Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

What I learned from a security guard...

Yes, I know, but I thought it was humorous enough to share...I was struggling to bite my tongue...

A security guard pre-opening let us know the following, claiming most of it was in fact confirmed and public knowledge...

1) MagicBands/MyMagic+ will be completed in 2016 - and you will need to to do EVERYTHING, including parking at resorts, etc. You'll have to scan if you have an ADR at a resort, etc. Parking was a key to what he was saying - that they were trying to close all the "loopholes".

2) Speaking of parking, Downtown Disney is doubling in size, parking is moving across the street...and you will pay to park unless you get your parking ticket validated (he mentioned why there are no direct-to-park buses from DTD)

3) Cars Land at DHS has apparently been publicly announced.

4) The train to MCO is apparently going right to Disney, with the station on World Drive and two hotels planned already on each side of it...I'm pretty sure he's confusing the old HSR plan that was shot down completely for the recently announced one that terminates at MCO...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Disney does not have Security Guards; it has Security Hosts.

And are you sure this person was not a refugee from driving a bus or the Jungle Cruise?

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Yes, I know, but I thought it was humorous enough to share...I was struggling to bite my tongue...

A security guard pre-opening let us know the following, claiming most of it was in fact confirmed and public knowledge...

1) MagicBands/MyMagic+ will be completed in 2016 - and you will need to to do EVERYTHING, including parking at resorts, etc. You'll have to scan if you have an ADR at a resort, etc. Parking was a key to what he was saying - that they were trying to close all the "loopholes".

2) Speaking of parking, Downtown Disney is doubling in size, parking is moving across the street...and you will pay to park unless you get your parking ticket validated (he mentioned why there are no direct-to-park buses from DTD)

4) The train to MCO is apparently going right to Disney, with the station on World Drive and two hotels planned already on each side of it...I'm pretty sure he's confusing the old HSR plan that was shot down completely for the recently announced one that terminates at MCO...
I stayed at BWV last week and wore my Magic Band everywhere I went. Drove my car to the Contemp for an ADR and to SSR to visit the VGF model.

I was waved in to the Contemporary parking and also SSR parking with no questions.

Returning to BWV, with my parking pass in my window, I had to touch my Magic Band to some sort of hand held scanner to be let in.

So, he may have the skinny on the parking, but if I have to walk any further to shop at Downtown Disney - the parking is a mess there right now with construction - I will just have to find other ways to spend my cash.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

And are you sure this person was not a refugee from driving a bus or the Jungle Cruise?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

All I can say is .....
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
chartle
DIS Veteran

I wonder if its the same CM as in this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3189525
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Yep...I bet it's the same one. And of course some of what he is saying is/could be true...but I kept chuckling
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 11-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Yep...I bet it's the same one. And of course some of what he is saying is/could be true...but I kept chuckling
I was on the bus Sunday headed back to AKL and heard that there will be a fifth gate that replaces Flamingo Crossing and takes place entirely in the "Tron Universe" and will have Princess Microchip and Darth Vacuum Tube.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
I was on the bus Sunday headed back to AKL and heard that there will be a fifth gate that replaces Flamingo Crossing and takes place entirely in the "Tron Universe" and will have Princess Microchip and Darth Vacuum Tube.
Did he say they were going to move Tron Track - I mean Test Track - as well?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Did he say they were going to move Tron Track - I mean Test Track - as well?
...and a new Peoplemover ride based around Tron!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
...and a new Peoplemover ride based around Tron!
Hmmm...I wonder if they still have some of the RocketRods cars from DL...maybe they can make them go faster.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #12
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Hmmm...I wonder if they still have some of the RocketRods cars from DL...maybe they can make them go faster.
Maybe they can make them go...period.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...Parking was a key to what he was saying - that they were trying to close all the "loopholes".
Yea to this... I am tired of coming back to BLT later in the day and having to compete for spots with those going to the MK for the last 3 or 4 hours of the day... After park closing you can count several dozen spots that will open up...

This does actually make sense. Last time we were there (June) we swung by Animal Kingdom Lodge and as we went though the security gate she asked for our RFID room key and scanned it. She seemed pleased that it worked.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
All I can say is .....

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Boski
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Was there in Sept. and had a guard IG say a lot of the same thing. It has to be the same guy. He then ended his speech with "I'm a shareholder!"
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Boski is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: