Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Swan and Dolphin

anyone stayed there? I am being woo'ed by the Westin Heavenly beds...the WDW resort beds are awful, even at the deluxe level......anyone? thoughts?
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
bek
Mouseketeer

Just back from a stay at the Dolphin and I loved it. The beds and pillows are fantastic. The location is wonderful -- particularly if your focus is Epcot and Hollywood Studios. There are lots of discounts if you check their special offers page. I also love the variety of dining available in both the Dolphin and Swan, on the Boardwalk and close by in Epcot.

Be prepared for mandatory $17/day resort fee and if you have a car, $15 self-park or $20 valet per day.

It does not have the theming of a Disney resort but it felt as upscale as the Grand Floridian.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
anyone stayed there? I am being woo'ed by the Westin Heavenly beds...the WDW resort beds are awful, even at the deluxe level......anyone? thoughts?
We stayed at the dolphin last year and had a okay/good experience but nothing great. The room was good nothing to complain about view not good but whatever. It's a convention hotel I must add and we stayed when a huge convention was going and they rented out the pool area several times which sucked. It's not owned by disney so don't expect to much disney that what I kind of missed at the dolphin. The pools were nice but dirty they didn't clean them much while we were there. Overall out of 10 I'd give the dolphin a 6. But that's just my experience you may have a different one.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
kim532
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Swan a couple of years ago and LOVED it! The room was nice and the location of the hotel we loved. We ordered room service one night for our son and it was very good too.

Can't wait to stay there again.

Kim

AKV Owner! (me) (DH - Ryan) (DS - Evan 8) (DS - Joel 7)
kim532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
blondietink
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Swan a couple of years ago. The location is awesome. Lots of pool choices, but only one or 2 was heated and nobody ever used the other ones as they were so cold. This made the 2 that were heated very crowded.

We had booked a room with 2 queen beds and balcony, but after waiting hours after the check-in time for a room, we were finally given a room with a queen and a single pull-out. Not too great for 4 adults. Check-in was 4 pm I believe and we didn't get our room until after 8 pm. The room was really small, too. Had a hard time fitting in all our suitcases plus folding up a wheelchair. We were never given any comps for not being given the room we booked.

We will not be back anytime soon.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

My stay at the Dolphin years ago was nice. The bed was really comfortable. However my family thought the same at the Y&BC too! The theming is not as big as with the WDW hotels, but you are still surrounded in Disney. You have full access to the WDW transportation and are walking distance to so much! While my preference would be Y&BC in this area, due to cost and not having WDW discounts during the time we are going, we are staying at the Swan this year. I'm still very excited!!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
LovintheLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

You may want to read the Swolphin super thread here.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Swan once back in 2007 and it was wonderful for the money. You can't beat the location. Beds were absolutely "heavenly"!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
LizzieandLuke
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone I'm am new to posting but have stalking the boards for months. Doing a land/sea the end of Aug 2014. The cruise has been booked for months but need to book the land. Since we are only WDW for 3 nights and sadly skipping AK next time around the idea of being so close to Epcot and DHS seems to good to be true. I could never afford any of the Disney Deluxes so I am really thinking of the Swan/Dolphin. 2 questions that I haven't seen asked/answered.

1. The resort fee is per room and not per person - correct?

2. And which resort (swan or dolphin) is more convenient to the main pool and/or the boat location? (Have 2 little kids).
LizzieandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieandLuke View Post

1. The resort fee is per room and not per person - correct?

2. And which resort (swan or dolphin) is more convenient to the main pool and/or the boat location? (Have 2 little kids).
Welcome!

1. Per room
2. Dolphin for Pool; From the main doors, the boat launch is pretty much in the middle of the two.

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
drgnfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: