Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
I was faced with a similar scenario for my trip last week, we didn't ge to the hotel until almost 1:30am. For us I was very happy to not have to wake up and stress about switching hotels, we popped out of bed and headed to DS and of course a lovely frozen cappuccino Yes, we could have saved more money staying elsewhere for the first night but it was worth it when we woke up and could really just start our vacation!
I'd have to agree that I wouldn't want to switch hotels like coming from the Hyatt. You'd waste travel time in the morning too. A value isn't too bad, because Disney will transfer your bags for you and you likely won't be unpacking there anyway, so it won't take up too much additional time. But I can understand wanting to arrive at the hotel you booked for the week too.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I find myself agreeing with those who mentioned reserving a room at the MCO Hyatt for your arrival night (morning). Considering the hour that you'll be arriving it would seem likely that everyone will be tired and insistent on getting to bed. The Hyatt is incredibly convenient and in the morning you can take DME to the Poly.

Regardless of your choice though, call and note your late arrival and potential of being a "no show" for the 8-6 reservation. Flight delays are nerve wracking as is, you don't want to risk Disney flagging you as a no show and giving the room to another family (in case of an oversold situation).

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
Big O
Earning My Ears

Read GREAT advice everyone - THANKS! We decided to drop the 8/6 reservation at the Poly and got one at the hilton in DTD instead. Family wanted to be on Disney property that night. I got a NICE room at a GREAT price and I'm saving some cash to boot. Everybody knows we'll be in late so I feel better and am now REALLY excite. Think I'll go pack my suitcase already! lol
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #19
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
Read GREAT advice everyone - THANKS! We decided to drop the 8/6 reservation at the Poly and got one at the hilton in DTD instead. Family wanted to be on Disney property that night. I got a NICE room at a GREAT price and I'm saving some cash to boot. Everybody knows we'll be in late so I feel better and am now REALLY excite. Think I'll go pack my suitcase already! lol
Not to throw a wrench in your plans, but how are getting to the Hilton? Do they have transportation from the airport? I didn't think the DTD hotels did. How are you then getting from Hilton to the Poly? Taxi?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Not to throw a wrench in your plans, but how are getting to the Hilton? Do they have transportation from the airport? I didn't think the DTD hotels did. How are you then getting from Hilton to the Poly? Taxi?
And how are your bags going? You will definitely have to handle them yourselves if you don't stay at a Disney resort the first night.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #21
shburks
DIS Veteran

I keep hoping the OP will check in here...I don't want them to have to incur a lot of out of pocket costs and time trying to get from airport to Hilton to Poly, etc

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
Big O
Earning My Ears

I already had an amazing corporate rate on a minivan booked so we are transporting everything with us. Our original plan, even before United changed the flight times, was to stay at a DTD hotel anyway so we're right back on track.
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: