Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How Far in Advance Were You Able to Book BLT Through CRO if You're Not DVC Owners?
11 Months Out 9 40.91%
10 Months Out 1 4.55%
9 Months Out 0 0%
8 Months Out 2 9.09%
7 Months Out 5 22.73%
6 Months Out 2 9.09%
5 Months Out 1 4.55%
4 Months Out 1 4.55%
3 Months Out 1 4.55%
2 Months Out 2 9.09%
We were never able to book/No availability 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #31
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I just checked the passholder site and entered a random set of dates for this month and I can book a 2 bedroom villa at BLT. $869 for lake view and $959 for TPV.
Do you mean for this month we're currently in, or "this month" meaning the month I was discussing in the OP? (July 2014)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We will also be using the Passholder discount, but we can book (if available) before that and then call and apply the AP discount once it's released, right?
It depends... there has to be AP inventory available at that time.

Whenever AP rates are released there are only a specific number of rooms in each room category available. And, sometimes only certain resorts are included. For example, POR will be included but not POFQ.

If when you call, there is AP availability you will be able to make the adjustment but just because you have a room on hold, if there is no inventory left at the time you call, they can't simply change your rate.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #33
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok so we are debating getting seasonal passes for Disney. We are planning on going in January 2014. Can anyone tell me what the discount is for blt for that time frame (historically is fine). We are looking at a 2 bedroom and trying to crunch the numbers if it is cheaper than 2 rooms at the poly. Thanks!
Historically, AP discounts are normally around 30%, but depending on the time of year it can sometimes vary anywhere from 20% - 35%. It looks like last year the AP discounts for your dates were released on November 15. Here's a great place to look at historical data on Mousesavers! http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...iscounts/#2013
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #34
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
It depends... there has to be AP inventory available at that time.

Whenever AP rates are released there are only a specific number of rooms in each room category available. And, sometimes only certain resorts are included. For example, POR will be included but not POFQ.

If when you call, there is AP availability you will be able to make the adjustment but just because you have a room on hold, if there is no inventory left at the time you call, they can't simply change your rate.
Thanks. I did know that it was based on availability, but I just wanted to make sure that villas weren't blacked out. I went through the historical data on Mousesavers, and it looks like villas are normally included (but suites often aren't.) Hopefully there will be a 2 bedroom villa available for us to have on hold before the AP rate comes out! I'm cracking up at my poll because it's just re-confirming my fears that it really could be ANY time and there's no rhyme or reason!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #35
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:

Do you mean for this month we're currently in, or "this month" meaning the month I was discussing in the OP? (July 2014)
This month. July 2013. The current ap discount only runs into mid August. I was just trying to give the OP an idea of what the ap discount was for a 2 bedroom at Blt. Obviously the price won't be the same a year from now but it will probably be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Blog: https://www.erika_murphy.silvrback.com

Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge & Kidani Village 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 *
Up next: July 2014 BWI CL FROZEN SUMMER FUN!!! & Royal Pacific DIAGON ALLEY!!!!
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #36
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I did know that it was based on availability, but I just wanted to make sure that villas weren't blacked out. I went through the historical data on Mousesavers, and it looks like villas are normally included (but suites often aren't.) Hopefully there will be a 2 bedroom villa available for us to have on hold before the AP rate comes out! I'm cracking up at my poll because it's just re-confirming my fears that it really could be ANY time and there's no rhyme or reason!
Seeing as you and I are in this thing together, trying to get the same villa type at basically the same time LOL, I just checked the Disney site, and there are 2BR Villas available at BLT for June 2014 (11 month mark).

It isn't the same season we're going, but prices did go up for regular season...$42/night for Theme Park View, and $38/night for Lake View.

So, I'm going to start checking at the 11 month mark!
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #37
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Yes! Me too!! I checked this morning too, but I didn't try June (smart idea!) I called too, just in case, and she said to check in November. Um... Thanks very much, but I will be checking much sooner than that! Ha! Do you think we can check at the 11 month mark from July 1, or do you think it would be the 11 month mark from our check in date?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #38
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
There are 3 ways that DVC villas become available for cash reservations by non-members:

1) Disney retains ownership of a very small percentage (< 10%) of the room inventory at each DVC resort. You'll see these available for cash reservations. I'm not sure exactly when these become available, I'd guess sometime between 7-11 months out. When a new DVC resort is in the sales process, there's also a lot of developer inventory in DVC's possession - the percentage of the resort's room inventory that has not been sold to members. A good bit of this is also often available for cash reservations.

2) If members trade out of the DVC system, for instance to stay at DLP, or a non-DVC resort at DL or WDW, or take an ABD trip, or a DCL cruise, a villa of roughly equal 'value' is sent from the member inventory to be rented for cash to cover the cost of the trade. These don't appear in any particular time frame, just whenever a member trades out.

(The seven month window referred to by a PP is not really relevant in this situation. When a BLT member uses their points to stay at another DVC resort, like Aulani, a BLT villa does not go into the cash inventory. That's only when members stay at NON-DVC resorts.)

3) At 60 days out, any DVC villas not reserved by members go into the cash inventory to recover breakage income for that resort's owners. The difference with this example is, if a member then comes along and wants to rent one of these with their points, it gets pulled back out of the cash inventory and goes back to member inventory.

OP, the upshot of all this is that you just have to keep watching for BLT villas to appear in the cash inventory. There's really no hard and fast rule for when you'll see one appear.
I hope the OP doesn't mind a tag along question here.

So Lynne, based on the above, you are saying that that there is very little DVC inventory available at CRO until 11 months out (when the owners book something else)?

I want to book BLT for October 2014, I would be able to book through CRO November 2013? (in other words, don't stalk the disneyworld website yet)

Just out of curiosity, is it a one-for-one trade? i.e., BLT owner books a 2-br at another resort, so a 2-br at BLT becomes available?

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #39
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes! Me too!! I checked this morning too, but I didn't try June (smart idea!) I called too, just in case, and she said to check in November. Um... Thanks very much, but I will be checking much sooner than that! Ha! Do you think we can check at the 11 month mark from July 1, or do you think it would be the 11 month mark from our check in date?
I'm going to start checking on 1 Aug, 11 months out from 1 Jul.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #40
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post

I hope the OP doesn't mind a tag along question here.

So Lynne, based on the above, you are saying that that there is very little DVC inventory available at CRO until 11 months out (when the owners book something else)?

I want to book BLT for October 2014, I would be able to book through CRO November 2013? (in other words, don't stalk the disneyworld website yet)

Just out of curiosity, is it a one-for-one trade? i.e., BLT owner books a 2-br at another resort, so a 2-br at BLT becomes available?
I don't mind at all bc those are great questions
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #41
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
I don't know about CRO, but I do know that DVC members must wait until 11 months prior to their check in date in order to book at their home resort.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I don't know about CRO, but I do know that DVC members must wait until 11 months prior to their check in date in order to book at their home resort.
Thanks! I guess it wouldn't hurt to check August 1 too and then if its not available I can check 11 months from our check in date

ETA: I was playing around with June dates, and it will only show availability through June 10, so it definitely looks like cash reservations are also based on the actual check in date, and don't open for the whole month on the first of the month.

Last edited by SRUAlmn; 07-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #43
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you! That's great news! I know October is probably a slower time than the summer, but it gives me hope
Actually October is peak season for DVC resorts
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #44
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
don't know for sure...but i would imagine that the day after the
7mos time frame would be when they had the most inventory.

we own 3 contacts there & that's when we can trade out-
...basically i think our points would be like 2 rooms. at
the 7mos. this year, we traded back out so we can spend 2 weeks
@ aulani this christmas. and i think many owners are
doing the same thing @ the 7mos. period, especially certain
times of the year.
You trading out to go to Aulani or any other DVC resort is not what creates cash inventory. That creates points inventory for DvC member trading in. It is people trading out to the Disney collection, concierge and adventures by Disney that need to be paid for by turning inventory over to cash. I think you have more flexibility on when you book those so I would keep looking for cash inventory. Cash inventory with a pass holders discount is not available that far in advance at the moment it is only available up to September.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks! I know holidays are often blacked out, but I am worried about summer being a busy time. Unfortunately, I'm a teacher, so it's our only option! I went on Mousesavers and tried to look through the historical AP data and it looks like summer isn't usually blacked out, so fingers crossed that we at least have one thing working for us. You better believe I'll be checking daily I'm hoping, with the new Grand Floridian DVC opening soon, many BLT people will choose to give that a try this year instead.
People trading out to GFV from BLT will not create cash inventory it will create points inventory for other DVC members.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: