Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Art of Animation Little Mermaid Full Already? (for fall)

I have been tentatively planning since the beginning of the year to take my boys to WDW this fall, and am pretty set on Art of Animation resort as the newness appeals to me, and the cute decor (and the lack of bedbug accusations on travel boards) . I was originally thinking December, but have considered anytime between October through beginning of December and was starting to lean towards beginning to mid November (anytime I can get two weeks solid of cheaper "fall" rates.) I was checking constantly at the beginning of the year, and then got caught up with other stuff (life ) for awhile and just checked back and... the cheaper rooms (Little Mermaid) appear to be gone already! I'm SO mad at myself for waiting! I could still get the more expensive suites, but this is going to up my cost to between double or triple, which means we're probably going to have to cut our trip in half... which is really disappointing to me!

Does anyone have any idea when these tend to fill up? Is this one of the more popular resorts, or has some huge group booked there all fall long? Is there any way to see the occupancy of a resort so that I could change my dates (in case only one day of the dates I am inputting is full... therefore making it appear unavailable for the full two week period, whereas if I juggled things around there might be room... I used to work in a hotel so I know how finicky bookings can be.) I SO wish I would have gotten on it sooner!
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Ever since it opened, the LM rooms have been hugely popular and do sell out very fast. I have seen many, many people here on the DIS that were in the same boat but were able to find a room by checking every day. One thing you might try is to play with the dates. Sometimes adding or subtracting a day will open things up. What dates were you trying for?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Ever since it opened, the LM rooms have been hugely popular and do sell out very fast. I have seen many, many people here on the DIS that were in the same boat but were able to find a room by checking every day. One thing you might try is to play with the dates. Sometimes adding or subtracting a day will open things up. What dates were you trying for?
Thank you so much! That is really good to know! I was playing with several dates between October and December... mostly with arrivals and departures on Wednesdays as that is the cheapest day to fly.

You've given me hope! I'm going to expand my search and keep trying daily!!
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadawithboys View Post
Thank you so much! That is really good to know! I was playing with several dates between October and December... mostly with arrivals and departures on Wednesdays as that is the cheapest day to fly.

You've given me hope! I'm going to expand my search and keep trying daily!!
Currently there is LM availability October 25th - October 31 and November 1st - 8th. But if I try Oct. 25th - Nov. 8th I get no availability. It might be wise to give them a call.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

AOA LM room

Hey,

i dont think it helps that in the U.K when you go through say Virgin holidays and book the Art Of Animation you dont realise your booking LM room as standard as that is the standard rooms. the UK brochures dont make it clear that the resort is split up from standard rooms and suit rooms, it just tells you about the diferent sections in no great detail. so virgin auto put you in a LM room when you book to stay in the AOA resort.

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
dpswift
DIS Veteran

The online reservation system has been acting crazy as well. I would give them a call.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
mom2dina
Mouseketeer

Also check other websites, sometimes when Disney says they are full other websites have availability its really strange ....
mom2dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
mapLeaf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dina View Post
Also check other websites, sometimes when Disney says they are full other websites have availability its really strange ....

I agree. I know there's a preference for booking through Disney but I ran into the same problem this past Feb and was able to book a LM room through Expedia.
mapLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dina View Post
It's the way big travel agencies work. Different TAs have different availability, and that includes Disney itself.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: