Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Adding a single guest for a night (points stay)

Wasn't sure if this should have been here or on the DVC board. I have a local friend who was planning to come over for the night and then just catch the bus to work in the morning (she's a CM in the MK resort area).

I stopped at the BC front desk to add her to our reservations so that she could join us for swimming. They told us that they could get her a copy of our room key, but unless we cancelled and rebooked the entire ressie that she would not have pool access.

Is this correct? We are staying on rented points and I didn't want to screw up the member's account. Everyone always makes it sound so easy to add a day guest for just one night so that said guest can enjoy the resort amenities.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Wasn't sure if this should have been here or on the DVC board. I have a local friend who was planning to come over for the night and then just catch the bus to work in the morning (she's a CM in the MK resort area).

I stopped at the BC front desk to add her to our reservations so that she could join us for swimming. They told us that they could get her a copy of our room key, but unless we cancelled and rebooked the entire ressie that she would not have pool access.

Is this correct? We are staying on rented points and I didn't want to screw up the member's account. Everyone always makes it sound so easy to add a day guest for just one night so that said guest can enjoy the resort amenities.
As long as you don't exceed occupancy, you should be able to add her to your reservation at the front desk and get her a room key. We've done that before at BLT when our son brought a friend with him and we weren't sure who was coming at the time. Our son's friend was considered a "day guest" even though she was there for four nights.

Ask another person at the front desk. It would not be a cancel and rebook.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: