Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
MattK67
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Garden View: What is the very best room?

We're staying at the Beach Club in September - our first visit as a family, my first visit back in over 25 years, and my wife and son's first time.

We picked a "Garden Room" because we didn't think it was worth it to pay for a water view, but we also wanted to avoid getting a view of the parking lot. Since reserving the room, I've seen a post that showed a "Garden View" basically looking straight into a pretty ugly patch of non-descript trees about 20 feet from the window, with no view of Epcot fireworks to make up for it..

What are the best sections to request that have Garden view rooms that actually overlook pleasant "garden-like" foliage? And what's the best Garden View room section to ask for that has that ~magic~ balance of access to the Drink Stations, Exit to walk to Epcot, distance from pool and etc?

Anndd... (sorry to keep going on here), are we better off trying to get the best Garden View room via online check in, or while talking very politely to someone at the Front Desk? I want to do all I can to make my wife and son have the best vacation, but paying for water view didn't seem to best use of $.

Any and all advice would be appreciated - this site is a great resource, and kind of addicting!

Last edited by MattK67; 07-05-2013 at 11:58 AM.
MattK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattK67 View Post
We're staying at the Beach Club in September - our first visit as a family, my first visit back in over 25 years, and my wife and son's first time.

We picked a "Garden Room" because we didn't think it was worth it to pay for a water view, but we also wanted to avoid getting a view of the parking lot. Since reserving the room, I've seen a post that showed a "Garden View" basically looking straight into a pretty ugly patch of non-descript trees about 20 feet from the window, with no view of Epcot fireworks to make up for it..

What are the best sections to request that have Garden view rooms that actually overlook pleasant "garden-like" foliage? And what's the best Garden View room section to ask for that has that ~magic~ balance of access to the Drink Stations, Exit to walk to Epcot, distance from pool and etc?

Anndd... (sorry to keep going on here), are we better off trying to get the best Garden View room via online check in, or while talking very politely to someone at the Front Desk? I want to do all I can to make my wife and son have the best vacation, but paying for water view didn't seem to best use of $.

Any and all advice would be appreciated - this site is a great resource, and kind of addicting!
Honestly, I'd caution you from putting too much desire on the "very best" garden view room. I've found room requests harder and harder to be honored over the past few years, because everyone is requesting these "very best" rooms. Just don't want to set you up for disappointment, as being disappointed with your room/view isn't a fun way to start a Disney vacation!

But anyways, we've had these views before that look out over the trees (facing Epcot). They are far from the drink station and pool, but very close to the exit to Epcot.

The perfect balance of all your locations would be a courtyard view facing the volleyball court, in my opinion. Be aware that not all these rooms have full balconies, many may have a standing room only balcony, dormer balcony, or patio. In all honestly, the BC is one resort I wouldn't pay extra for water view (unless club level), due to the limited availability of balconies.

As far as check-in, since you have very specific requests I think you'd be better off checking-in at the desk and not online as I think you'll need someone to take the time to look at inventory. If you check-in online, your packet and keys will be ready when you check in and it is meant to be a more streamlined "here's your stuff and enjoy your stay" kind of deal.

Best of luck getting your room requests filled, though! I'm sure where ever your room ends up being, if you take the time to appreciate all the resort has to offer you will have an awesome time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
gemini2727
Mouseketeer

MattK67, this could have been my post! I have the same questions, just haven't put them into words yet, lol. (We'll be at BC at the end of August.) I'm used to Port Orleans where I know just what building, and even room, to hope for...but this is our first time at BC. I'm planning on giving any requests in person at check in. We also chose garden-view. I don't care a lot about the balcony since we won't even be in the room much. I'm torn between staying closer to Epcot or closer to the pool. Not that it's a big deal either way, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you have a preference. Since we're going to hop to Epcot in the evenings, it would be cool to have a room near the exit to the very last walkway at BC.
Have a great time!

(April 1976-Off Site) (April 1993-CB) (July 1998-ASMusic) (April 2006-ASMovies)
(March 2009-POR) (March 2010-POR) (Sept 2011-POR) (Aug 2012-POR) (Aug 2013-BC)

gemini2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
MattK67
Earning My Ears

Thanks CD!

Thanks for the information CaliforniaDreaming! This is great advice. I've been trying to find a map for the Beach Club that shows where the drink stations, elevators and exits are to try to triangulate a location that will make the Wife and Kiddo happy. I think I'll follow your advice, but I'll keep looking for more information. The planning of this vacations is part of the fun - so much to consider, so many potential things to do!
MattK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

The elevator is right off the lobby and if you keep walking past them you enter the marketplace where the drink station and quick service food is. We had a garden view room last August. I requested a full balcony and upper floor. We had a great room with full balcony on the 4th floor. We looked out onto a courtyard and if we looked slightly left we saw the pirate ship part of SAB and the lake. Have a great time, we love the BC!!
Carriesouthard is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach club, garden view

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: