Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

What size pizza at Via Napoli?

We are 2 adults and 3 children (but 2 count as adults). When we go to Via Napoli, we want to order pizza and a few entrees (probably chicken parm). If we order 2 entrees, what size pizza can we get for the other 2 adults? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
We are 2 adults and 3 children (but 2 count as adults). When we go to Via Napoli, we want to order pizza and a few entrees (probably chicken parm). If we order 2 entrees, what size pizza can we get for the other 2 adults? Thanks
Although there have been a report or two here and there that say otherwise, Via Napoli is one place that is very strict with the DDP, so if you are using DDP credits, all four adults will have to order their own entree or individual pizza. They will not let you order a larger pizza for two to share.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
kandb
DIS Veteran

Ok, I could of sworn when it first opened, you got a large for 2 or 3 people and then for more, the large square. Maybe they changed it. We can order 2 individuals, not a problem.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

We will be eating at VN for the first time on our next trip. We have free dining and I have been planning to use TS credits. After reading this thread I am a bit fuzzy on how VN works with the DDP.

We are a family of four (me, DW, DD16, and DS13). DW is usually a light eater although she has been known to work up a hunger in theme parks. The kids (even our petite DD) eat like staving sharecroppers. Depending on appetite I can eat a fair share as well.

I was thinking of ordering one of those great big "mezzo" pizzas and some salads, but am I reading right that this is not covered on the DDP? Tell me more about that, and about the individual pizza options. TIA
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Ok, I could of sworn when it first opened, you got a large for 2 or 3 people and then for more, the large square. Maybe they changed it. We can order 2 individuals, not a problem.
You're not crazy . When it first opened, they allowed combining credits for the larger pizzas. They've since changed this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
We will be eating at VN for the first time on our next trip. We have free dining and I have been planning to use TS credits. After reading this thread I am a bit fuzzy on how VN works with the DDP.

We are a family of four (me, DW, DD16, and DS13). DW is usually a light eater although she has been known to work up a hunger in theme parks. The kids (even our petite DD) eat like staving sharecroppers. Depending on appetite I can eat a fair share as well.

I was thinking of ordering one of those great big "mezzo" pizzas and some salads, but am I reading right that this is not covered on the DDP? Tell me more about that, and about the individual pizza options. TIA
You are reading correctly, the larger pizzas are no longer covered on the dining plans. As mentioned above, they used to allow combining credits for the larger pizzas, but they stopped that not too long after they initially opened.

The individual pizzas are roughly 10" super-thin crust pizzas. On the dining plan, you can either get the base "make your own" pizza (think "cheese pizza" although it's slightly different) or one of the specialty pizzas (for which they do not allow toppings changes). For me, I'll typically order the Quatro Fromaggi (Four Cheese) and that, combined with a small dessert (typically just a gelato) tends to be enough for me (though, I also like the Aracini appetizer...)

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

All it means is that each person needs to order there own individual pizza. Your not allowed to order the largest pizza to split unless you pay oop. Each individual pizza will count as a tsc and will come with a drink and dessert. We have an adr here as well so both my son and I will order our own pizza.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Thanks for the clarification. I assume one could order one of the parm dishes as a TS credit as well?
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I assume one could order one of the parm dishes as a TS credit as well?
Yes, for the three of us my son and I will order our own pizza and I know my mom's ordering the chicken parm which will be three ts credits.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: