happens on our trip I night SSR then 7days Disney fantasy then 10 nights back at SSR

Will we have to buy two mugs for one night then two more for the 10 nights?
going/again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #413
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by going/again View Post
What happens on our trip I night SSR then 7days Disney fantasy then 10 nights back at SSR

Will we have to buy two mugs for one night then two more for the 10 nights?
I would not buy a mug on your first night. Just buy the mug for your stay after the cruise. If you bought one the first night, it would not be good for the second stay. You would be better off just buying individual drinks that first night.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #414
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

CBR selling RapidFill mugs...

Sometime between this morning and this afternoon, the swapped all the mugs on display for RapidFill mugs. However, the RFID on the fill stations is still not active. I'm guessing there will be a "grace period" while those who purchased the old mugs can still use them as-is, while the new mugs are probably coded as they were purchased but are not actually being scanned at this time. Might be a week, possibly two, for them to know all the "old" mugs should be "out of the system", as in guests not staying at the resort any longer. I didn't get a chance to ask the manager again.

All the signage was replaced with the new pricing model.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 08-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #415
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Sometime between this morning and this afternoon, the swapped all the mugs on display for RapidFill mugs. However, the RFID on the fill stations is still not active. I'm guessing there will be a "grace period" while those who purchased the old mugs can still use them as-is, while the new mugs are probably coded as they were purchased but are not actually being scanned at this time. Might be a week, possibly two, for them to know all the "old" mugs should be "out of the system", as in guests not staying at the resort any longer. I didn't get a chance to ask the manager again.

That suggests the problems at POR might be with customers who didn't have RFID mugs. Looks like Disney may be delaying using RFID until all, or most, of the guests who purchased non RFID mugs have checked out.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #416
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you are staying there, can you ask if we can swap out our old mugs for the new ones?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #417
blklotus
My personal hero? Liz Lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
I don't plan to buy these things again, but it's apparently included with my dining plan for my trip in October. We hardly ever make it to the dining halls from our room as a group, although I get up long before my wife and daughter and walk there to sit and read. I think I'll take all three mugs with me every morning and fill them all and sit at a table alone up to my ears in Disney's precious soda.

I've never heard a better idea in my life!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #418
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
That suggests the problems at POR might be with customers who didn't have RFID mugs. Looks like Disney may be delaying using RFID until all, or most, of the guests who purchased non RFID mugs have checked out.
That's what I was getting at, although I don't think old mugs were any sort of "problem". They sold the old mugs up until then. They still have to accommodate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
If you are staying there, can you ask if we can swap out our old mugs for the new ones?
Left there. Now at SSR. No signs of new mugs. And they need to do something about the pool fill station...infested with bees.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #419
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's what I was getting at, although I don't think old mugs were any sort of "problem". They sold the old mugs up until then. They still have to accommodate.

Left there. Now at SSR. No signs of new mugs. And they need to do something about the pool fill station...infested with bees.
It's been infested with bees for several years now unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #420
rlbklein
Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen pink mugs available on the rapid fill system yet? I keep hearing there will be pink ones but I haven't seen any pics or posts to confirm it. Really want pink!!

past WDW trips: summer 1990, March 2007, October 2007, June 2010
rlbklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: