Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb0310 View Post
Despicable Me 2 was pretty much amazing. . .

1) We enjoyed it.
2) Especially "The Minions".
3) I am sure it will make a lots of bucks.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
tidefan
DIS Veteran

I'll be the dissenter here. While I enjoyed DM2, I did not think it was as good as DM1. Also, I did not think that MU was as good as MI either, but I thought that the story holds its own better in MU than in DM2.

That said, DD9 thought that both of them were great and I am sure that they both will make a great deal of $$. I do not have the same faith in either 'Planes' or 'Turbo'...

Upcoming: SSR, DVC Alaskan Member Cruise & Aulani
tidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I don't think it helps at all that Armie Hammer isn't a household name. I had to look him up to see what else he had acted in. And nope, still don't know who he is. I've seen exactly 0 of the projects he has been in.

They are trying to sell this movie on Johnny Depp's appeal. And that may be a hard sell when he doesn't look like Johnny Depp.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

I didn't even realize DM2 was out until the 5th. I went to the first showing of Lone Ranger and am already planning a girls night to watch LR. They had DM2 playing in the next theatre and I thought it was a special showing of DM1 because I had no clue the new one was out. DM2 has no interest to me and I haven't even seen all of DM1 yet. LR is not a kids movie and I can't figure why people keep comparing these two movies as they have a different target audience.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ninja View Post
I didn't even realize DM2 was out until the 5th. I went to the first showing of Lone Ranger and am already planning a girls night to watch LR. They had DM2 playing in the next theatre and I thought it was a special showing of DM1 because I had no clue the new one was out. DM2 has no interest to me and I haven't even seen all of DM1 yet. LR is not a kids movie and I can't figure why people keep comparing these two movies as they have a different target audience.
I guess because its disney vs universal
But i agree two different demographics
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

I am really hoping this thing has legs and does super well overseas, as I really really want this franchise to do well. I really want to see frontier Land with Lone ranger and tonto walking around for pictures and the such LOL

I loved the Lone ranger toys when I was the kid
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
Whatsthegoodword
Mouseketeer

Yeah, ths is MU vs. DM2 - and MU is much better. I've seen em both. DM2 is just not funny. ...at all.
Whatsthegoodword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #23
Stasia5
Earning My Ears

I saw DM2 and thought it was really funny. However, I really didn't care for the story and think the first one is a lot better. While I liked it, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. This was my daughter's pick. My son would have rather seen MU so we'll be seeing that next. I'll likely rent Lone Ranger. It's easy to see why DM2 did so well. We all love Minions!
Stasia5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthegoodword View Post
Yeah, ths is MU vs. DM2 - and MU is much better. I've seen em both. DM2 is just not funny. ...at all.
Thoroughly enjoyed DM2; did not think it was as good as the first one, mostly because the transformation of Cru in the first movie was so charming and in the second one it is already done/known. MU was okay. I have eleven year olds and they are not yet prepared to fully comprehend the whole life-changing event college is, and fraternities? Not really as a big a deal as they used to be so it felt "dated" to me. The kids seemed a bit befuddled by it.

Re POTC and Mr. Depp, well, I really watch POTC for Orlando Bloom. If Orlando had been the Lone Ranger...lol. I'd have been first in line.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

DM2 was funny and I enjoyed it as much as any other non-Disney animated film, but I don't think it was amazing. I won't be running out to pre-order it and I'm not waiting for it to come out on DVD so I can see it again, like I was with Wreck-It-Ralph, Brave, Tangled, etc. We may not rent it or buy it at all and it probably won't get played a gazillion times in my house like MU probably will. I did like MU, but MI so I had REALLY high expectations, but it was still the best thing out since WiR.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #26
gochief58
Mouseketeer

We saw DM2 and Lone Ranger today. DM2 was good but Lone Ranger was very good. I don't understand where the bad reviews come from. If critics like a movie there's a very good chance I will hate it. Will buy this on Blue Ray when it comes out.
gochief58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #27
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

definitely buying this on Blue ray when it comes out
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #28
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Here's one review of both...pretty much calls LR, horse poo...

http://www.people.com/people/article...714208,00.html

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #29
TJSkinner
Earning My Ears

Lone Ranger

My complaints about the Lone Ranger, is the depiction of Texas. Nowhere in Texas do we have topography like they show in the movie, Obviously Monument Valley area. Plus it would have taken days to reach where the golden spike was hammered. Johnny Depp steals the show. Should have been Tonto meets a lone ranger. Overall good movie. Eill buy iy in blu ray.y
Disney Cruise November 2013
TJSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
ninaeve
Mouseketeer

We saw MU and LR at the drive in double feature this weekend, and loved both! I did like MI better than MU, but still felt like it had its own story, and was funny and fun to watch! We read all the horrible reviews on LR, and had very low expectations of it, but our 10 yr old son was really looking forward to it. It started slow, but we all enjoyed it from the younger ones to the grandparents. You did not have to know anything about the LR original story to be able to understand (usually a pet peeve of mine), we laughed, and we were definitely entertained. I would definitely go see it again in the movie theater, while I would not MU.
Grandparent trip offsite 2003
POR First trip with my own family April 2005
POR March 2007, AKL adult trip May 2007
CSR March 2008
POR/FWCabins May/June 2010
POLY Sisters Girl Trip! July 2013

ninaeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: