Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
VanessaDisney4L
Earning My Ears

Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion Bag

Soooo does anyone know when they are supposedly going to release the Haunted Mansion bags online or to be able to order them through the Merchandise phone line?? I NEED THIS BAG!!!!

VanessaDisney4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
rjp218
Earning My Ears

We had called and the rep said they were online and sold out. The stock will be replenishing sometime between now and Dec 1. When that happens they will be back on the website.
rjp218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
HisMinnie
Princess Jasmine <3

I hope once it does come back in stock that it doesn't sell out as quickly as it did last time. I want to buy one too.
Aiden (10) Brady (9) Sabrina (2)
HisMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
GotLabradors
Missing Mr. Toad

Right in time to buy yourself an early Christmas present!

1980 Contemporary 1984 Tree Houses 1986 FortWilderness 1998 Boardwalk Inn 1999 Grand Floridian (Oct.) 1999 Polynesian (Dec.)
GotLabradors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
VanessaDisney4L
Earning My Ears

Talking Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp218 View Post
We had called and the rep said they were online and sold out. The stock will be replenishing sometime between now and Dec 1. When that happens they will be back on the website.
Now I just have to stalk the Disney website lol

VanessaDisney4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaDisney4L View Post
Soooo does anyone know when they are supposedly going to release the Haunted Mansion bags online or to be able to order them through the Merchandise phone line?? I NEED THIS BAG!!!!
They have been in the stores on property and on line, but they sell out so fast that unless your lucky they are always sold out.

Keep trying. I'm still trying to wrap the thinking around why they would release such limited quantities in the first place. Companies do this all the time and end up losing in the end.

We would have purchased 2 if they were available, wife and mom. Now both have said they bought new bags for the winter as they didn't want to wait months to buy one. Well there's $660 less in sales from one person alone. Just think how many others would have bought on impulse that are now thinking otherwise since they are unavailable (especially since Halloween was the perfect time to market and sell).

By doing this, they have also created an Ebay product out of it. Not the best way to keep shoppers happy.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
They have been in the stores on property and on line, but they sell out so fast that unless your lucky they are always sold out.

Keep trying. I'm still trying to wrap the thinking around why they would release such limited quantities in the first place. Companies do this all the time and end up losing in the end.

We would have purchased 2 if they were available, wife and mom. Now both have said they bought new bags for the winter as they didn't want to wait months to buy one. Well there's $660 less in sales from one person alone. Just think how many others would have bought on impulse that are now thinking otherwise since they are unavailable (especially since Halloween was the perfect time to market and sell).

By doing this, they have also created an Ebay product out of it. Not the best way to keep shoppers happy.
I agree with this. I really wanted one of these. I'd still like one. But the impulse has passed and I'm not going to stalk the website. So what had been a "must have" has become a "maybe if I hit the disney store site at the right time, I'll pick one up."
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
style2k7
Earning My Ears

There's one on Ebay for $745.00
style2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

After talking to a CM in the shop, while looking for one, she laughed. Each store had like 7 and they sold out in the first 15 minutes...I am guessing it will never get to online for buying so I will not be getting one. The ebay prices are insane and all I can say is WOW!

I agree with the PP I went with just over $1000 to spend on the HM bag and a few pieces of the Vera Bradley in the black pattern. I arrived back home with just over $1000 since nothing I wanted was available. Maybe they should be more concerned with where the real profits are and stop worrying about how many pennies they are saving with the new soda system.

Last edited by patsal; 10-30-2013 at 04:04 PM.
patsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

I wanted 1 too. We were @ WDW the day after the release. I couldn't believe when I heard how few they had for sale. I am annoyed that all the limited release did was create huge profits for a few Ebayers who have contacts in the area. Someone is actually "pre-selling" the purse, with an estimated delivery date of early Nov.

I broke down last year & bought the Princess Marathon purse on Ebay, since there's no other way I could get it. And it wasn't double the retail price, either. But I'd like it if no one buys those $750 purses. Maybe next time they'll be some left for the rest of us.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
I wanted 1 too. We were @ WDW the day after the release. I couldn't believe when I heard how few they had for sale. I am annoyed that all the limited release did was create huge profits for a few Ebayers who have contacts in the area. Someone is actually "pre-selling" the purse, with an estimated delivery date of early Nov.

I broke down last year & bought the Princess Marathon purse on Ebay, since there's no other way I could get it. And it wasn't double the retail price, either. But I'd like it if no one buys those $750 purses. Maybe next time they'll be some left for the rest of us.
I bought mine at MK on Friday the 13th. They had about 8 maybe, I bought mine first thing in the morning. Went there right at opening, my first stop. I then went back maybe 30 minutes after I bought mine and they were sold out. I was thinking of getting another one for a present for a friend I could not believe it that they went that fast. I was so glad I went there first and not on any rides. Good luck on finding yours.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
LizKP22
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know a good place to find older D&B purses. I wanted the Minnie Bow purse but never got it. I regret that choice but now that I want to get it I can't buy it straight from Disney anymore.
LizKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #13
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizKP22 View Post
Does anyone know a good place to find older D&B purses. I wanted the Minnie Bow purse but never got it. I regret that choice but now that I want to get it I can't buy it straight from Disney anymore.
Sometimes you can find older styles at the outlets. I have had great luck with calling. CMs are happy to tell me what their store has. I have had better luck with Disney Outlets than Dooney outlets.
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

I wonder if they will release different styles in the HM print.. with the popularity of this one style, I'm hoping they do!
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
aamob
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the dimensions of this bag? I can't seem to find them anywhere. If it isn't at least as big as my sketch bag, I can start looking for another bag instead of waiting for this one to be released lol.
aamob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dooney & bourke, haunted mansion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: