Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #76
Tasscrapper
I belive in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures.

Gisele aren't there workers on the train or some way to contact someone if a problem arrises? How horrible.
Me, DH April 26-27Me, DH, DD 13, DS 12, DS 9 January 19-24 2014Me, two friends and a friend of a friend October 2013Me and DH September 27-30 2011 @Peacock SuitesMe, Big Sis, Big Bro, dd14,dd9,ds7,ds5 Aug2-6 @Comfort Inn Maingate Me and Dh July 12-15 @ Crown PlazaMe. Big Bro, dd13, ds4 June 4-9 @Del Sol
Me, Big Bro, dd 8, ds 7, ds4 Feb 1-5 @Peacock SuitesDH, me, dd13, dd8, ds4, ds6 Dec. 08 @ Peacock Suites Dh and me August 08 @ Anaheim Plaza
Tasscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #77
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasscrapper
Gisele aren't there workers on the train or some way to contact someone if a problem arrises? How horrible.
Yes, but.....the words that we exchanged took place just minutes after boarding in Martinez. I did not like his attitude towards me. He was apparently annoyed with me for slowing him up from going upstairs. I had been asked a question by another passenger, so was answering said question, and had paused just before these steps. All he had to do was say excuse me, and go around, I am not that huge! Anyway, instead he is waving his hands about, while giving me an ugly look, and speaking in an ugly tone. I was not having any of this. So, I told him not to be so rude, that I don't accept that behavior! In hindsight, I wish I had just shut it, and go about my business, but this incident just was not setting with me ok. Then, he starts mimicking me, tells me I need medication, all the while I am telling him how rude he is. I felt bad, actually, because there were the two young children with him. That is when I realized it was best that I be quiet and sit somewhere that I could not see this person. Occasionally, when he walked by me, he would just glare at me, then his son would do the same thing, I would say he was about 9 maybe. Fun!
Keep in mind, this is a long trip. So, at first I did mention to one of the conductors that I found this passenger to be rude and obnoxious. I have no idea if he said anything to him. All that I do know, is that if a conductor decides the best way to deal with a problem is by telling you to depart the train, that's what you must do. I did not want to end up stuck in Corchorn.(sp?) So I did not want to make a big deal about this situation. After hours on the train, then a transfer to a bus in Bakersfield, of course we end up with all the same connections. The young boy sat behind me on that bus, then he had fun kicking the back of my seat. So I moved. No way I was going to deal with that from Bakersfield to Los Angeles.
The rest of Mr. wonderful's behavior was near the and at the end of the trip.
(Deep sigh!) Good God! Blah!
So as much as I love Amtrak otherwise, right there and then I decided my next trip down will be by the airline that has luv in its motto.....
Luv is in the air. Fly Southwest...... (Where the nuts are in little bags, not sitting across from you!)

Lol....
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #78
Jerry Horne
Mouseketeer

Well, we leave in the morning on the train down to L.A. with Sunday our first day in the park. Thanks to everyone for chiming in and answering questions.

I'll check in if anything interesting happens!

Disneyland - 1977, 1985, 2012, 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
California Adventure - 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
Jerry Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #79
Jerry Horne
Mouseketeer

What a great first day in the park! Rope Drop! We did Pirates 3 times, Haunted 2 times, Big Thunder, Star Tours, Jungle Cruise and Blue Bayou for dinner.

Talked to a waiter at BB and Pirates will be closed from Monday but BB will be open with a partition put up.

Going to be in the upper 90's soon

Disneyland - 1977, 1985, 2012, 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
California Adventure - 2013, 2014 (twice), 2015
Jerry Horne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: