Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
graybow77
Earning My Ears

Flying in night before

We are looking at flying in the night before and staying off site for one night them move over to the Beach Club for the next 7 nights...We would be arriving at Orlando Airport round 10:30PM so no reason to get a room at Disney for the night...does anyone have any experience with this...will hotels pick you up? Taxi? I just need little help......

thanks in advance
graybow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

You can still use Disney's Magical Express. Just give them the next day as your arrival day.
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

To get more reasonable fares, my best friend sometimes flies in the day before and stays at the Marriott. They pick her family up in their shuttle to go to the hotel, then take them back to the airport the next morning, where she gets Magical Express.

I think it's a Hilton at the airport itself, which would be convenient.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
graybow77
Earning My Ears

The Mariott would work great they way I can use my points for my stay...
so I just need to contact Magical Express and let them know what I am doing.??
Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
MarkC71
Earning My Ears

My wife and I have done this many time and it works great. I love having a full day the day our tickets start. Just a suggestion, you might want to look into staying at a Disney value resort the first night. The price for a one night stay is comparable to the hotels outside the park and then there is no issue with Magical Express, plus Disney will transfer your bags to your next resort, so all you have to do the next morning is check into the new hotel and go to the parks. When you come back from the parks your bags will be waiting at the new room. It really works well for us.
MarkC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
macnodos
DIS FAN

Have done it several times because of cheaper airfare coming in night before. We stayed at airport Hyatt and got up running early next morning. We have also used car service for years and that made it easier as well. No reason to spend $400 + to just sleep one night on sight. Good Luck.
macnodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
graybow77
Earning My Ears

yea that would work great but there is 5 of us...my just find place close to airport take shuttle then shuttle back to airport and get on Magical Express
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

The MCO Hyatt is very nice. They will also pick up your luggage for you, so you can come right off the jet bridge and go straight to the check in desk. It's very easy to get to ME in the morning.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybow77 View Post
yea that would work great but there is 5 of us...my just find place close to airport take shuttle then shuttle back to airport and get on Magical Express
We are 5 in our party - they have a family deal where you can get 1/2 off the connecting room. You have to call the reservation line, though, you can't do this online. We're arriving at 10 pm, and the two rooms at the Hyatt is still a lot cheaper than a night at the BC.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hyatt on our last trip. We loved it. We had dinner at Hemisphere (the hotel's main dining room), swam in the rooftop pool, and were on Magical Express at 7:30 the next morning. You will arrive much later than we did, but we believe it's worth the extra cost to stay at the Hyatt since you never have to leave the airport itself. It's also very peaceful in the morning to sit on your balcony watching people come and go throughout the terminal.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC71 View Post
My wife and I have done this many time and it works great. I love having a full day the day our tickets start. Just a suggestion, you might want to look into staying at a Disney value resort the first night. The price for a one night stay is comparable to the hotels outside the park and then there is no issue with Magical Express, plus Disney will transfer your bags to your next resort, so all you have to do the next morning is check into the new hotel and go to the parks. When you come back from the parks your bags will be waiting at the new room. It really works well for us.
This is what we are doing. We are flying in the day before our package starts because airfare is a thousand dollars cheaper. We're staying at YC that day and transferring to BLT the next day. They will transfer our luggage to BLT while we enjoy Animal Kingdom!!!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
MMW1206
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybow77 View Post
The Mariott would work great they way I can use my points for my stay...
so I just need to contact Magical Express and let them know what I am doing.??
Yes. Just call them and give your flight information as you would normally. Let them know you are coming in the night before and will be headed back to the airport on the day your reservation begins to take Magical Express. You only need the ME voucher to get on the shuttle. Have fun!
MMW1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
MMW1206
Earning My Ears

I agree with Mark C. Stay in a Disney value resort for one night with a room discount. Then have your luggage transferred the next day. All you need to do is get on Disney transportation head to your next resort , check in and get your tickets and go. We have stayed off and on property the night before and have found that staying on property in a value works out well and ends up being cheaper since you are not paying for car rental or transportation from the airport to the off property site then from off property to your Disney resort. But, if you have hotel points to work with then staying off property makes sense.
MMW1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMW1206 View Post
I agree with Mark C. Stay in a Disney value resort for one night with a room discount. Then have your luggage transferred the next day. All you need to do is get on Disney transportation head to your next resort , check in and get your tickets and go. We have stayed off and on property the night before and have found that staying on property in a value works out well and ends up being cheaper since you are not paying for car rental or transportation from the airport to the off property site then from off property to your Disney resort. But, if you have hotel points to work with then staying off property makes sense.
They are a family of 5 - value rooms are out. I have the same issue. The onsite rooms that fit us are a lot more expensive than the rooms at the airport. We just hop on the ME in the morning. We reserved the ME for the morning rather than the night we were flying in.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
macnodos
DIS FAN

Second the MCO Hyatt, very convenient if flying in a night before package or room reservations begins. Can get up early and get your trip started the right way and still use ME or roundtrip car service. Very good restaurant for late night meal.
macnodos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: