Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

I have an Ariel collection. Already pre-ordered the newest LE doll. Have the designer Ariel doll, precious moments Ariel's and also some Jim Shore pieces. My prize piece of my collection is a nearly two foot statue thingy that I bought at the animation studio gift shop in Hollywood studios.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #17
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Can you show us a picture? I'd love to see all the Ariels together. I wish I was paying attention to the Designer Princess dolls when they were first released. They are so expensive on the secondary market.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #18
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlcat View Post
Can you show us a picture? I'd love to see all the Ariels together. I wish I was paying attention to the Designer Princess dolls when they were first released. They are so expensive on the secondary market.
Sure! I will take a pic tomorrow. I have told DH so many times that if Ariel had not been the 2nd doll in that collection released, I would not have got her. It was insane to see how fast they started to sell out. That is one thing that just disgusts me, how people buy them and then sell them for double or triple the costs. It's the same thing with the Sephora makeup collection that is out right now, the BEAUTIFUL Ariel mirror compacts sold out online so fast and now they are ebay for so much more money. I went to the Sephora in the mall the morning they were released and was fortunate enough to get one though.

Commando #133

Old 08-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #19
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
That is one thing that just disgusts me, how people buy them and then sell them for double or triple the costs.
The bane of collectors. I despise those people too. Of course, they just argue that they're trying to make a living and the early bird catches the worm. It just means collectors have to stay as informed as they can about upcoming items, but even then you'll miss some.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #20
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Here is some information about the release of the Designer Fairytale Collection, including photographs of all five couples. The entire set will be availbable for pre-order on August 12 for delivery in October. Individual purchase will be staggered at 2-week intervals starting August 20. The problem for me is that there is no way I can pick and choose - it's all or none when it comes to these dolls. So I'm sure I'll end up getting them all and I might just end up pre-ordering the whole set to save myself the hassle of getting each separately.

http://blog.disneystore.com/

Speaking of fairytales, is anyone else here a fan of the the TV show "Once Upon a Time"? I saw a Rumpelstiltskin picture in someone's signature on another thread, and it made me wonder if there have ever been any hints or rumors that Disney would issue a doll series for the show's characters. I love the show, so I would love to see what they could come up with. Better yet, a company like Hot Toys could really make some nice action figures.

Last edited by Axlcat; 08-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Axlcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #21
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
I have an Ariel collection. Already pre-ordered the newest LE doll. Have the designer Ariel doll, precious moments Ariel's and also some Jim Shore pieces. My prize piece of my collection is a nearly two foot statue thingy that I bought at the animation studio gift shop in Hollywood studios.
I NEED to see this statue!! Please post pics.

I also collect Monster High dolls and I cant believe the scalpers. They comb stores and snatch them all up and then relist them on ebay for so much higher. Really ticks me off. I refuse to pay that. I would just rather not have the doll than to pay more than it originally sold for. NO matter how limited it is.

Axlcat - We LOVE OUAT! I would love to see dolls off of that show. Did you see that they are doing a spin off that is all about Alice in Wonderland. Looks a little crazy, because in the preview we saw, she was all tough and stuff. Looks interesting though and we will probably watch it.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

I had not heard about the Alice in Wonderland spinoff, but it sounds like a must-see. Why does it have to be on Thursday night? That's my biggest DVR night and I can only tape and watch two shows at a time - darn TIme Warner! But there's always On Demand.

If OUAT is popular enough to merit a spinoff then dolls should be on the horizon.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlcat View Post
I had not heard about the Alice in Wonderland spinoff, but it sounds like a must-see. Why does it have to be on Thursday night? That's my biggest DVR night and I can only tape and watch two shows at a time - darn TIme Warner! But there's always On Demand.

If OUAT is popular enough to merit a spinoff then dolls should be on the horizon.
I totally agree! And make them look more realistic and like the characters. Similar to how the Oz dolls were in the face ups.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm Sarah and I also collect Disney dolls I have a pretty modest collection, I don't have enough money to buy a ton, but I have of the big 17" ones - Cinderella, Merida, and Rapunzel in her wedding attire (someday I will get my hands on Belle and Rapunzel in her purple dress! I just didn't know about them at the time and don't have $400 to fork over for a doll on eBay ), I also have the designer Belle, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Mulan, and Snow White. I'd like to have them all some day then I have a play doll of Pocahontas and Rapunzel with the blonde hair in her wedding dress, and Belle and Pocahontas of the toddler dolls. I also have the new Ariel on preorder because I need her for my collection! I have 0 Ariel so far! Sadness haha

But I just wanted to pop in and say hello to introduce myself
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #25
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

Hi Sarah! You have a lot more of the designer dolls than I do, so I am envious of your collection. I have all 6 of the villain designer dolls, but only a couple of the princesses and 2 of the limited edition series (including the Ariel pre-order). I'm having to resort to Ebay to acquire the ones I don't have. It seems there are a wide range of prices there so every now and then you can find someone selling at a fairly good price.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #26
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Took some pics of my Ariels, how do you post them on here??

Commando #133

Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
Axlcat
We're simply meant to be

You can use a photo sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr. I pay for an upgrade at Photobucket, but I'm sure they still offer a free account. And while I upload from my PC, I believe these sites have phone apps.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #28
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Here are my shelves my lovely DH built and painted to put some of my stuff on. I have 2 more large snowglobes that are still in their boxes cause I don't have a place to put them yet.

And here is my statue.

Commando #133

Old 08-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #29
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
Hi! I'm Sarah and I also collect Disney dolls I have a pretty modest collection, I don't have enough money to buy a ton, but I have of the big 17" ones - Cinderella, Merida, and Rapunzel in her wedding attire (someday I will get my hands on Belle and Rapunzel in her purple dress! I just didn't know about them at the time and don't have $400 to fork over for a doll on eBay ), I also have the designer Belle, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Mulan, and Snow White. I'd like to have them all some day then I have a play doll of Pocahontas and Rapunzel with the blonde hair in her wedding dress, and Belle and Pocahontas of the toddler dolls. I also have the new Ariel on preorder because I need her for my collection! I have 0 Ariel so far! Sadness haha

But I just wanted to pop in and say hello to introduce myself
Welcome! Sounds like you have a pretty good collection going so far!

Sarah - your Ariel collection is awesome. I love that Designer doll, now you make me really want her. Ariel is also my favorite character. I even have a small tattoo of her.

And that statue is A-MAZ-ING!! How did you score that?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #30
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post

Sarah - your Ariel collection is awesome. I love that Designer doll, now you make me really want her. Ariel is also my favorite character. I even have a small tattoo of her.

And that statue is A-MAZ-ING!! How did you score that?
Thank you! We actually repainted our bedroom after I got the statue so it would complipent it better LOL. You should post a pic of your tattoo!!!
I guess since all year long, my husband get all the electronics or firearm stuff he wants, when we go to Disney he looks for things he thinks I might like. And they had that statue in a case and he asked if I wanted it and I thought it would be thousands of dollars so I said no. But it ended up being under $250, so I did get it. And I am so glad I did, because I love it so much.

Commando #133

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: