Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Help Saratoga Springs Issue

Guys, after some advice, just read that they are closing the walkway between Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney, now we are staying in Saratoga Springs and wanted to use the walkway at night, we have asked for the congress park area for this reason, anyone able to advise on alternative ways to get to Downtown Disney without having to go by bus or boat, wanted to just walk round the corner.
Thanks
Jkarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
macnodos
DIS FAN

Are you talking about the walkway through the golf course? If not, that is the way we use from the springs. Fifteen minute walk which bring you out at Cirque.
macnodos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnodos View Post
Are you talking about the walkway through the golf course? If not, that is the way we use from the springs. Fifteen minute walk which bring you out at Cirque.
No that's the way to the west side which is staying open, I am talking the other way.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

The walkway that links Disney's Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney Marketplace will be closing on July 8 2013.
The closure is part of the Disney Springs project, and will allow for an expansion of the Village Lake. On completion of the Disney Springs project there will be a new sidewalk connecting Saratoga Springs and Disney Springs. The sidewalk from Saratoga Springs to the West Side remains open, and guests can also use boat or bus transportation to get to Downtown Disney.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Anyone able to offer advice?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkarrows
I think if you go back, you have answered your own question.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkarrows View Post
Take a boat or bus or take the walkway to the West Side. That's all you got. You can't use the walkway.

Plus this will screw up all the non-SSR people who use the SSR bus to get to DTD or DTD parking or DTD hotels.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I think if you go back, you have answered your own question.
Thanks for the reply, what I was asking is there a way to get to downtown disney without using the bus or boat and without the need to walk right over the other Sid elf the resort and enter west side, anyone who knows Saratoga springs knows there is a side car entry near to congress park, do you know if they allow you to walk that way round?

Sorry if question seems stupid or obvious but my son gets motion sickness on the busses even a small distance and is also not good on boats, has a inner ear imbalance and we try to walk, havi g stayed at Saratoga springs many times we have always stayed in the congress park area and walked round the shoreline into downtown disney.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Take a boat or bus or take the walkway to the West Side. That's all you got. You can't use the walkway.

Plus this will screw up all the non-SSR people who use the SSR bus to get to DTD or DTD parking or DTD hotels.
Agree they have not really thought what would happen, as regards the bus and boat it's not really an option, if all else fails ill have to drive which I wanted to avoid as I like to have a beer in the evening.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Jkarrows
Mouseketeer

Anyone ever walk from the congress park area to the west side of downtown disney and if you did how long did it take?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Your options are limited to either the bus, the boat, or the alternative walkway.
How are you getting to the other parks? Buses are your only option there. There is no other way into DTD from the Congress Park area. Have you tried changing your request to maybe the Springs area which will put you closer to that alternative walkway?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
Sencybil
What next?

There is a sidewalk on the east side of Buena Vista Drive, so you could walk out the car exit and use that, though I don't think there are pedestrian crossings at that point so it could be dangerous getting across the highway. Also, I don't know how far you would have to walk around the construction zone to get into DTD Marketplace area. You can check out the lay of the land using google maps.

Using the walkway on the other side - well it depends where your room is and what part of DTD you are heading to. From the ferry dock of SSR to Cirque is not that far at all, but that may be only a fraction of your particular route. Also, I believe this walkway is not lit at night so may not be easy to use after dark.

Hope you find a solution! Completely understand about not wanting to drive.

Sencybil x
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Request Grandstand instead & use the bridge/walkway into West Side

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
lucyem
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the paddock area and just walked over to DTD on the sidewalk along the road. Walked through the gate area, and yes the guard asked for id. Are they closing the sidewalk? Its the road with the firehouse on it. It did not take long at all.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Guys, after some advice, just read that they are closing the walkway between Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney, now we are staying in Saratoga Springs and wanted to use the walkway at night, we have asked for the congress park area for this reason, anyone able to advise on alternative ways to get to Downtown Disney without having to go by bus or boat, wanted to just walk round the corner.
Thanks
I have just seen the exact same thing - and yes - we asked for CP for the same reasons as you!!

To say I am disappointed is an under statement. We were also looking forward to a leisurely stroll in the eves - I am wondering too if there will be construction upheaval anyone have any more news on this? Panic...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: