Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #31
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL

They are implementing a new refillable mug program anyway called RapidFill.

You can choose how many days you want or pay for the whole stay. The mugs will have an RFID on them and will be deactivated after your allowable time. So it seems this problem will resolve itself sooner or later.

They're starting with the All Star Resorts this month and will roll out to the other resorts eventually.

You will need a new mug each time.

ETA... The good part is that you can use it any refillable station though, not just where you purchased it at.
I've been reading about this, I think I like that idea!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Yeah, it seems like it takes the guesswork out of it. You can pay for only 1 day or multiple, or your whole stay. Looks like max of $17.99 for the whole stay.

We don't ever get these so I don't know what they cost now. But I saw this on WDWMagic just the other day.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
chrismartinique
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
All you have to do is read the side of the mug. The rules are posted right there.
I am the OP and my ASMo mugs are from "wayyyyy back".... they say nothing, nada, zip! There were no rules printed on the mugs. And no I don't steal, lie or cheat. I am going by what we were told when we purchased the mugs. "Wash them, save them, bring them back."
chrismartinique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #34
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Apparently with Rapid Fill there will be no "forever" mugs. In order to even have the drink stations work, guests would need to purchase a new chipped mug with each visit. It does not look as though there will be an exception for "way way back" mugs.

I'm also guessing that eventually the whole thing will be tied into the Magic Bands and the guests will order a "soda package" as a resort add-on for their stay if they want one.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Apparently with Rapid Fill there will be no "forever" mugs. In order to even have the drink stations work, guests would need to purchase a new chipped mug with each visit. It does not look as though there will be an exception for "way way back" mugs.
Maybe they will give out a length of stay mug for anyone that has a true forever mug?

One thing that I really can't accept is when rules are changed mid game. If Disney promoted these mugs long ago as forever mugs, then they should stand behind their word, regardless of the new RFID setup. If I had one, I would be contacting Disney to get an answer of how to continue to use my forever mug with the new system. If anyone gets a response, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Upcoming: 7/14 - BWV, 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2)

2014: Jan - VGC, Mar - BLT
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2008: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #36
TheRustyScupper
Seeing isn't Believing. Believing is Seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismartinique View Post
Still have our all star mugs from 1999....these are still accepted? They were ASMo mugs....can they be used at any value?

1) We have "forever" mugs from three resorts.
2) All of ours are 2001 or prior.
3) They are still good and WILL be honored in the future.
4) We were told they will give us a stick-on chip to activate fountains.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
annie170
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL

They are implementing a new refillable mug program anyway called RapidFill.

You can choose how many days you want or pay for the whole stay. The mugs will have an RFID on them and will be deactivated after your allowable time. So it seems this problem will resolve itself sooner or later.

They're starting with the All Star Resorts this month and will roll out to the other resorts eventually.

You will need a new mug each time.

ETA... The good part is that you can use it any refillable station though, not just where you purchased it at.
So, if you're on the DDP, the number of days of use equals the number of days of your stay?
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

I hope they let us pay to reactivate our mugs. I am an AP holder and my mugs have taken over my kitchen!! LOL!!
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Were did you read this/who told you this?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #40
Princess_Nikki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammadiva View Post
I hope they let us pay to reactivate our mugs. I am an AP holder and my mugs have taken over my kitchen!! LOL!!
You and me both!
I was trying to figure out exactly WHERE to keep them.

I have one Disney Parks mug that has NOTHING written on the side.
I can't remember when we got it or where.

Refillable mug situation = crazy town
Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
mare1203
Mouseketeer

Actually glad to see this thread. Our family bought mugs in the early 1990's when they were good forever. I looked for a picture online and can't find one, but I can tell you that these mugs are VERY different from the ones you see today or even the resort specific mugs that started showing up post-1996. Our mugs are a hard insulated plastic that is a light putty color with the old Polynesian logo in bright pink and turquoise with a bright pink top.

While there is some thought that newer cast members would not know of the mugs I can tell you that older cast members and managers do know about them and oftentimes comment (positively) when they see one so word gets around pretty quickly. Also, I think you'd be surprised how many Disney aficionados actually work for Disney and really enjoy that kind of stuff. A lot of CM's are collectors of Disney memorabilia. I am hoping Rusty is right (and he usually is) and that we can get the RFID in them because we really like our mugs and bring them back every visit. I will say that we only ever bring them back when we are staying at the Poly because they are Poly specific.

mare1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
Haley
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't want to use a mug that's been sitting around since the 90's - god only knows what kind of chemicals leach out of that cheap plastic as it's decomposing

Why don't the hotels just charge a flat $17 drink fee per person and then anyone staying at the hotel can just hold up their room key and get drinks in a paper cup. Then you wouldn't have to carry around a plastic mug that holds like 2 ounces anyways. Plastic cups and chips has got to cost Disney more than paper cups. Paper is easier/cheaper to recycle and a renewable resource at least.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, next trip Dec '13!

Last edited by Haley; 07-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #43
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
Why don't the hotels just charge a flat $17 drink fee per person and then anyone staying at the hotel can just hold up their room key and get drinks in a paper cup.
Won't work. There are lots of guests who don't get the refillable cups, wouldn't use the refillable cups, and only drink water. No way they will pay for something they won't use.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #44
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Won't work. There are lots of guests who don't get the refillable cups, wouldn't use the refillable cups, and only drink water. No way they will pay for something they won't use.
This new system isn't for water and the system proposed wouldn't have to be either.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #45
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
I would like to know your source of info too! I'd love to be able to use our old Dixie Landings mugs that I've saved for all these years!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: