Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How Far in Advance Were You Able to Book BLT Through CRO if You're Not DVC Owners?
11 Months Out 9 40.91%
10 Months Out 1 4.55%
9 Months Out 0 0%
8 Months Out 2 9.09%
7 Months Out 5 22.73%
6 Months Out 2 9.09%
5 Months Out 1 4.55%
4 Months Out 1 4.55%
3 Months Out 1 4.55%
2 Months Out 2 9.09%
We were never able to book/No availability 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Booking BLT if We're Non-DVC Owners

Hi DIS friends! I'm hoping ya'll can help me ease my mind a little. My mom has been dreaming of being able to watch Wishes from her room for years. We finally decided that life is short, and we're going to splurge a little and do it! Due to the size of our traveling party, a 2 bedroom at BLT is our best option (after MUCH research and debate ) I read on the BLT/CR thread that the dates you can book if you don't own DVC can vary and there's a likelihood that we might not even be able to get it, and I'm trying not to let my brain go there. I have hope! Since the release dates can vary, I thought I'd post a poll for others who don't own DVC who have been able to book (through CRO, not by renting points.) If you could, please, choose the poll option that describes how soon in advance of your trip you were able to book. We are looking at staying in July of 2014, so if anyone stayed this July (or is about to) and would like to post your experiences below I would REALLY appreciate that! If you could also please post what type of room/view you were able to book and the time frame in which you booked it in the posting section that would help me out a lot too I'm trying to avoid having to look online or call CRO every day for 6 months, ha! Thanks so much!!

*I stopped the poll at 2 months because I read that the inventory is released at 60 days out, so if you booked less than 60 days out, please just choose the 2 month option
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

I'd love to have this info as well, since we're hoping to book a 2BR at BLT for 29 July - 8 Aug next year. I booked AKL Savanna view rooms last night, just so that we have a place to stay, but DH is really hoping for BLT MKV instead.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
trishadono
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at BLT 3 times without points and have dec 2013 booked.

I watched for a passholder discount and got in at 3 month mark the first 4/2010.

Booked at 7mark (give or take) for 11/2011.

Then booked a 1bdrm at 7month for 11/2012 but checked almost daily and in 7/12 I was able to get a 2bdrm so switched.

I booked 3weeks ago for 12/19-12/24/13 in a 2bdrm. There are more dates and options than any other previous time I have looked mainly due to VGF opening.

Also booked all online with disney directly.

Last edited by trishadono; 07-07-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Add
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have stayed at BLT 3 times without points and have dec 2013 booked.

I watched for a passholder discount and got in at 3 month mark the first 4/2010.

Booked at 7mark (give or take) for 11/2011.

Then booked a 1bdrm at 7month for 11/2012 but checked almost daily and in 7/12 I was able to get a 2bdrm so switched.

I booked 3weeks ago for 12/19-12/24/13 in a 2bdrm. There are more dates and options than any other previous time I have looked mainly due to VGF opening.

Also booked all online with disney directly.
Thank you This is so reassuring! We will also be using the Passholder discount, but we can book (if available) before that and then call and apply the AP discount once it's released, right?

OurBigTrip:
You're smart to have a back up, just in case. Our problem is that nothing else really fits our group unless we want to get 3 rooms somewhere else and end up paying double what we'd pay at BLT (in some cases even more than double.)
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Thank you This is so reassuring! We will also be using the Passholder discount, but we can book (if available) before that and then call and apply the AP discount once it's released, right?

OurBigTrip:
You're smart to have a back up, just in case. Our problem is that nothing else really fits our group unless we want to get 3 rooms somewhere else and end up paying double what we'd pay at BLT (in some cases even more than double.)
That's what I ended up doing - 3 rooms at AKL. At rack rate, it's still $500 more per night than the 2BR at BLT, but I figure worst case, I'll get the 15% AAA discount, and I can buy an AP for myself if AP discounts come out, which, if they are the same as usual, will bring the 3 rooms down to under the 2BR BLT MKV price.

But I'm *definitely* holding out hope for BLT later this year or early next year!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
That's what I ended up doing - 3 rooms at AKL. At rack rate, it's still $500 more per night than the 2BR at BLT, but I figure worst case, I'll get the 15% AAA discount, and I can buy an AP for myself if AP discounts come out, which, if they are the same as usual, will bring the 3 rooms down to under the 2BR BLT MKV price.

But I'm *definitely* holding out hope for BLT later this year or early next year!
I know! We initially looked at 3 MK View rooms at the Poly, but even with the AP discount it came out to a little over $3,000/room! Plus, no living area/kitchen/dining area. Let's keep each other posted on this thread as we check availability We're looking into going 2 weeks before you (depends on when value season starts for the deluxes.) Once the 2014 rates/seasons are released on Wednesday we'll have a better idea.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! We initially looked at 3 MK View rooms at the Poly, but even with the AP discount it came out to a little over $3,000/room! Plus, no living area/kitchen/dining area. Let's keep each other posted on this thread as we check availability We're looking into going 2 weeks before you (depends on when value season starts for the deluxes.) Once the 2014 rates/seasons are released on Wednesday we'll have a better idea.
We were looking at going as soon as Value 2 season started, on the assumption that it would start the same time as in the past. But DD is going to the beach with her boyfriend's family, and since they are both coming with us to WDW, we had to adjust to later in the month.

They will get home from the beach (Outer Banks) on Sunday, we'll fly out for WDW on Tuesday morning, and we'll be back a week before they have to return to college.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Wanted to add...when I booked our rooms last night, the price was $377/night per room, which is $9/night more than the current Value 2 rate. I asked the CM if $377 is the 2014 room only price, and he said yes, but as you said, we won't know for sure until next Wednesday.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were looking at going as soon as Value 2 season started, on the assumption that it would start the same time as in the past. But DD is going to the beach with her boyfriend's family, and since they are both coming with us to WDW, we had to adjust to later in the month.

They will get home from the beach (Outer Banks) on Sunday, we'll fly out for WDW on Tuesday morning, and we'll be back a week before they have to return to college.
Funny, we have a similar plan. We try to do one beach week and one Disney week back to back and then I'm a teacher so I'll have to go back to school the week after we get back We might split the beach and Disney weeks by a few weeks this year, though, since our Disney portion is going to cost more than usual.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wanted to add...when I booked our rooms last night, the price was $377/night per room, which is $9/night more than the current Value 2 rate. I asked the CM if $377 is the 2014 room only price, and he said yes, but as you said, we won't know for sure until next Wednesday.
Thanks! Hopefully that means 2014 rates won't be astronomically higher. Is your reservation for savanna view or Arusha view? Have you stayed there before? We did in 2010 with a savanna view (before Arusha was a booking category) and we were on the Arusha. It was so beautiful! I really LOVE that resort and think my mom would love it too since she's very into that type of décor, but she hates the buses and I can't convince her stay somewhere that doesn't have walking/monorail/boat as an option to at least one park
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Hopefully that means 2014 rates won't be astronomically higher. Is your reservation for savanna view or Arusha view? Have you stayed there before? We did in 2010 with a savanna view (before Arusha was a booking category) and we were on the Arusha. It was so beautiful! I really LOVE that resort and think my mom would love it too since she's very into that type of décor, but she hates the buses and I can't convince her stay somewhere that doesn't have walking/monorail/boat as an option to at least one park
We've never stayed there before, and I didn't book Arusha...is it your opinion that Arusha is a better view than plain Savanna?

DH asked me why I didn't book CR with MKV, and I told him that for 3 rooms at rack (I plan with rack, then am happy with any discount I might get), it was a difference of $500+/night for the 3 rooms...for that big of a difference, I'll book a fireworks cruise for the family and still come out way ahead LOL.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've never stayed there before, and I didn't book Arusha...is it your opinion that Arusha is a better view than plain Savanna?

DH asked me why I didn't book CR with MKV, and I told him that for 3 rooms at rack (I plan with rack, then am happy with any discount I might get), it was a difference of $500+/night for the 3 rooms...for that big of a difference, I'll book a fireworks cruise for the family and still come out way ahead LOL.
Seriously! The deposits alone would be insane. We haven't stayed on any of the other savannas, so I'm not sure I'd say it's the 'best' view, but I know when we were researching and booking everyone was saying that's the view you'd want. It's a much more expansive savanna (if you look at the AKL map.) Some of the other savanna views are more confined and have other things in the view such as maintenance areas, dirt areas with no animals, etc... Check out the AKL Resort thread (first few posts with all the info) and maybe you can see what is being said now that Arusha is a separate booking category. Although, hopefully you won't need to care!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

I booked a one bedroom at BLT in August for a week long trip in early October, no problem at all.
lsyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsyorke View Post
I booked a one bedroom at BLT in August for a week long trip in early October, no problem at all.
Thank you! That's great news! I know October is probably a slower time than the summer, but it gives me hope
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie

don't know for sure...but i would imagine that the day after the
7mos time frame would be when they had the most inventory.

we own 3 contacts there & that's when we can trade out-
...basically i think our points would be like 2 rooms. at
the 7mos. this year, we traded back out so we can spend 2 weeks
@ aulani this christmas. and i think many owners are
doing the same thing @ the 7mos. period, especially certain
times of the year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: