Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #496
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

I promise to update everyone this weekend. My daughter came home complaining of ear pain so we are sitting in the doctor. Earlier in the week, my son came home sick with an ear infection. Ugh! But it's better now then in Disney right?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #497
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
I promise to update everyone this weekend. My daughter came home complaining of ear pain so we are sitting in the doctor. Earlier in the week, my son came home sick with an ear infection. Ugh! But it's better now then in Disney right?
Oh that stinks!!
Yes it's better than in Disney, but ear infections are no fun. Especially so early in the year!! Yikes

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #498
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, better now than in Disney but hope they feel better soon.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #499
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Well it's a confirmed ear infection for my daughter too. Antibiotics all around! And on top of that, we noticed a few days ago that she had a rash developing on her hands. The doctor asked her if she has been playing with anything new, eating anything different, and come to find out, she said they are using new raspberry soap in the bathrooms at school. Doctor said something in the chemical make up must be bothering her skin. Contact day care and they confirm they are using new soap since last week, ugh, so do I ask them to switch soaps or do I bring soap from home that is fragrance free that she can use? So weird. Anyway, doctor said to stay away from the trigger so I guess she needs new soap one way or the other. She has to wash her hands.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #500
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well it's a confirmed ear infection for my daughter too. Antibiotics all around! And on top of that, we noticed a few days ago that she had a rash developing on her hands. The doctor asked her if she has been playing with anything new, eating anything different, and come to find out, she said they are using new raspberry soap in the bathrooms at school. Doctor said something in the chemical make up must be bothering her skin. Contact day care and they confirm they are using new soap since last week, ugh, so do I ask them to switch soaps or do I bring soap from home that is fragrance free that she can use? So weird. Anyway, doctor said to stay away from the trigger so I guess she needs new soap one way or the other. She has to wash her hands.
That stinks but at least they figured out what it was. The same thing happened to my friend's daughter last year in preschool. Her hands were all red and it was awful. It took them forever to get to the bottom of it because it started in the middle of the winter. She finally ended up bringing in special soap just so she knew that there was soap for her there. Good luck!!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #501
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajaput View Post
We leave in 17 days for our VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP!!!! Our daughter is 9 1/2 and our son is 7 1/2 and they have NO CLUE this is happening! I've been keeping this secret since I booked back in February! As the trip gets closer, it's getting harder and harder to not slip!!!! LOL

Anyway, we have been throwing around ideas on how we are going to surprise them for a while now. I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions! This is what we know: Our kids will get up and go to school like normal that Friday morning (their last day of school before Fall Break). We will be picking them up early and the van will be packed and ready to hit the road (we are driving). Now, we never pick the kids up from school so that in itself will make them go, "Umm....what's up? Why are we leaving school early?" Just an FYI.....our kids go to two different schools, so nothing can happen until we get them BOTH picked up and into the van.

I'm SO EXCITED!!! My kids LOVE surprises and a 7 night/8 day trip to Disney World is just the ULTIMATE thing to surprise them with!!!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and what others have done!
That is so awesome My friends just did this with their niece and nephews. They set up a hangman game for them to do and that's how they found out.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #502
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp24318 View Post
Were stay at WLV also , Oct 24- Nov 1!
Nice!! We will have to keep an eye out for each other lol. I'll have a green mickey head lol Have you done WL before? This is our first time staying DVC, but we have done the lodge a few times. It's our favorite resort
Old 09-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #503
Grammy Hammy
Earning My Ears

Have fun....I'm looking forward to an all adult trip in a little over a month and will enjoy the food and wine festival and the MNSSHP too..
Old 09-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #504
LolaMouse
Earning My Ears

DH and I are trying to figure out how to pack for our trip (10/10-10/15). Anyone know what the temperatures are like for day and night during that time? Do we need shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #505
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMouse View Post
DH and I are trying to figure out how to pack for our trip (10/10-10/15). Anyone know what the temperatures are like for day and night during that time? Do we need shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!
From what I've read and what my mom remembers (we used to live in FL when I was little) october weather can kind of fluctuate.

Humidity lowers and a nice breeze picks up but its still pretty warm. I plan on checking the weather when we get closer to and packing accordingly. Do remember a light jacket. The A/C is very powerful and if you go inside somewhere you could get chilled. Also the evenings can be a tad on the chilly side if I remember.
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #506
cfujii
Earning My Ears

We come to Orlando every year. We alternate Halloween with Christmas. Most of the times, Halloween time meant good weather and moderate temperatures. One year, there was horizontal rain at WDW but only during certain times of the day and it didn't last very long. We have always been in the habit of taking ponchos in the event of a downpour. I think your time at WDW in October will be great. After all, October is after hurricane season and it seems that Orlando doesn't get hit by hurricanes very much, the rest of Florida yes, Orlando no...Walt must be looking out for us.
cfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #507
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

It's still pretty warm. We are planning on shorts!!! I've been the first week of Nov. before and it was warm. My niece was swimming. I'm sure my boys won't want to get out of the pool when we're there. But like pp said just check weather the week before you go then you'll have exact temps.
I'm sure others that have been in Oct. before can give more advice.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #508
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Lists are all updated!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #509
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We have been in October/beginning of November for the past three years in a row and we found that we are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. My husband was fine with that during the night as well. I took a light weight sweatshirt with me for the early morning or late night, but only used it twice and that was only on our last trip. I always pack one pair of pants just in case, but never use them. I do like having the sweatshirt with me though.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #510
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have been in October/beginning of November for the past three years in a row and we found that we are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. My husband was fine with that during the night as well. I took a light weight sweatshirt with me for the early morning or late night, but only used it twice and that was only on our last trip. I always pack one pair of pants just in case, but never use them. I do like having the sweatshirt with me though.
Were you there last year? We were freezing all week until the last couple of days.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: