Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #526
cfujii
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10

One suggestion, If you are going to eat at any deluxe or signature class restaurants, please make reservations. It's probably too late for Le Cellier or California Grill (fireworks time) but the other restaurants are probably available. We make our reservations about six months in advance. We were trying to get reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert event to watch Wishes but they were sold out. This one fills up fast.
cfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #527
disneychic33
Mouseketeer
 
disneychic33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bennington, VT
Posts: 101

New to the thread...going to the world from October 24-27! Me my DD 12 and my DD 7.
ADR's

10/24 Akershaus royal banquet hall
10/25 Plaza restaurant
10/26 Planet Hollywood

Going to MNSSHP on 10/25!! We can't wait kids have already picked out there costumes.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #528
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
New to the thread...going to the world from October 24-27! Me my DD 12 and my DD 7.
ADR's

10/24 Akershaus royal banquet hall
10/25 Plaza restaurant
10/26 Planet Hollywood

Going to MNSSHP on 10/25!! We can't wait kids have already picked out there costumes.
I will add you to the list tomorrow, but can you tell me where you are staying? Also are your ADRs dinner? Can you tell me time of day so I can place them appropriately on the list (that is...if you want them added of course).
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #529
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,814

DD came home today all upset because school scheduled their pumpkin patch field tip for when we are in Disney. DS tried to explain to her that Disney and MNSSHP were so much cooler, but she was so sad to miss out on the trip with her friends. I know we can't fix everything as parents, but she is only 4 and doesn't understand. I am sure she will forget all about it once we get there.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #530
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
TBGOES2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,521

I need a crash course! Help!

I need your help! We had planned a trip for September, but we had to cancel it due to unexpected financial issues. We postponed it until November, but when our selected resort was excluded in free dining, we decided not to go. Now we have learned at the last minute that my husband has a business trip to Orlando, so we will be there in 2 weeks! Ack! I've always planned about 6 months in advance.

So, I need whatever info you can give me. I see that Peter Pan, the Railroad, and HISTK playground will be closed. Anything else? We will be there off and on from Oct 7-16. Any special events besides MNSSHP and F&W? Any large groups/crowds to expect? How about weather?

I've been avoiding the boards b/c I thought we weren't going. What's going on with fastpass? What's going on at the turn-styles? I know rope drop has changed at some (or all?) of the parks. Can somebody update me on that?

Oh, one more thing, sometimes we will be there without DH. What are the rules for riding with kids? I will have 4 kids. Since 5 is an odd number, are there certain rides where the older kids can't sit together without an adult?

Thanks!
__________________

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14



TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #531
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
DD came home today all upset because school scheduled their pumpkin patch field tip for when we are in Disney. DS tried to explain to her that Disney and MNSSHP were so much cooler, but she was so sad to miss out on the trip with her friends. I know we can't fix everything as parents, but she is only 4 and doesn't understand. I am sure she will forget all about it once we get there.
That's sad. It is so hard for them to truly understand and realize how much better Disney will be. I hope she gets over it soon. How much longer do you have?? It may be a long few weeks.

I have my own dilemma w DS16. UGH!!! He said I don't want to go AGAIN!! We go too much.
I explained to him that we have a surprise for him and we're doing something he loves! We're not going to be in the parks day and night. This really breaks my heart. I just thought my kids would always love going to Disney. I never thought this would ever happen.
My kids are so spoiled and just don't appreciate what they have. They just don't know any better. I wish I knew how to make him understand how really lucky he is.
He said the same thing for our July trip. But when he's there he looks like he's having fun. It's just so frustrating!!!
I remember on our second trip my DS (10 at the time) was missing a field trip and he could care less bc he was so excited about Disney. I miss those days.
I wonder if I really ruined it by taking them so much. But we have friends that have gone more and their kids don't feel that way.

So I wish my problem was as easy as yours.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #532
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
I need your help! We had planned a trip for September, but we had to cancel it due to unexpected financial issues. We postponed it until November, but when our selected resort was excluded in free dining, we decided not to go. Now we have learned at the last minute that my husband has a business trip to Orlando, so we will be there in 2 weeks! Ack! I've always planned about 6 months in advance.

So, I need whatever info you can give me. I see that Peter Pan, the Railroad, and HISTK playground will be closed. Anything else? We will be there off and on from Oct 7-16. Any special events besides MNSSHP and F&W? Any large groups/crowds to expect? How about weather?

I've been avoiding the boards b/c I thought we weren't going. What's going on with fastpass? What's going on at the turn-styles? I know rope drop has changed at some (or all?) of the parks. Can somebody update me on that?

Oh, one more thing, sometimes we will be there without DH. What are the rules for riding with kids? I will have 4 kids. Since 5 is an odd number, are there certain rides where the older kids can't sit together without an adult?

Thanks!
When was your last trip? Where are you staying? That will determine FP+.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #533
DisneyLoverMomof6
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 53

Hello All!!

So excited for my upcoming trip!! I will be arriving on 10/18 (the day after my 40th bday!) and staying until 10/23 at CSR. It will just be me and BFF. We have known each other since we were 5 and she went with my family on a Disney trip in 1986. We have pictures of us when we were 13 and had such a great time. I decided last year that I wanted to take a special "me" vacation for my 40th bday and since it has been nearly 7 years since my last trip, I knew I wanted to go back "home." We lived in Jax, FL (DH was in Navy) for 6 1/2 years and most of that time we only had 1 daughter (now DD15), so we went to WDW a lot, especially when we had an AP and could stay at SoG (you can't beat at weekend at Disney for only about $250!). Anyway, FF to today, we now have 6 kids (DD15, DD10, DD6, Twin DS5 and DD2), and Mommy is very much in need of a vacation! Here are our plans as of now:

Fllight lands at MCO from CMH at 9:30 am so we will have all day! DME to CSR and hopefully a room ready and waiting... if not, off to the parks we will go!

10/18- EPCOT (drinking and eating our way around F&WF)
Maybe hang out around BW for a while or possibly DTD after park
closing.
10/19- RD @AK with 9:05 am Tusker House ADR
8 pm Spirit of Aloha and probably MK after since they are now open
until 1 am
10/20- HS with 5:45 pm Sci-Fi ADR
10/21- MK (no ADRs) (most likely a sleep in day with early pool time prior to going to park since EMH are 12-2am).
10/22- 10:25 am 'Ohana breakfast
EPCOT in the afternoon to catch BoyzIIMen and 7:15 LeCellier ADR
10/23- 7:55 am Kona breakfast ADR followed by a few hours at MK before
heading back to CSR to catch MDE back to MCO.

I have to admit, I do feel a little guilty leaving the family behind (especially since the 4 youngest have never been), but we are taking them to Kalahari/Cedar Point the weekend before I leave for some water park and Halloween fun, AND we just booked our first ever DCL on the Wonder for March 30, 2014 so they have that to look forward to as well. After the cruise, sometime in the next year we are planning a "big" trip to WDW and Universal (probably about 10 days) and at that time all the kids will go. With a family of 8 we will most likely rent a vacation home to have a private pool and the kids will have plenty of space to spread out at night, but even at that the trip will probably cost about $12,000-$15,000! Whew! Would love to meet up with some Diser friends while we are there next month!
DisneyLoverMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #534
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverMomof6 View Post
So excited for my upcoming trip!! I will be arriving on 10/18 (the day after my 40th bday!) and staying until 10/23 at CSR. It will just be me and BFF. We have known each other since we were 5 and she went with my family on a Disney trip in 1986. We have pictures of us when we were 13 and had such a great time. I decided last year that I wanted to take a special "me" vacation for my 40th bday and since it has been nearly 7 years since my last trip, I knew I wanted to go back "home." We lived in Jax, FL (DH was in Navy) for 6 1/2 years and most of that time we only had 1 daughter (now DD15), so we went to WDW a lot, especially when we had an AP and could stay at SoG (you can't beat at weekend at Disney for only about $250!). Anyway, FF to today, we now have 6 kids (DD15, DD10, DD6, Twin DS5 and DD2), and Mommy is very much in need of a vacation! Here are our plans as of now:

Fllight lands at MCO from CMH at 9:30 am so we will have all day! DME to CSR and hopefully a room ready and waiting... if not, off to the parks we will go!

10/18- EPCOT (drinking and eating our way around F&WF)
Maybe hang out around BW for a while or possibly DTD after park
closing.
10/19- RD @AK with 9:05 am Tusker House ADR
8 pm Spirit of Aloha and probably MK after since they are now open
until 1 am
10/20- HS with 5:45 pm Sci-Fi ADR
10/21- MK (no ADRs) (most likely a sleep in day with early pool time prior to going to park since EMH are 12-2am).
10/22- 10:25 am 'Ohana breakfast
EPCOT in the afternoon to catch BoyzIIMen and 7:15 LeCellier ADR
10/23- 7:55 am Kona breakfast ADR followed by a few hours at MK before
heading back to CSR to catch MDE back to MCO.

I have to admit, I do feel a little guilty leaving the family behind (especially since the 4 youngest have never been), but we are taking them to Kalahari/Cedar Point the weekend before I leave for some water park and Halloween fun, AND we just booked our first ever DCL on the Wonder for March 30, 2014 so they have that to look forward to as well. After the cruise, sometime in the next year we are planning a "big" trip to WDW and Universal (probably about 10 days) and at that time all the kids will go. With a family of 8 we will most likely rent a vacation home to have a private pool and the kids will have plenty of space to spread out at night, but even at that the trip will probably cost about $12,000-$15,000! Whew! Would love to meet up with some Diser friends while we are there next month!
That sounds like such a great b-day trip!!! I know what you mean about feeling guilty but like you said they will be going soon. And a cruise to boot-that's awesome!! March will be here before you know it.
Have a blast!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #535
scrappymel
DIS Veteran
 
scrappymel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverMomof6 View Post
So excited for my upcoming trip!! I will be arriving on 10/18 (the day after my 40th bday!) and staying until 10/23 at CSR. It will just be me and BFF. We have known each other since we were 5 and she went with my family on a Disney trip in 1986. We have pictures of us when we were 13 and had such a great time. I decided last year that I wanted to take a special "me" vacation for my 40th bday and since it has been nearly 7 years since my last trip, I knew I wanted to go back "home." We lived in Jax, FL (DH was in Navy) for 6 1/2 years and most of that time we only had 1 daughter (now DD15), so we went to WDW a lot, especially when we had an AP and could stay at SoG (you can't beat at weekend at Disney for only about $250!). Anyway, FF to today, we now have 6 kids (DD15, DD10, DD6, Twin DS5 and DD2), and Mommy is very much in need of a vacation! Here are our plans as of now:

Fllight lands at MCO from CMH at 9:30 am so we will have all day! DME to CSR and hopefully a room ready and waiting... if not, off to the parks we will go!

10/18- EPCOT (drinking and eating our way around F&WF)
Maybe hang out around BW for a while or possibly DTD after park
closing.
10/19- RD @AK with 9:05 am Tusker House ADR
8 pm Spirit of Aloha and probably MK after since they are now open
until 1 am
10/20- HS with 5:45 pm Sci-Fi ADR
10/21- MK (no ADRs) (most likely a sleep in day with early pool time prior to going to park since EMH are 12-2am).
10/22- 10:25 am 'Ohana breakfast
EPCOT in the afternoon to catch BoyzIIMen and 7:15 LeCellier ADR
10/23- 7:55 am Kona breakfast ADR followed by a few hours at MK before
heading back to CSR to catch MDE back to MCO.

I have to admit, I do feel a little guilty leaving the family behind (especially since the 4 youngest have never been), but we are taking them to Kalahari/Cedar Point the weekend before I leave for some water park and Halloween fun, AND we just booked our first ever DCL on the Wonder for March 30, 2014 so they have that to look forward to as well. After the cruise, sometime in the next year we are planning a "big" trip to WDW and Universal (probably about 10 days) and at that time all the kids will go. With a family of 8 we will most likely rent a vacation home to have a private pool and the kids will have plenty of space to spread out at night, but even at that the trip will probably cost about $12,000-$15,000! Whew! Would love to meet up with some Diser friends while we are there next month!
Your 40th bday is on October 17??!! MINE TOO!!! happy early birthday, my birthday twin!!! We are going oct 5-14, so just missing my bday there. My dd will turn 9 while we are there tho. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Melisa
*10/10-19/09 - POFQ
*12/11-18/10 - POP
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #536
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
TBGOES2DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
When was your last trip? Where are you staying? That will determine FP+.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Last trip was Nov/Dec 2012. We are staying offsite, not exactly sure where yet, but trying to stay not too far away. This is our first time offsite, so we'll see how it goes!
__________________

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14



TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #537
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post

Last trip was Nov/Dec 2012. We are staying offsite, not exactly sure where yet, but trying to stay not too far away. This is our first time offsite, so we'll see how it goes!
Oh that wasnt that long ago at all! Lol I guess I thought you hadn't been in a while. Well as for FP & FP+I been reading a lot on other threads about MBs and FP+ to try to find out what's going on. I think people who stay offsite are at a disadvantage right now bc it's not all rolled out yet and only people staying onsite will get FP+.

We also stay offsite and have APs. I'm hoping the APs give us a little advantage. I will be there in 2 weeks and planning on just using old FP. But w everyone using FP+, not sure how that will effect us.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property

Last edited by ddluvsdisney; 09-25-2013 at 06:56 AM.
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #538
jbp24318
Earning My Ears
 
jbp24318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 45

Got mickey mail today !! 28 more day MB on the way !!
jbp24318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #539
anjalee6
DIS Veteran
 
anjalee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp24318 View Post
Got mickey mail today !! 28 more day MB on the way !!
Congrats! So much fun, isn't it? Love getting Mickey mail.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #540
EConns
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2

Photo Pass

Hi all, I was wondering what all of you experienced Disney go-ers thought of the PhotoPass? Is it worth it to buy? It is my kids first trip to Disney. I haven't been in 15 years so need some advice to see if its worth the money? thanks!
EConns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: