Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #766
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
Loving our bands! Some tips I have figured out.

~fit your band to your wrist at home and get it stretched to fit your wrisr before your trip. I did thid dh did not. Mine is fitting better.

~The bands work bedt when the mickey on your band faces away from you.

~be sure to touch center of mickey to the center of mickey.
Thanks for the tips. Guess we will at least try our bands on before we leave.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #767
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,222

Just wanted to let everyone know, we were at Epcot last night for our VN ADR and it was INSANE!! I know people had said that F&W was crazy on the weekends and they weren't kidding. We didn't wait in any of the long lines bc we were headed for dinner. We are planning to go tomorrow instead. I'm so glad now I didn't plan on my F&W experience to be be on the weekend ( at night anyway) maybe it was better during the day.

I would compare the crowds to July 4th!!!!! It may have been worse.
So if it's your first time doing F&W and you're not planning on staying long, avoid the weekends.

Something else I noticed, it is really crowded this weekend in general. There were long standby waits at HS yesterday too. We have APs but don't stay onsite, so don't get FP+, which I think really negatively affected us this weekend. At HS yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was TSM. We got there at 9:30 ( it was EMH) and the return time for FP was 7:20! We couldn't come back bc of our ADR at Epcot. We waited for 1 hour and 40 min. I have NEVER waited an hour for a ride before bc we always use FP. I admit it was bad planning on my part. We were winging it this trip bc we just came back and are going again in December. Yesterday was the only day we had for HS bc of my limited ADRs.

Hope this helps someone!! We are having a blast anyway. We are renting boats this afternoon and going to Ohana's tonight. Both surprises for our DSs!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #768
Susiec
Mouseketeer
 
Susiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 369

Yesterday was a very eventful day in getting ready for our upcoming disney trip. We deep cleaned the carpet and sofa and love seat. We got hubby's car oil changed, all fluids changed, engine flushed, fuel system cleaned, new tires and washed and detailed inside and out.. Now Friday needs to hurry so we can leave 5 days to go.

What do you do to get ready?
__________________
Past Trips:
10/2013 POP!

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][ulr]
Susiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #769
daizieduck
DIS Veteran
 
daizieduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,180

Just looked at the ten day forecast and do not like the 60-70% chance of rain for next Monday and Tuesday. I hope those numbers decrease! Don't want the MSEP and Fantasmic! to get cancelled!
__________________
- Me - DH
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #770
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
Just looked at the ten day forecast and do not like the 60-70% chance of rain for next Monday and Tuesday. I hope those numbers decrease! Don't want the MSEP and Fantasmic! to get cancelled!
I saw that this morning too! 10/21 was our Illuminations/Epcot WS day, so I felt your pain. BUT, just checked weather channel's 10-day and it's back down to a 20% chance both days -HA! Too funny, we'll see I guess?!?
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 6


TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #771
daizieduck
DIS Veteran
 
daizieduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
I saw that this morning too! 10/21 was our Illuminations/Epcot WS day, so I felt your pain. BUT, just checked weather channel's 10-day and it's back down to a 20% chance both days -HA! Too funny, we'll see I guess?!?
Well either way, you know what we all say, a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home!
__________________
- Me - DH
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #772
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,799

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know, we were at Epcot last night for our VN ADR and it was INSANE!! I know people had said that F&W was crazy on the weekends and they weren't kidding. We didn't wait in any of the long lines bc we were headed for dinner. We are planning to go tomorrow instead. I'm so glad now I didn't plan on my F&W experience to be be on the weekend ( at night anyway) maybe it was better during the day.

I would compare the crowds to July 4th!!!!! It may have been worse.
So if it's your first time doing F&W and you're not planning on staying long, avoid the weekends.

Something else I noticed, it is really crowded this weekend in general. There were long standby waits at HS yesterday too. We have APs but don't stay onsite, so don't get FP+, which I think really negatively affected us this weekend. At HS yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was TSM. We got there at 9:30 ( it was EMH) and the return time for FP was 7:20! We couldn't come back bc of our ADR at Epcot. We waited for 1 hour and 40 min. I have NEVER waited an hour for a ride before bc we always use FP. I admit it was bad planning on my part. We were winging it this trip bc we just came back and are going again in December. Yesterday was the only day we had for HS bc of my limited ADRs.

Hope this helps someone!! We are having a blast anyway. We are renting boats this afternoon and going to Ohana's tonight. Both surprises for our DSs!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Glad to hear you are still having fun. We have to go to Epcot next Saturday, but I am already prepared for crowds after the last two years. Hope it lightens up a rad since next weekend isn't Columbus Day weekend. Here is to hoping anyway.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #773
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Hisgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 556

One reason for the crowds is that it is columbus day. Several folks are having long weekends. After this weekend, things should get back to normal fall crowds for the F&W.
__________________
First time: 1972 Age 11 1980, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2006 AKL, 2011 AKL, 2013, 2013 GF, 2014 WL, BLT,BCV, 2014 FW, 2014 AKL (Kidani Villas)
Hisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #774
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.
 
msmith1026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
I saw that this morning too! 10/21 was our Illuminations/Epcot WS day, so I felt your pain. BUT, just checked weather channel's 10-day and it's back down to a 20% chance both days -HA! Too funny, we'll see I guess?!?

I looked at the weather channel app earlier today and saw that it was 70% chance of rain for Monday and Tuesday and was wondering how much it would change. Pretty funny that it's already back down to 20%! I'm just throwing ponchos in our carry on and packing extra shoes in case they get wet and rolling with it. 4 days for us!!
__________________
msmith1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #775
jbp24318
Earning My Ears
 
jbp24318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 45

9 more days!!!
jbp24318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #776
Rainy29
Earning My Ears
 
Rainy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 60

3 more days for me!
Rainy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #777
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,799

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.



~Arriving October 14~
thelittlethings- October 14- October 19 @ Caribe Royale
Nakkira- October 14- October 19 @ off site
priskillet- October 14- October 20 @ Swan/Dophin
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #778
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,799

2 more days for us! Bags are packed and ready to go! Wednesday can't get here fast enough.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #779
daizieduck
DIS Veteran
 
daizieduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
I looked at the weather channel app earlier today and saw that it was 70% chance of rain for Monday and Tuesday and was wondering how much it would change. Pretty funny that it's already back down to 20%! I'm just throwing ponchos in our carry on and packing extra shoes in case they get wet and rolling with it. 4 days for us!!
Oh great. Now it's a 30% chance every day beginning Saturday! Don't like the lightening bolts on the Weather Channel graphics. Makes me think it'll be more than just showers. Hopefully it'll be the kind of rain that passes quickly. Assuming the forecast doesn't change a whole lot that is.
__________________
- Me - DH
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #780
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Hisgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 556

Good grief, I'm gonna have to spend some time on my knees about next week! All these reports about crazy insane crowds, broken monorails, thunder storms....this is not what I wanted to hear for my elderly parents' first trip!

We leave in 6 days. Plenty of time for things to turn around! I didn't know about a fall break for schools. Glad it is this week and not next week. A good thing to know for next year.

Does anyone know when the GF will have my reservation in their system? I've heard 10 days out, 3 days out, 2 days out...
__________________
First time: 1972 Age 11 1980, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2006 AKL, 2011 AKL, 2013, 2013 GF, 2014 WL, BLT,BCV, 2014 FW, 2014 AKL (Kidani Villas)
Hisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: