Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

First split stay and question

We are doing a big go all out trip next year as it will be last trip for a while. We have never done all 4 parks or stayed onsite more than 2 nights so I am super excited

We are doing three nights CR TPV (if discounted) or else bay lake view and 4 nights at the poly. I am wondering what order to do them in?

I am leaning towards cr first as we will do MK one day and mnsshp the next day so being close will be good. Plus we know we love the poly as we stayed there this year but only for two nights (not long enough but only onsite stay so far!)

What does everyone think?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
We are doing a big go all out trip next year as it will be last trip for a while. We have never done all 4 parks or stayed onsite more than 2 nights so I am super excited

We are doing three nights CR TPV (if discounted) or else bay lake view and 4 nights at the poly. I am wondering what order to do them in?

I am leaning towards cr first as we will do MK one day and mnsshp the next day so being close will be good. Plus we know we love the poly as we stayed there this year but only for two nights (not long enough but only onsite stay so far!)

What does everyone think?
I just answered your post on the CR thread....lol. If it were me, I'd end with the Poly. Like you said, you know you love it there, so if the CR is just ok, you will have the Poly to look forward to .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

Lol. Thanks!

A cm said that if I book a package and switch to room only that it still guarantees me a room at that resort but I still have to do a different booking. Is that true?

Am wondering if I should book TPV or garden wing or BLv. We will only upgrade to TPV if there is a discount or I win the lottery
Which sells out first?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
princessap
DIS Veteran

Split stay lovers would love opinions!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Lol. Thanks!

A cm said that if I book a package and switch to room only that it still guarantees me a room at that resort but I still have to do a different booking. Is that true?

Am wondering if I should book TPV or garden wing or BLv. We will only upgrade to TPV if there is a discount or I win the lottery
Which sells out first?
If you book one reservation type now and decide to change to the other later on, the CM can easily make the new reservation and then cancel the old one, provided the resort you have booked is still available. However, since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other (which is the reason for cancelling/rebooking). So if the resort you have booked is no longer available, you can still change your reservation type, but guest services will have to do it. This can take some time, but guest services will work their magic to make the switch without you losing your resort/room type .

As far as the CR, my guess is the GW rooms would sell out first since they are the cheapest (but that's just my opinion).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: