Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Dining plan

So we have the 1 TS, 1 QS & 1 Snack credit per day. When we use our credits for meals, Does that come with a drink? or do we pay extra for that? Also, one of them comes with a desert right? Does it matter where we use that at? We have ADRs for mostly 3 breakfast buffets, 1 dinner buffets.. The only non buffet is 50s prime time. So how do the deserts work? Thanks!
Snooks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

A drink is included with both the cs and ts meals. you also get a dessert with both. you can not save your dessert credit from your meal to use another time.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post
So we have the 1 TS, 1 QS & 1 Snack credit per day. When we use our credits for meals, Does that come with a drink? or do we pay extra for that? Also, one of them comes with a desert right? Does it matter where we use that at? We have ADRs for mostly 3 breakfast buffets, 1 dinner buffets.. The only non buffet is 50s prime time. So how do the deserts work? Thanks!
If you'll go here

http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...ysprune=&f=116

you'll find an entire forum dedicated to the dining plan. There are several sticky's at the top of the forum that will help explain how to use it and even a GREAT list of snack items that are included on the plan.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Cynister
Mouseketeer

Desserts from meals cannot be saved as credit toward later purchases. You can buy a dessert with a snack credit if you want. If you find that you have more QS meals than you have meals left for the time you are staying, you can also use 1 QS meal for 3 snacks instead. A snack can be a drink, a dessert, or snack, etc.

DH Me DS

July 1986 DL: Off-site
April 1990 WDW: Off-Site - MK, EP
May 2013 WDW: Contemporary Garden Wing - MK, EP, AK, DHS - Star Wars Weekends, Flower & Garden Festival
May 2015 WDW: Beach Club or Boardwalk?
December 2015 WDW: Contemporary Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge?
Cynister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynister View Post
Desserts from meals cannot be saved as credit toward later purchases. You can buy a dessert with a snack credit if you want. If you find that you have more QS meals than you have meals left for the time you are staying, you can also use 1 QS meal for 3 snacks instead. A snack can be a drink, a dessert, or snack, etc.
This is no longer a given, but on the whim of the CM you happen to be dealing with at the time. It is most often done at your resort QS or gift shop grab n go, but even there, they may only let you have ONE snack item and not the three they used to. Don't go expecting it, but enjoy the pixie dust if you are allowed to do so.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post

This is no longer a given, but on the whim of the CM you happen to be dealing with at the time. It is most often done at your resort QS or gift shop grab n go, but even there, they may only let you have ONE snack item and not the three they used to. Don't go expecting it, but enjoy the pixie dust if you are allowed to do so.
LOL, I suppose using it that way at the F&W kiosks is out if the question, then huh?

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
Ckmommy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

The buffets include the entire buffet and a drink...dessert is on the buffet and not a separate dessert. AT Prime Time you get to order a entree and then a dessert. Their dessert menu is on a view master....pretty cool. At CS you get a mostly prepackaged dessert. Some of pretty good, others pretty lame. There are no desserts at breakfast either CS or TS though some buffets do have some sweet choices and I think there were cupcakes on the Chief Mickey Buffet at breakfast. Lunch and Dinner are better uses of CS credits though we often share meals and stretch our credits by sharing meals and have enough to do both.

I think turning CS into three snacks is becoming more miss than hit though we have found resorts are more willing to do this than other places.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post
The meal comes with a non-alcoholic fountain beverage (drinks that come with free refills such as soda, coffee, tea, lemonade). Buffets also include the non-alcoholic beverage.

Lunch and dinner comes with a dessert. For breakfast it is only an entree and a beverage.

You have to order dessert at the time of the meal. If you don't you will lose it. You cannot save it and use the entitlement later.

At '50s Prime Time you will order dessert after you finish your entrees. If you're too full, you can ask for the dessert "to go." Just make sure it travels well. Also, at Prime Time (and some other Disney owned TS restaurants) you can order a milk shake for your dessert. Ask first because it will vary with the restaurant and sometimes with each server.

Also as a PP mentioned, you can no longer count on converting unused CS for snacks. It is far less likely now compared to a couple of years ago. When possible, it is usually at a resort food court and could be a one for one exchange.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

I've moved this thread to the Dining Plan board.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckmommy72 View Post
LOL, I suppose using it that way at the F&W kiosks is out if the question, then huh?
You CAN use SNACK credits at F&W. In fact, this is probably the best value of a snack credit anywhere on property.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You CAN use SNACK credits at F&W. In fact, this is probably the best value of a snack credit anywhere on property.
I know you can!! Yay! Can't wait! How great would it be if you could break up your QS meals into snacks at the booths though? We always wind up with QS credits left over!

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
Ckmommy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #12
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Just getting nostalgic here for a moment. It was really great when you got 2 snack credits per day on the QS plan. When we used the snack credits at F&W, it covered a lot of eating!
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckmommy72 View Post
I know you can!! Yay! Can't wait! How great would it be if you could break up your QS meals into snacks at the booths though? We always wind up with QS credits left over!
You cannot use the QS credits at the kiosks - snack credits only.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #14
Cynister
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sharon, is this a brand new decision? We were just there at the end of May & in fact only found out about this option after CMs told us we could. We used it throughout the parks & resorts with no issue anywhere.

DH Me DS

July 1986 DL: Off-site
April 1990 WDW: Off-Site - MK, EP
May 2013 WDW: Contemporary Garden Wing - MK, EP, AK, DHS - Star Wars Weekends, Flower & Garden Festival
May 2015 WDW: Beach Club or Boardwalk?
December 2015 WDW: Contemporary Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge?
Cynister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynister View Post
Sharon, is this a brand new decision? We were just there at the end of May & in fact only found out about this option after CMs told us we could. We used it throughout the parks & resorts with no issue anywhere.
Reports here on the DIS have been hit or miss. Some, like you, have been able to do it, but many others have not. That's why I said it's not a given, but it never hurts to ask!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: