Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #46
Callymum
DIS Veteran

If it was a Lifetime Mug and bought pre-2000. It should be still viable to use, these mugs don't have the use only for the stay printed on them and they were sold as lifetime mugs at $32.99. They are a larger style than the ones today.

I would send an email to the Disney Customer service and let them know about it. I say this because there was a thread a year ago about this and the lady got a reply from the Disney Representative who agreed this was a lifetime mug.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #47
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) We have "forever" mugs from three resorts.
2) All of ours are 2001 or prior.
3) They are still good and WILL be honored in the future.
4) We were told they will give us a stick-on chip to activate fountains.
Can I ask you who told you that the Lifetime Mug could be used. I have the WL Lifetime mug and I was given a mug two years ago to replace while I was there for the vacation.
I am wanting to take my Mug again, but would be great if I could enquire about it first.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #48
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner View Post
Just went and looked, you are correct - however, I doubt I would have looked at my mug that closely if not directed to do so. My only point was that sometimes we shouldn't assume the worst in people. If an employee at Disney is telling hundreds of people a day that doing this is ok, well, I bet there are hundreds of people that are doing it thinking that it is ok. I'm not trying to say that it is right or ok, but I am sure that there are many that aren't doing it to try and rip anyone off or be sneaky. I tend to think the of best in people, makes life more enjoyable.
I agree. There is so much misinformation floating around and much of it comes from people you trust to be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post

One thing that I really can't accept is when rules are changed mid game. If Disney promoted these mugs long ago as forever mugs, then they should stand behind their word, regardless of the new RFID setup. If I had one, I would be contacting Disney to get an answer of how to continue to use my forever mug with the new system. If anyone gets a response, I would be interested in hearing about it.

I imagine Disney will find a way to compensate for those forever mugs. It does not make sense that a company would want to jeopardize credibility in order to enforce a new policy, not with something that costs next to nothing to honor.

I love the mugs! My cabinets are overflowing with different mugs from our various stays, but I cannot resist. I just buy another when I return. I have to say that I really think resort specific mugs would be a better sell for Disney,and generate more interest for each guest.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #49
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismartinique View Post
Oh here we go....another can of worms. They def were forever mugs when purchased. I recall that clearly. Just wondered where they can be used. If that is no longer the policy I am not out to pull one over on wdw. No biggie, really!

Why is always assumed someone is trying to sneak or break a rule? This is the way it USED to be. Gosh.

yep I have that Memory also.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: