Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Eball2
Earning My Ears

Beach Club - Club Level? Lagoon View?

Hi all! Well my countdown has begun and I only have 35 more days until my trip!!! I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is worth it to call and upgrade to a club level room at the Beach Club? I already have a Lagoon View for a good price as I am traveling in August. Has anyone ever been upgraded to CLUB LEVEL at no extra cost? Just wondering bc I don't want to call and feel silly if its not an option. Any advice would greatly help ))

Thanks , Errika
Eball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
patty57
DIS Veteran

If your question is whether or not you can call and upgrade to Club Level, then yes you can if it is available. If your question is whether or not you can call and upgrade for free, then that would probably be no. I'm not sure which one you're asking...maybe both?
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

I think that one of the problems that sharing pixie dust stories creates is that there are a lot of free upgrades offered. When I first found the DIS, I was dreaming of the lovely free upgrade to CL that my family would be offered upon check in. And then some spoil sport chimed in to add that if you really want a certain level, pay for it. So I did.

Upgrades happen, but in the years that I have been traveling to WDW, my family was offered one, and t was only for one of the two rooms that we had booked, so we declined the kind offer. I suggest that you think about the resort level you will be happy with, and then book that level. It is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I think that one of the problems that sharing pixie dust stories creates is that there are a lot of free upgrades offered. When I first found the DIS, I was dreaming of the lovely free upgrade to CL that my family would be offered upon check in. And then some spoil sport chimed in to add that if you really want a certain level, pay for it. So I did.

Upgrades happen, but in the years that I have been traveling to WDW, my family was offered one, and t was only for one of the two rooms that we had booked, so we declined the kind offer. I suggest that you think about the resort level you will be happy with, and then book that level. It is the only way to ensure that you get what you want.
This exactly!!! If I want CL, I book it....Anything else after that is icing on the cake.

I always looked at stories of free upgrades in awe, and kind of believed that they didn't really happen but this past April, I had booked a standard view CL room at YC, and ended up being upgraded to lagoon view CL. And, our friends who were travelling with us had been upgraded from a garden view room at YC to Club Level!!!

So, while upgrades sometimes do happen, you should book (and pay for) the room that you are happy with in order to avoid disappointment.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
Syndrome
Who's super now?

While we love BC, we dont "love" the CL at BC. We are going to be checking in to BC in a few days now, and while we are doing CL ...........its not our choice ...... confused ??? Well we really like the "deluxe" rooms at BC, and they only come with the CL option so we are getting CL with the deluxe room. Yes we will use it, but if we had the choice of a deluxe room without BC CL, we would much prefer that option.
After having done CL at a few of the Disney resorts .........I can say the BC was the most disapointing, and we would choose to avoid it given the "choice" . Its very small, limited seating, no views, getting food is a free for all the way the have it set up (no proper line), and the offerings are limited. The CL staff is great, but the CL itself is lacking compared to other Disney CL.
Save your $$$, and spend it on something else imho. If you get upgraded ........thats great, but if you pay for it you may be disapointed. If its your first CL experience and havent tried any other Disney resort CL, then you may be fine too. After trying the other Disney resort CL, BC CL was a let down for us.
Now some of the other CL's are great .........Poly comes to mind .

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Eball2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
If your question is whether or not you can call and upgrade to Club Level, then yes you can if it is available. If your question is whether or not you can call and upgrade for free, then that would probably be no. I'm not sure which one you're asking...maybe both?
Yes! Both! I wasn't sure if you could upgrade for free! I'm happy with the upgrade we have as of now to the Lagoon view I think at this point anyway ) thanks everyone!!!
Eball2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: